Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finally made Million Miler today

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2020, 12:50 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by hi55us
Or a pastrami snack box, that may not contain pastrami.
*salami
Old Aug 14, 2020, 7:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by hi55us
Or a pastrami snack box, that may not contain pastrami.
This reminds me of the fake cheese debacle in SCs.
kthomas likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2020, 10:02 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Congratulations
Old Aug 15, 2020, 3:06 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Congratulations from me as well.
Old Aug 15, 2020, 4:49 pm

Programs: DL DM
Congrats! So sorry to hear DL is temporarily suspending the MM recognition/gifts. Hopefully it is reinstated soon!

But seriously, as an airline pilot myself (in addition to frequent DL leisure traveler) THANK YOU for continuing to fly. Every ticket booked gives hope to being able to save a job.
Old Aug 15, 2020, 7:07 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond 3MM, AMEX Delta Reserve, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
I wonder how she will feel when she finds out that she’s not getting that Hartmann bag?!

kthomas likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2020, 10:36 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Is this the Samantha Brown that used to do the Travel TV series on hotels?

However, 22 years to 1MM is less than 50,000 MQMs per year, which seems surprisingly light for such a job.
kthomas likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2020, 8:35 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond 3MM, AMEX Delta Reserve, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Yep, It’s her... I thought the same thing. Who knows?
Old Aug 16, 2020, 11:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
I hit 1 mm on an AZ flight across the pond, so no fireworks or FA's jumping out of a cake. I got the old Hartmann rollerboard, elthough it's a pound or two heavier than I'd like it's been a very solid reliable piece. I frequently get comments and thank you's from front line personnel- especially gate agents and phone agents. And it seems like it gives me a little boost over other PM's on the domestic upgrade list, I have very good luck there.

Although this past week was the shortest upgrade list I've ever seen, I was #one of three for first ORD-SLC (got upgraded after the doors closed) and #one of two SLC-SFO (upgraded at the gate). As of a couple hours before departure there were zero on either upgrade list from coach to comfort, and comfort had empty seats (even accounting for the blocked middles). So it seemed like there were hardly any medallions flying mid week.
kthomas and MSPeconomist like this.
Old Aug 17, 2020, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by Gargoyle
I hit 1 mm on an AZ flight across the pond, so no fireworks or FA's jumping out of a cake. I got the old Hartmann rollerboard, elthough it's a pound or two heavier than I'd like it's been a very solid reliable piece. I frequently get comments and thank you's from front line personnel- especially gate agents and phone agents. And it seems like it gives me a little boost over other PM's on the domestic upgrade list, I have very good luck there.

Although this past week was the shortest upgrade list I've ever seen, I was #one of three for first ORD-SLC (got upgraded after the doors closed) and #one of two SLC-SFO (upgraded at the gate). As of a couple hours before departure there were zero on either upgrade list from coach to comfort, and comfort had empty seats (even accounting for the blocked middles). So it seemed like there were hardly any medallions flying mid week.
Welcome back. It's been a while since I've seen you around here and I've been wondering how you're doing.

It's nice that GAs and FAs were bothering to upgrade people on your flights.
kthomas likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2020, 8:32 pm

Programs: DL Plat, 1 MM; SPG LT Plat (RIP); Marriott LT Titanium; Fairmont Plat (RIP), DL Kryptonium Medallion
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Is this the Samantha Brown that used to do the Travel TV series on hotels?

However, 22 years to 1MM is less than 50,000 MQMs per year, which seems surprisingly light for such a job.
Does she specifically say that she is in a monogamous relationship with Delta?
If so, totally agree. If not, maybe she travels on other airlines.
kthomas likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2020, 11:12 pm

I don't think she's monogamous, but to be good, one must [fly] often. As a media star (aka social influencer) and based on the hotels she covered, I would assume that business/first class is in her contract. Also, I would expect her to do more than one hotel/destination per month (probably one week?) and they're mostly international, but even one flight per month in discount J would be maybe 15,000 status miles per month total on average or 180,000 status mies per year to be split between three alliances and some more independent and relatively minor airlines. That should give GM or equivalent status on all three alliances if planned well. However, her cable channel or production company probably has (should have) a corporate contract, so if she rides DL regularly, she might be *almost* monogamous.
Old Aug 20, 2020, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by wlau
Wait... MM program is cancelled/suspended?
​​​​​​​
Originally Posted by LoganFlyer
No only the gift is suspended not the program itself.
kthomas likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2020, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by mrboom
Email congratulations from Delta came this morning. New bag tags should be sent in a few weeks. Gift selection will be available TBD.
That's wonderful!! Hope you get it soon. Congratulations! Hope you can fly again.
Old Aug 21, 2020, 6:48 pm

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, H.com Gold^3, lowly something on others...
I wonder where are people flying to. I went from practically living in DL planes to no flight at all... All my business customers and partners are in work-from-home, which makes it pointless to travel. I usually travel overseas as well but every country as either a ban or 2-week quarantine.

I literally don't know people still fly... Is it all leisure travel?
rubey419 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.