Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge access clarification

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2020, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

Lounge access clarification

Hi, just looking for clarification.

If on a business ticket do you still get access / no access to the lounge. Forgive my ignorance but I thought all business class tickets afford you access to the lounge..... any airlines that I have flown?
I purchased an upgrade to business class from MSP to YWG( I know super short ). I went up to the desk and she said I either need the credit card or a member? no biggie for this layover but just surprised me.
So, I’m looking at going to Colombia on delta business - I would have no access to the Delta lounge?
Old Mar 7, 2020, 5:15 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta PM
Domestic business class does not include SkyClub access. I believe there was a mega-thread on this, but I can't locate it easily right now. International business class does include SkyClub or partner lounge access.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Delta doesn't really have a "business class". Delta One gets lounge access and is Delta's version of business class and is flown on long haul international and some domestic transcon routes. Delta "First Class" which is flown domestically, and to Canada, Mexico, Central America, the Caribbean and parts of Northern South America does not get lounge access. ATL-BOG has Delta One service and thus you will get lounge access with that flight. This route just recently switched from First Class to Delta One -- https://news.delta.com/delta-introdu...ice-year-round

If you book on delta.com, it will tell you whether your flight is First Class or Delta One. Third party booking sites might not distinguish the two.
ryw likes this.

Last edited by xliioper; Mar 7, 2020 at 6:13 pm
Old Mar 7, 2020, 6:08 pm
Original Poster

Ok. Thank You...…...so in a nutshell a Business Class ticket from MSP to YWG does not qualify. Is it fair to say then that if you are purchasing a ticket that says Delta One you will have access, period. I believe the flights I am looking at for Colombia are on Delta One. Well, I should say the transfer in Atlanta to Bogota is on Delta One but I will assume the flight from YWG > MSP and MSP > ATL are only business. I will double check. It's the layover coming back in ATL or MSP that I would have liked but it looks as though that will not be the case.

Thanks again.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 6:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
The rules are incredibly simple and published on DL's website. For access based on DL travel and class of service:

When traveling on Delta:
o Customers traveling on a domestic Delta One flight
o Customers traveling in Delta One on an international Delta flight or on a domestic flight connecting to/from a same-day international Delta One flight.

That's it. No need to summarize, interpret, or check anything else.

OP is not in D1 so he does not get access.
MikeNYC1 and WillBarrett_68 like this.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 6:26 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
Originally Posted by Bravada04
Ok. Thank You...…...so in a nutshell a Business Class ticket from MSP to YWG does not qualify. Is it fair to say then that if you are purchasing a ticket that says Delta One you will have access, period. I believe the flights I am looking at for Colombia are on Delta One. Well, I should say the transfer in Atlanta to Bogota is on Delta One but I will assume the flight from YWG > MSP and MSP > ATL are only business. I will double check. It's the layover coming back in ATL or MSP that I would have liked but it looks as though that will not be the case.

Thanks again.

ATL-BOG is D1 now. If it's on the same itinerary, you will have lounge access at all connecting airports as well.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 10:18 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
On AA Platinum and higher flying intl (even in Y) get access to Flagship Lounges but NOT Admirals Clubs. When DL opens FC lounges I wonder what the rules will be? And
Old Mar 8, 2020, 12:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by nrr
On AA Platinum and higher flying intl (even in Y) get access to Flagship Lounges but NOT Admirals Clubs. When DL opens FC lounges I wonder what the rules will be? And
??? If they get access to FL lounge they also can get into Admirals Club (AC) lounges. AA Plats and higher only get access when traveling international or domestic on JFK-LAX/SFO. However its doesnt matter if it's a FL or AC. Oneworld partner elites that are Sapphire or Emerald get access to FL or AC regardless of international/ domestic.

Basically AC is the business lounge if there's no FL at that location. (There's very few FL)
Old Mar 8, 2020, 1:53 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by flyerCO
??? If they get access to FL lounge they also can get into Admirals Club (AC) lounges. AA Plats and higher only get access when traveling international or domestic on JFK-LAX/SFO. However its doesnt matter if it's a FL or AC. Oneworld partner elites that are Sapphire or Emerald get access to FL or AC regardless of international/ domestic.

Basically AC is the business lounge if there's no FL at that location. (There's very few FL)
In JFK after checking in there are two forks in the road, one for AC the other FL;
Old Mar 8, 2020, 4:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by nrr
In JFK after checking in there are two forks in the road, one for AC the other FL;
Correct. However if you have access to the FL, you still can go onto the AC instead. Having access to THE FL doesn't mean you can't enter the AC. If you have FL access, you have AC access.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nrr
At this point, DL has made no indications they are going to open any Flagship style lounges. DL Gold and higher (Skyteam Elite Plus) get access to DL Sky Clubs when flying intl (except Caribbean) even in Y, so situation is somewhat similar on DL.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 7:17 am
Suspended

Sort of OT. DL does not have a premium lounge like AA (Flagship) or UA (Polaris), or anything approaching AA's Flagship First Dining. Bottom line is that the DL rules are very clear and it is simple to figure out whether one has access based on membership, class of service, or status.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 8:09 am

Programs: Dividend Miles, WorldPerks
Originally Posted by Often1
Sort of OT. DL does not have a premium lounge like AA (Flagship) or UA (Polaris), or anything approaching AA's Flagship First Dining. Bottom line is that the DL rules are very clear and it is simple to figure out whether one has access based on membership, class of service, or status.
Is it very clear? Similar to the OP, but not the same since they don't seem to have status, we still have no consensus on whether a SkyTeam+ member has access when traveling to/from Canada.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 8:57 am
Suspended

It is not about consensus, it is about the published rules.

SkyTeam+ (not DL flight) have SC access in F/J to/from Canada (among other locations).

There is no provision providing access for SkyTeam+ on a DL-operated F/J flight to/from Canada.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 8:59 am

Programs: DL 2 MM
Originally Posted by pgh234
Is it very clear? Similar to the OP, but not the same since they don't seem to have status, we still have no consensus on whether a SkyTeam+ member has access when traveling to/from Canada.
I have a co-worker who is DL Gold (so SkyTeam+) and at least in MSP he gets in to the SkyClubs on flights to Canada. Most recently this February.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.