Movies playing on domestic flights

Old Sep 26, 20, 8:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP; CO OnePass; Hilton Platinum
Movies playing on domestic flights

I noticed on the website it is still showing the April lineup for movies and shows on domestic flights. I havenít flown Delta in a few months, have they really not updated their selection since April?
Old Sep 26, 20, 8:56 am

Programs: DL PM
Boarding/deplaning music has also not changed since April. It's getting quite repetitive.
Old Sep 26, 20, 9:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DLASflyer View Post
Boarding/deplaning music has also not changed since April. It's getting quite repetitive.
Ugh!! Thatís what I was afraid of. Thanks.
Old Sep 26, 20, 1:40 pm

I have watched Hidden Figures 6 times, Casablanca 4 times, Hairspray so much I have memorized it. Coco about 3 times, plus over and over again the same episodes of We Bare Bears and Apple & Onion. I have a strange taste in entertainment I know; but I am REALLY tired of watching the same things again and again. They could at least update the TV section with some different episodes of Friends, or other sitcoms, or add some reality TV programs; plus they must have a ton of movies in their library they could add. I have emailed Delta, tweeted them about this. No response. I know it is of such minor concern, and safety comes first...I get it, but it seems like such a simple switch to make customers that have had to fly a ton during this pandemic happy. The middle seat is nice and all, but give me a Diet Coke and a new TV show to watch while flying and I would be such a happy flier
Old Sep 26, 20, 4:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by xiphoid76 View Post
I have watched Hidden Figures 6 times, Casablanca 4 times, Hairspray so much I have memorized it. Coco about 3 times, plus over and over again the same episodes of We Bare Bears and Apple & Onion. I have a strange taste in entertainment I know; but I am REALLY tired of watching the same things again and again. They could at least update the TV section with some different episodes of Friends, or other sitcoms, or add some reality TV programs; plus they must have a ton of movies in their library they could add. I have emailed Delta, tweeted them about this. No response. I know it is of such minor concern, and safety comes first...I get it, but it seems like such a simple switch to make customers that have had to fly a ton during this pandemic happy. The middle seat is nice and all, but give me a Diet Coke and a new TV show to watch while flying and I would be such a happy flier
Oh man, that sucks. They are obviously trying to save money by not paying for new movies, but if theyíre paying for the current batch they might as well rotate it. I have no idea how it works or how they pay for having a library.
Iím glad I asked. This is my first flight since the pandemic hit and itís not long, just going from Alaska to Virginia so itís only about 10 hour of flying. Red eye to Seattle so Iíll be sleeping. I think I can find something to read or watch for the rest of time :-)

worst part for me is not having a cold soda or ice water available. I hate warm water and a warm soda is worse. And I hate carrying food but it looks like Iím going to need to at least have some snacks. My 2 layovers (Seattle and Detroit) are both barely an hour. Hopefully Iíll be able to at least grab a sandwich at a Starbucks or someplace.
Old Sep 26, 20, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by ilee1990 View Post
This is my first flight since the pandemic hit and itís not long, just going from Alaska to Virginia so itís only about 10 hour of flying.
Hah! What routes do you normally fly if AK to VA isn't long?

worst part for me is not having a cold soda or ice water available. I hate warm water and a warm soda is worse. And I hate carrying food but it looks like Iím going to need to at least have some snacks. My 2 layovers (Seattle and Detroit) are both barely an hour. Hopefully Iíll be able to at least grab a sandwich at a Starbucks or someplace.
Well, you don't have to worry about warm soda because they won't be giving you soda at all. Only offers will be warm water, cold beer, or cold red/white wine. I strongly recommend bringing your own food, though you'll probably have to re-stock at each airport assuming anything is actually open when you're there. May be a roll of the dice depending on the time of day.
Old Sep 26, 20, 7:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cmd320 View Post
Hah! What routes do you normally fly if AK to VA isn't long?

Well, you don't have to worry about warm soda because they won't be giving you soda at all. Only offers will be warm water, cold beer, or cold red/white wine. I strongly recommend bringing your own food, though you'll probably have to re-stock at each airport assuming anything is actually open when you're there. May be a roll of the dice depending on the time of day.
Oh, Iím used to flights to Europe where it takes us 2 days or more depending on the itinerary.

Iíll pack a sandwich just in case. I can always grab a cold water bottle in Seattle and Detroit. I may be day drinking on the longer flight just to get something cold :-)
cmd320 likes this.
Old Sep 26, 20, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh, Iím used to flights to Europe where it takes us 2 days or more depending on the itinerary.

Iíll pack a sandwich just in case. I can always grab a cold water bottle in Seattle and Detroit. I may be day drinking on the longer flight just to get something cold :-)
Makes sense, wish you a pleasant trip!
Old Sep 27, 20, 12:12 am

Programs: DL DM, MM; Marriott Plat
On my RJ trips this month there were only 2 movies and no other options. I had no interest in either movie so I did a lot of reading.
Old Sep 27, 20, 3:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Paplover View Post
On my RJ trips this month there were only 2 movies and no other options. I had no interest in either movie so I did a lot of reading.
Which RJs have movies at all?
Old Sep 27, 20, 8:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by cmd320 View Post
Which RJs have movies at all?
Shouldn't DL studio work on any aircraft with wifi? There's no screen in the seat, but you can still watch movies on your own device. OTOH, this can be a problem if it's a long flight and there's no power outlet that works.
Old Sep 27, 20, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Shouldn't DL studio work on any aircraft with wifi? There's no screen in the seat, but you can still watch movies on your own device. OTOH, this can be a problem if it's a long flight and there's no power outlet that works.
Ahh, I didn't really think of that. I've honestly never used it.
Old Sep 27, 20, 10:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I prefer the seatback screen, especially if I'm trying to do work or if there's a meal service, but I can position my phone to watch the movie without it taking much space on the tray table. OTOH, if someone is crawling in/out of the seat, it's convenient to have headphones without wires.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Sep 27, 20 at 6:33 pm Reason: correcting autocorrect, seatback not setback
Old Sep 27, 20, 11:01 am

Programs: SPG LT Gold, DL DM360 1MM
From the flights I've taken the same applies to the international movies... I always take my ipad with predownloaded shows to watch now.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: