Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex Travel and Delta Waiver

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2020, 5:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
Amex Travel and Delta Waiver

I have an international flight this week and want to take advantage of the international corona virus waiver for plane tickets booked pre-March 1, 2020... Diamond desk says I have to call Amex, that they can't cancel it or change it... Amex has such a long wait that I spent over an hour on hold before giving up. Was I misinformed by the Diamond desk? Also, I assume the waiver applies to tickets booked through Amex Travel too?
Old Mar 7, 2020, 7:16 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP
Originally Posted by Tedgrrrr
I have an international flight this week and want to take advantage of the international corona virus waiver for plane tickets booked pre-March 1, 2020... Diamond desk says I have to call Amex, that they can't cancel it or change it... Amex has such a long wait that I spent over an hour on hold before giving up. Was I misinformed by the Diamond desk? Also, I assume the waiver applies to tickets booked through Amex Travel too?
That doesn't sound right, did you HUCA? You may have missed it, there's a lot of discussion at the COVID-19 operational thread:
DL Corona Virus-COVID-19 / Operational Impact
Old Mar 8, 2020, 12:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
This is correct. If DL touches it, then AMEX loses the ability to do anything in the future to the ticket. DL will takeover the ticket if you really wish, but that involves a $50 takeover fee. If this is ticketed through work, make sure they're ok with that as once it's done it can't be undone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.