Wiki Posts
Search

Service KOA-LAX 5-30-20

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2020, 12:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mileage Plus Global Services 2MM
Service KOA-LAX 5-30-20

Hi folks, new to the Delta experience so please forgive the newbie question. It looks like DL is running a NS KOA-LAX on 5-30-20. I really would love that flight rather than connect thru HNL. Is this a new flight? I can't seem to find any history on it. Where might I find that? And the 64K question; what are the chances this flight actually operates vs. gets canceled? Thanks in advance!
Old May 19, 2020, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You can find history here -- https://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL1298/history/80
You can create a free account and get 3 months of flight history per flight. It's not a new flight. It was operating as daily up until Apr 1 and then the schedule was reduced to 4x weekly. It has been operating as scheduled since that time with no cancellations, so I would expect that to continue. The May schedule is fixed at this point (and June is probably mostly done).
Old May 19, 2020, 12:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by xliioper
You can find history here -- https://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL1298/history/80
You can create a free account and get 3 months of flight history per flight. It's not a new flight. It was operating as daily up until Apr 1 and then the schedule was reduced to 4x weekly. It has been operating as scheduled since that time with no cancellations, so I would expect that to continue. The May schedule is fixed at this point (and June is probably mostly done).
Thank you for the great information. I was wondering if it was a reduction of prior service. UA has completely left all island services except 1 flight daily HNL-SFO. I was hoping DL was still planning on servicing KOA. Thanks again!
Old May 21, 2020, 4:15 pm
Original Poster

Again, thanks for the assistance. One follow up. According to Seat Guru, DL is using a 757-200(75S) for the KOA-LAX non-stop on May 30, 2020. I know Seat Guru is very unreliable. The seat on the DL seat is a standard recliner in FC, on SG it shows as a lie flat; so quite a difference. Any way to tell which is true? Thanks.
Old May 21, 2020, 4:48 pm
formerly wchinchen

Programs: AA CK, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by bluedemon211
Again, thanks for the assistance. One follow up. According to Seat Guru, DL is using a 757-200(75S) for the KOA-LAX non-stop on May 30, 2020. I know Seat Guru is very unreliable. The seat on the DL seat is a standard recliner in FC, on SG it shows as a lie flat; so quite a difference. Any way to tell which is true? Thanks.
The 757 for Hawaii flights will have the standard recliners. If you do a booking on Delta without purchasing, and hit select seats, they'll show you the image of the domestic FC for KOA-LAX. Have a safe flight!
Old May 21, 2020, 10:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wchinchen
The 757 for Hawaii flights will have the standard recliners. If you do a booking on Delta without purchasing, and hit select seats, they'll show you the image of the domestic FC for KOA-LAX. Have a safe flight!
Thanks for the quick answer! Chalk up yet another one up in the "Seat Guru is wrong" category.
Old May 22, 2020, 1:45 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
Flew this flight in late February. The 757 is pretty tired. But, far better than flying via HNL!
Old May 22, 2020, 4:53 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

The approach by air in to Kona is so beautiful. Enjoy your time on the Big Island
Old May 22, 2020, 10:17 pm

Location: Any of the Following PDX SFO IAH YUL HPN CDG SYD WLG AKL
Programs: AA GLD 1MM, DL DM, UA 1K Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador , Hyatt Platinum
Don’t forget about the 14 day quarantine that’s actively being enforced.
Old May 22, 2020, 11:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by obscure2k
The approach by air in to Kona is so beautiful. Enjoy your time on the Big Island
Originally Posted by kiwicanuck
Don’t forget about the 14 day quarantine that’s actively being enforced.
​​while I agree with you about the approach, OP is going KOA-LAX ...
Old May 23, 2020, 11:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
My quick answer to the FC recliner versus flat beds is to look at how many premium cabin seats there are on your 757 seat map. Something like 14-16 means flat beds (four rows max) while 20 or more (at least five rows) means regular domestic FC seats.
Revelate likes this.
Old May 23, 2020, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
the existence of the C+ mini-cabin ahead of the 2L door is another giveaway for the standard domestic 757
Old May 23, 2020, 4:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by noah
Flew this flight in late February. The 757 is pretty tired. But, far better than flying via HNL!
Totally agree!
Old May 23, 2020, 4:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
My quick answer to the FC recliner versus flat beds is to look at how many premium cabin seats there are on your 757 seat map. Something like 14-16 means flat beds (four rows max) while 20 or more (at least five rows) means regular domestic FC seats.
Thanks to you and jrl767 for the insight. Bottom line is a recliner in FC with a guaranteed seat next to it, beats the heck out of connecting in HNL onto a full 28 seat FC cabin (despite lie flat) on UA.......especially when you factor in leaving KOA an hour earlier and land 5 hours later on UA. Thanks again.
MSPeconomist likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.