Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Extensive Hold Times during COVID-19 (consolidated thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2021, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TheLifeOfA_NKCM
Singapore Reservations Line often can be reached with little to no hold time.
+65-6336-3371

Suggestion to use Skype or Google Voice - both offer rates of 1 cent per minute.

Direct line for SINRES stopped working around November 2021.

For travel within 48 hours, see: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/2063929-faster-delta-call-back-number-1-855-548-2505-within-48-hours-departure.html

1 (800) 835-9154 is a number that has worked for many members. It is unknown what specifically this line is used for.

This number also stopped working around March 24, 2022.
Print Wikipost

Delta Extensive Hold Times during COVID-19 (consolidated thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2020, 10:33 pm

Programs: DL DM 3MM 360
I can't cancel any flight, miles or $, using the android app. When I click cancel it opens up a page that says error too many redirects. Happens every time even before covid. How hard is it to make an app? Never have an issue with the ua or as app, or even the af or kl app!

As a result I have to call in and wait hours for a return call.

Old Jul 7, 2020, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by p100a
I can't cancel any flight, miles or $, using the android app. When I click cancel it opens up a page that says error too many redirects. Happens every time even before covid. How hard is it to make an app? Never have an issue with the ua or as app, or even the af or kl app!

As a result I have to call in and wait hours for a return call.

You can text them. I got through to an agent Saturday morning about about 4 hours from my original text asking for a representative. I also saw a couple months ago.. if you call the Singapore international reservation line or similar you get through almost instantly, I don't know if that's still the case. You would want to use Google voice to make that call as it'll be insanely expensive through regular carriers like Verizon

Edit. The text number is 33582 I did wait 7 hours for a response one day and about every two hours you have to reconfirm you need help lol. Still not much work if you do it early in the morning you get through pretty quick. They open at 6am est
Old Jul 8, 2020, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by parrotheadmjb
You can text them. I got through to an agent Saturday morning about about 4 hours from my original text asking for a representative. I also saw a couple months ago.. if you call the Singapore international reservation line or similar you get through almost instantly, I don't know if that's still the case. You would want to use Google voice to make that call as it'll be insanely expensive through regular carriers like Verizon

Edit. The text number is 33582 I did wait 7 hours for a response one day and about every two hours you have to reconfirm you need help lol. Still not much work if you do it early in the morning you get through pretty quick. They open at 6am est
Called Singapore yesterday. Got right through. Consistently impressive staff. Highly professional and competent.
Old Jul 15, 2020, 8:47 pm

Had to call a couple of times over the past week. Hold time was under 3 minutes both times, excellent service from the Res Agents. Called the US phone number.

Seems this problem is fixed.
Old Jul 15, 2020, 9:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by spongenotbob
Had to call a couple of times over the past week. Hold time was under 3 minutes both times, excellent service from the Res Agents. Called the US phone number.

Seems this problem is fixed.
4 months.....wow
Old Jul 30, 2020, 12:32 pm
Suspended

Called in to change a flight and was connected to an agent within a minute. Call was handled professionally and quick. Good to see this improvement to the call center handling.
Old Jul 30, 2020, 6:59 pm

Programs: Globalist, Marriott Plat, various sundry
So the one time I book a flight on DL through Chase UR for my wife and me, the flight got cancelled. I got rebooked into a pair of middle seats multiple rows apart (MSP-LAX). I know there’s a flight available for MSP-SNA; given that DL cancelled the flight, would it be possible to get moved to MSP-SNA (assuming seats available)? I do not have DL status.
Old Jul 30, 2020, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by gmax58
So the one time I book a flight on DL through Chase UR for my wife and me, the flight got cancelled. I got rebooked into a pair of middle seats multiple rows apart (MSP-LAX). I know there’s a flight available for MSP-SNA; given that DL cancelled the flight, would it be possible to get moved to MSP-SNA (assuming seats available)? I do not have DL status.
DL is usually very flexible with passenger requests due to THEIR schedule changes...especially these days. Decide what you want first and then call in and ask. Status might help a tiny bit but even passengers with no status are treated with flexibility due to DL schedule changes.
Old Jul 30, 2020, 9:20 pm

Programs: Globalist, Marriott Plat, various sundry
Tried exactly that. 6-8 minutes for a callback, asked for MSP-SNA and got it. Only issue was no C+ available, so got put in Main Cabin. Figure I might ask at MSP if they have it available (since I have proof that I originally purchased C+) but won’t sweat it much if I don’t get it. Main cabin with empty middle is much better than 2 middles 4 rows apart.
Old Jul 31, 2020, 8:44 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, AA EXP, DL PM, AS 100k (fake), B6 M3 (fake), BA Gold (fake), UA FO.
Anyone else getting immediate crashes upon opening the app over the past ~24 hours?
Old Jul 31, 2020, 12:04 pm

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by LowValueCustomer
Anyone else getting immediate crashes upon opening the app over the past ~24 hours?
See the last few posts of this thread.

Delta App 5.X - Opinions & Feedback
Old Aug 27, 2020, 9:09 am

Programs: DL DM
Glad to see hold times are back down. Called to the Silver line today and had zero wait time with a very delightful representative. Was glad for such short hold time, especially after the October schedule changes loaded this weekend.
CMK10 likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2020, 12:40 am

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
I've tried calling twice this week, and the hold times are ridiculously long. I waited 40 minutes a few days ago before hanging up, and decided to call late today (10pm PST) hoping it would be better, but I'm on hold for 1 hour and counting. I called the general American line a few weeks ago and got through to an agent in less than 5 minutes.
Old Nov 11, 2020, 8:31 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by zeer0
I've tried calling twice this week, and the hold times are ridiculously long. I waited 40 minutes a few days ago before hanging up, and decided to call late today (10pm PST) hoping it would be better, but I'm on hold for 1 hour and counting. I called the general American line a few weeks ago and got through to an agent in less than 5 minutes.
There were a few schedule changes pushed out this past weekend, so I wonder if they have had a large volume of calls the past two days. I wonder if things will improve as the week goes on. I called to the GM line and also used messenger late last week and had very brief wait times.

Did you try the "have us call you back" option?
Old Nov 11, 2020, 9:24 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by tardyturtle
Did you try the "have us call you back" option?
I called last night around 11pm PST and was quoted 6 minutes and decided to just wait on hold. Had I known it was actually going to be 45 minutes, I would have opted for the callback, but it was easy enough to put the phone on speaker while waiting.

BTW I randomly discovered a while back that even if you choose the callback option, you can call back in yourself and it will recognize that you were already "in line" and cancel the callback (but you still keep the same place in line). Not sure that would be ever be useful, but...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.