Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Request to Reset Password; Account Updated

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Request to Reset Password; Account Updated

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2020, 6:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by sethb
That doesn't have the headers I'd need to see, but the fact that it passed SPF, DKIM, and DMARC makes it very unlikely to be forged.
Thanks. When I looked at the other data, I did not know how to identify my personal data.
Old Sep 26, 2020, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

I am not sure if this is simply the next chapter related to my original thread, but this morning when logging in to DL.com, Norton Password Manager (which was only recently activated) warned me that my password had been compromised. I tried several new passwords, but they were all rejected. The DL page just tells me there is an error and highlights all the password requirements which I met.
I will come back to this tomorrow to see what happens unless someone has some insight on the latest episode.
Old Sep 26, 2020, 2:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Are your passwords working on other accounts that use Norton Password Manager?

I'd suggest calling DL ASAP to check that there hasn't been unauthorized activity on your DL FF account. Check also that your email address on the account hasn't been changed. It would be good if you could somehow lockdown the account in the meantime, but I suspect that's not possible, especially over the weekend.
Old Sep 26, 2020, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Are your passwords working on other accounts that use Norton Password Manager?

I'd suggest calling DL ASAP to check that there hasn't been unauthorized activity on your DL FF account. Check also that your email address on the account hasn't been changed. It would be good if you could somehow lockdown the account in the meantime, but I suspect that's not possible, especially over the weekend.
no problem with other accounts
dl account looks normal
I tried two browsers to change password and am hoping there is an IT issue that can be resolved.
Old Sep 26, 2020, 3:59 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Password managers are unlikely to have visibility into specific accounts to know that you've been hacked on one site in particular. A message like that generally means that Norton has checked your password against a list of passwords known to have been leaked/stolen through security breaches etc. -- it might not specifically have been at DL if you use the same pw at different sites -- but you'd be well advised to change that password anyway (if DL weren't having IT issues)
Old Sep 26, 2020, 4:09 pm
Original Poster

I talked to a DL agent who did not see any unusual activity with my account. She sent a 'reset my password' email and that worked. It would appear that dl.com had an IT issue that compounded my attempt to respond to the warning.
Old Sep 26, 2020, 4:30 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Xeno
I talked to a DL agent who did not see any unusual activity with my account.
still good to know for peace of mind. Glad they were able to set you up with a pw reset too!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.