Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thanks Delta!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2020, 7:48 am

Programs: Delta DM/2MM, Flying Blue Gold, Hertz Platinum
I agree wholeheartedly with all of this. I've gone on expertflyer and looked at a bunch of random flights... for tomorrow, for next month... and everything is wide, wide open.

It makes me so sad to think of the toll this will take on the professionals who keep us safe every day. This is a really great company with really great people.... so many people... whose future is suddenly is uncertain as ever.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 8:06 am

Programs: DL DM MM
Ditto. I probably won't make DM this year with all my cancelled travel but I'll be sticking with Delta for all my future travel. Hang in there Delta!
Old Mar 15, 2020, 12:09 pm

I need to get a credit voucher for slightly over $5,000 for a cancelled trip this month. I am happy to take the credit and let Delta keep the cash. I'm sure they need it and I know we'll be taking our trip at another time.
I just wish I could get thru on the phone or online to tell them I'm cool with the credit. Its been impossible up to this point.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by Moyerclan
I need to get a credit voucher for slightly over $5,000 for a cancelled trip this month. I am happy to take the credit and let Delta keep the cash. I'm sure they need it and I know we'll be taking our trip at another time.
I just wish I could get thru on the phone or online to tell them I'm cool with the credit. Its been impossible up to this point.
Call DL in Singapore.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 10:08 pm

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by orlandodlplat
I agree wholeheartedly with all of this. I've gone on expertflyer and looked at a bunch of random flights... for tomorrow, for next month... and everything is wide, wide open.

It makes me so sad to think of the toll this will take on the professionals who keep us safe every day. This is a really great company with really great people.... so many people... whose future is suddenly is uncertain as ever.
So well put.

Can't add much but I don't know if Delta people read these threads.... however in the off chance they do. I would echo the positive posts here and appreciate the wonderful service Delta employees have and continue to provide. I know they are doing their best in a situation that many of us won't fully understand.
passmf and WidgetsOfTheSkies like this.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by defrosted
So well put.

Can't add much but I don't know if Delta people read these threads.... however in the off chance they do. I would echo the positive posts here and appreciate the wonderful service Delta employees have and continue to provide. I know they are doing their best in a situation that many of us won't fully understand.
Some of us do read this, and do share these uplifting comments with our teams to help keep them motivated.

Thanks for everyone's kind words, encouragement, and support in this confusing and challenging time. Thank you (in advance) for your support in getting as "back to normal" as possible, as soon as possible once the storm starts to clear. With our customers, and together as a team, we'll get through this.
passmf, FLYPWM, KenTarmac and 2 others like this.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 2:22 pm

Programs: communist, liberal and love Campbell's Cream of Chicken Soup
I gotta say, hats off to Delta for their proactivity and their Agents coolness under duress. I had to cancel 3 itneraries within a few days of making them and it was seamless even down to explaining that the change fee dollar amount did not appear as eCredit but when i call in to rebook, it would be "there". Tough time for Delta but they sure made it easy for me as the consumer. thank you Delta.
Moyerclan likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 10:42 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus
When my cruise unexpectedly ended in Barbados on 3/14 instead of San Maarten on 3/21, I booked alternative flights thru Copa and went online and cancelled my Delta award flight home from San Maarten. The website accepted the cancellation and said the cancellation didn't qualify for a refund, but sure enough, the nominal dollar charge was credited back to my credit card and the miles re-deposited into my no status Delta account. Thank you Delta.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 11:51 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by chix
If you are a Delta SkyMiles general member (not Elite), you can’t talk to a human. The system will hang up on you and you can’t cancel online.

I tried to cancel online and it said no can do, call.

Shame on Delta as other legacy carriers (AA and UA) lets you cancel and refund online with no issues.
Actually, they currently have an automatic cancellation with issuing e-credit if you don't board your flight due to the overloading of calls to their call center. So, as much as you think you got screwed, they automatically credited you when you didn't get on your flight. Shame on what? Give them a break, their business has been destroyed and they are still doing everything they can to work with their customers that are all trying to get their money back at the same time. Their employees are being nothing but thankful to their customers for being customers. Take a step back and look at the big picture here.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 11:56 pm

Programs: DL PM
I had to cancel, re-book, cancel, re-book, change one return flight two weeks ago as my company wavered on having us come home early, then staying, then coming home early, then just cutting all our travel, then back to coming home early. Delta agents very nicely and professionally made these cancellations, changes, re-booking without fees, and made sure I understood how the changes in fares were leaving me with whatever e-credit balance from the changes. They didn't have to do this. They didn't have to do it as well as they did with a smile on their face while their entire business was being obliterated. They've done a hell of a job with the hand they've been dealt and I do appreciate every bit of it.
KenTarmac and speede racer like this.
Old Aug 3, 2021, 8:52 am

Just want to say Thank You Delta for keeping it drama-free and professional, taking good care of my family and me for all our many trips ever since COVID started.

Watching (from afar) the nonstop 24/7 Jerry Springer show that is Spirit and now AA... just... wow.
Monoboy likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2021, 11:08 am

Programs: communist, liberal and love Campbell's Cream of Chicken Soup
Wish I could find the words to add on to this thread's kind thanks. Overall Delta has risen above during challenging times. At times, i've had to put myself in check and remind myself that Delta has extended so many priveleges and that ultimately, it's about Safety and not the frickin number of ice cubes available/not available, the missed upgrade and/or the quality of sustenance offered. Thank you Delta and look forward to next flights with y'all.
bdnyc likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2021, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by spongenotbob
Watching (from afar) the nonstop 24/7 Jerry Springer show that is Spirit and now AA... just... wow.
In fairness, Delta isn't immune to these 'clients' either:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/trave...ew/7667911002/

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/del...it-2021-06-04/
Old Aug 3, 2021, 12:13 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by cmd320
The first story actually involved a DL employee (off duty FA nonetheless).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.