Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ATL B Sky Club - Worst club at a hub?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2020, 6:58 am

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
My most recent experience with the B club seems to match the general consensus here.

Soda machine broken.
Espresso machine broken.
Massive lines for food that wasn't stocked, compounding the line length problem.
Line in the overcrowded bathroom.
Few vacant seats.
Nobody (employees or customers) clearing dishes.

All that being said this was the first time I was actually disappointed in this club. It isn't my favorite club but usually it isn't that bad, I figured I just hit a busy time.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 7:15 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by defrosted
My most recent experience with the B club seems to match the general consensus here.

Soda machine broken.
Espresso machine broken.
Massive lines for food that wasn't stocked, compounding the line length problem.
Line in the overcrowded bathroom.
Few vacant seats.
Nobody (employees or customers) clearing dishes.

All that being said this was the first time I was actually disappointed in this club. It isn't my favorite club but usually it isn't that bad, I figured I just hit a busy time.
Its been that bad for the past few months. The soda machine has been broken since my visit in mid January and is just way too overcrowded. While I was there, the staff re-stocked the food and less than 10 mins later, it was almost all gone.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 7:18 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
Its been that bad for the past few months. The soda machine has been broken since my visit in mid January and is just way too overcrowded. While I was there, the staff re-stocked the food and less than 10 mins later, it was almost all gone.
This is what happens when a space is built to look good in marketing photos, with no thought to the actual functionality.
droopydog and pbiflyer like this.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by KDCAflyer
This is what happens when a space is built to look good in marketing photos, with no thought to the actual functionality.
The “flagship” marketing definitely has an affect on the crowding. The last few times I went to it, while checking in I have overheard other SC agents telling people departure gates that aren’t in the B Concourses. I don’t think I have visited ATL B SC when not flying out of B since it first opened.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 12:38 pm

Programs: DL DM & 5MM, WN
Delta is doing a poor job managing the large volume of customers at B. With that said, the old mini-club was a disaster as well.

I recently found food waste at the B buffet still all through the supposed stack of clean dishes. I showed it to someone who said she was a manager, but she barely had the respect or attention of the indifferent food service workers. The next day I was flying again — the same issue with the dishes.

As noted below, poor restocking, crowds trying to get a beverage, the little signs saying what the food is, bathrooms, etc.

Also, why can’t Delta get their IT to recognize when the ticket being presented was purchased with the qualifying AMEX and get those people through the entry more quickly?
Old Feb 16, 2020, 3:44 pm

Programs: Delta DM, United Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
The staff at this SC are so kind and always remember me. I hope they read this comment!

Last edited by matchbox20_is; Feb 16, 2020 at 7:52 pm
Old Feb 16, 2020, 5:08 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
The two clubs I liked the best in ATL in 2019 were T and C (I exclude E and F from this post).

I went into the CenterPoint A club two weeks ago at 8 am, and it was packed to the gunwales.

On this same trip Mrs. ND7 and I got to the new AUS club and we loved it. This should be the standard for all new club construction in the future.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Everyone seems to have very positive feelings about T which I really don’t get personally. I always remember it being dark, small, and kinda basic. Not sure if it’s changed more recently.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by cmd320
Everyone seems to have very positive feelings about T which I really don’t get personally. I always remember it being dark, small, and kinda basic. Not sure if it’s changed more recently.
They did a renovation on it a few years ago which brought in new furniture/check in desk and a whole new food buffet area. Probably the best domestic club at ATL since it’s rarely overcrowded due to DL only having 8 gates on T.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Just went through MSP F/G. Bleak. But I still think SLC takes the prize for worst SC in current form.

Give me ATL B over those two any day.

I also think RDU is pretty mediocre but it’s my hometown SC so can’t be too harsh and they are allegedly expanding it further plus the people are nice and since it’s my departure airport I can skip it by arriving close to departure.

SFO is still the best domestically in my view.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 7:50 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Plat, National Executive
Originally Posted by A321neo
my domestic favorites are SFO, HNL, AUS, and PHX.
I love our AUS club. As my home airport, I sometimes get in a little early to take some calls and grab some breakfast and always seem to notice something new I didn't see prior. They really did great with the little details and I always notice they are giving tours (to I assume airport personnel from another city).

They did go a little far with the Austin uber healthy diet thing - whole wheat tortillas and turkey bacon for breakfast tacos, meh. And the powdered scrambled eggs need to go. Not sure what they serve in the afternoon but I'm sure kale is involved
pbiflyer, Duke787 and AANYC1981 like this.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 12:03 am

Programs: Delta DM, United Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Duke787
Just went through MSP F/G. Bleak. But I still think SLC takes the prize for worst SC in current form.
Go through MSP F/G on Sat/Sun and talk to Renee. Hilarious midwestern humor that no one else will understand!
Old Feb 17, 2020, 12:32 am
Suspended

Programs: SkyMiles, Global Entry, Non-Rev
Last time flying out of Concourse B the SkyClub wasn't great, wasn't horrible either. I didn't visit the restrooms but I found the food replenished as quickly as humanly possible and everything was in working order. The issue was the crowds, there was A LOT of people there, I honestly think there were more humans in there then there was in the terminal. Seating was a big issue, found one small area I could place my plate/drink at but everywhere else was taken or taken quickly when someone left. Last time I went through ATL a couple of weeks ago I made my way over to the SkyClub in Concourse F, big difference in crowds.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 5:13 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
This morning at 6:30 AM the men’s room line was probably 20+ people long and literally out the door. That to me does not scream “flagship lounge” to me
defrosted likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 5:14 am

Don’t know why people are citing LAX T3 as so much worse than ATL B. Since they opened the second side, I’ve always been able to find a seat without too much effort. Not pretty, but food and bar are just fine. (You can’t even get any ‘premium’ spirits in LAX T2 for example.)

I have ceased even stopping by ATL B after leaving 90% of the time unable to find a seat. The elevator entrance that surely should have been designed as an escalator given the crowds just adds to the pain.
defrosted likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.