Thanks Delta!

Old Mar 14, 2020, 7:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 1MM
Thanks Delta!

You've taken me and my loved ones safely from the farthest corners of the earth back home (not one of us on the original itinerary!). You've refunded or waived thousands of dollars of my personal travel expenses. And you've done this with the highest degree of professionalism in such stressed times. I can't imagine the behind-the-scenes effort, and shudder to think of the personal (hopefully short term) consequences of the current situation for Delta employees.

I hope others on this forum will express similar appreciation; I look forward to flying again soon!
Old Mar 14, 2020, 8:10 am

Seconded. The waivers and favors have certainly been appreciated and why I stick with DL. I feel like a good friend has been temporarily injured. This too shall pass.
Flyer0889 and MSPeconomist like this.

Last edited by sydneyracquelle; Mar 14, 2020 at 11:49 am
Old Mar 14, 2020, 8:33 am

Programs: Pre✓, Delta DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Mariott Plat, PC Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
These are the reasons that DELTA is consistently rated as one of the finest US carriers.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 8:36 am

Programs: DL Platinum 1MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
Thursday night, I got through in less then 5 minutes and had an amazing agent. She re-ticketed 4 reservations, and although it took awhile she did it with a terrific attitude. At the end of the call I gave her a JWD cert. and I told her how much I appreciated her and Delta throughout all of this. She actually got choked up and I did as well. This will get better.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 9:01 am

We may be saying thanks to long time DL staff who end up encouraged to depart. It will be an interesting next 10 years as staff who were ingrained with the Delta Family culture retire or get retired, leaving employees who were not "raised like that".
MSPeconomist likes this.

Last edited by xooz; Mar 14, 2020 at 1:04 pm
Old Mar 14, 2020, 10:35 am

Programs: Delta Diamond Million Miler. Hilton Diamond
I have experienced only the best from Delta the past two months. It was simple to change my early February ticket to KUL through PVG to a connection through ICN. They cancelled last weeks flight to AMS without any trouble. All of the change fees waved and no cancellation fees. The phone agents were all very helpful.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 10:40 am

Programs: DL Platinum, Marriott Life Plat, HHonors DM
I got through the elite line in 4 minutes to an agent who canceled my itinerary without any questions. I felt guilty doing it and look in disbelief at my trips page with no flights. An unprecedented time, for sure.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by speede racer
I hope others on this forum will express similar appreciation; I look forward to flying again soon!
Agree. I am no big fish for Delta, just a smallish fish (PM/1MM), but they have shown exceptional kindness and generosity to me plenty of times over the years.

I would be flying right now but employer has basically banned all travel. Im putting as much personal travel as I can on Delta this summer.

Hoping this blows over sooner rather than later. Good luck Delta peeps!
Old Mar 14, 2020, 1:16 pm

Programs: UA PM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Gold
I was a Continental then United Eltie Frequent Flyer for years. 1999-2017. Then I started a new job that required connections and tried Delta once and never looked back. They are fantastic in so many ways. Not everything is perfect, but they are by far the best Domestic airline. Our daughter is in college (a second year) and I have been able to gift her Silver to get back and forth. They have been great to her also. Some surprise upgrades here and there but even when not upgraded she loves their service. Thanks, Delta!
Old Mar 14, 2020, 1:18 pm

Programs: DL 2MM/DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Titanium
All of my interactions with Delta staff for years, either at check-in, gate, SkyClub, on-board and phone agents, has always ended with Thank you for everything you do. 😊 Its the good old southern hospitality😊
Old Mar 14, 2020, 2:51 pm

Programs: Blinged Out
Agree 100% Talked to three agents over the last few days regarding very close-in Europe travel. They picked up quickly and were all extremely professional despite the workload. In fact, one of my friends overheard me on the phone with a Delta agent and told me that he only flies Delta when he flies due to their professionalism And goodwill regarding an event that happened years ago and Delta came through. I hope when this passes, the market rewards them.
gretchendz likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 9:14 pm

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
If you are a Delta SkyMiles general member (not Elite), you can’t talk to a human. The system will hang up on you and you can’t cancel online.

I tried to cancel online and it said no can do, call.

Shame on Delta as other legacy carriers (AA and UA) lets you cancel and refund online with no issues.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 12:39 am

Programs: Delta PM, AA PlatPro
Originally Posted by chix
If you are a Delta SkyMiles general member (not Elite), you cant talk to a human. The system will hang up on you and you cant cancel online.

I tried to cancel online and it said no can do, call.

Shame on Delta as other legacy carriers (AA and UA) lets you cancel and refund online with no issues.

a) wrong thread

b) why would you fly and not be a member of an airline program? Its free.

Id echo what everyone else on this thread said. Delta is amazing.
James91 and KenTarmac like this.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 4:42 am

Programs: Pre✓, Delta DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Mariott Plat, PC Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
Barring a cancellation of all flights, I'll be flying DELTA several times in the coming weeks as my company has deemed "Our business supports critical electrical infrastructure within the United States." and the work must go on. I'm curious if anyone else here is still flying?

I'll be sure to post some pictures and a travel blog of my flight/airport experiences. I saw that last night the DoD announced that effective Monday
the Pentagon is imposing new travel restrictions on employees "service members, Department of Defense civilians and their families assigned to Defense installations, facilities."

"All domestic travel will be stopped as of next week. This includes domestic travel, permanent change of station and temporary duty. Civilian hiring at Department of Defense installations will also be halted."

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...demic-n1158781

I'm now officially a member of the

Old Mar 15, 2020, 7:27 am

I have to agree with OP. Im so grateful for Deltas generous policy and ease of cancelling reservations. Colleagues with other airlines had a much more difficult time changing and having to wait to cancel flights until policies changed. Delta made it easy, early on, and I greatly appreciate it. Hats off to Delta- you have my continued loyalty.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.