ATL B Sky Club - Worst club at a hub?

Old Feb 3, 20, 5:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: 2.76MM DM, DL Reserve, HH Diamond, Nat Exec Elite, SPG, PC, etc...
ATL B Sky Club - Worst club at a hub?

This club just keeps lowering the bar compared to others for me and I wonder if others feel the same way?

This morning is quite horrible, even for this club.

- serving spoon missing from multiple items. Patrons are using plastic ware to serve themselves. (Yikes)
- the self serve soda machine to the left of the bar is broken. People are having to go to the single bartender for a Coke. Poor bartender looks frazzled.
- one of the men’s room toilets is closed off. There is a 12 person cue for those looking to go #2 after all that first leg coffee.
- there’s maybe 10 empty seats in the whole place yet they keep allowing guests to pile in by the dozens.
- there is one porter cleaning tables in the whole place. Every third table is piled with multiple dishes.

I know some members avoid certain clubs, this is the one for me. I just don’t understand how they let it suck so bad.
Old Feb 3, 20, 6:28 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Delta PM
This club is a disgrace.
Small restrooms, some of the WORST bar service anywhere, and mediocre food. I ALWAYS avoid this club.
If I have time, I go to F and sit on the deck. Otherwise I use my Priority Pass for a minute suite or get a decent bite of food at an actual restaurant.
pbiflyer and beefman003 like this.
Old Feb 3, 20, 6:49 am

LAX T3 is a lot worse. ATL D11 is worse.
Old Feb 3, 20, 6:51 am

Programs: DL GM, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Explorist
I mean, at least it's better than the broom closet that terminal had before. I actually liked the B club when it first opened, but it's gone way downhill. About the only thing it has going for it is the food selection relative to the other clubs from T to D terminals. However, the bowls are frequently empty, and I've also seen several times where they forgot to put out serving utensils so customers were using plasticware to serve themselves.
Old Feb 3, 20, 6:51 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Delta PM
Doesn’t Delta also call this their “flagship” (not to be confused with AA’s Flagship) lounge at ATL? All the more reason it’s so disappointing.
Old Feb 3, 20, 6:55 am

I avoid B at all costs and spend my time now at only E or F.
mattya9 likes this.
Old Feb 3, 20, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Pianoman109876 View Post
Doesn’t Delta also call this their “flagship” (not to be confused with AA’s Flagship) lounge at ATL? All the more reason it’s so disappointing.
I've heard passengers call it that, but don't remember seeing DL ever call it that.
Old Feb 3, 20, 7:30 am
was WWads

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
I normally go to T since that's where the DCA flights usually depart. It's usually quiet and has decent food.

B is ok as long as it's mid-week or a weekend.
beefman003 and dcadwell like this.
Old Feb 3, 20, 7:32 am

Programs: DL GM, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by flyerCO View Post
I've heard passengers call it that, but don't remember seeing DL ever call it that.
https://news.delta.com/delta-unveils...tl-concourse-b
Old Feb 3, 20, 8:24 am

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
As crowded as it may be, it will never come even close to being as bad as the B clubs it replaced.
Spiff, SJC ORD LDR, BenA and 4 others like this.
Old Feb 3, 20, 8:27 am

The B10 club was ridiculous for sure but the B24 club was fine. I certainly thought it was better than the current monstrosity.
Old Feb 3, 20, 9:16 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Don’t even get me started on this terrible club. I can’t believe that DL bothers to call this there “flagship” club. The soda machine was broken when I was there two weeks ago and the silverware was all paper/plastic instead of the typical real glass wear that this club use to have.
beefman003 likes this.
Old Feb 3, 20, 9:26 am

Any Atlanta layover longer than ~45 minutes (landing to boarding), and I head to the F club. It's worth it and going from terminal to terminal in Atlanta is easy.

As others have said, on a nice day sit on the deck.
film_girl and mattya9 like this.
Old Feb 3, 20, 10:00 am

Programs: DL 360, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Titanium
I only visit this club when I’m coming in from a red eye into ATL. It’s alright between 5:30a-7:00a. After that, it becomes a zoo.

Unlike some other clubs (D11, PHL, etc), it is nice when it’s not crowded. It just happens to be way too crowded.
Old Feb 3, 20, 10:54 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Plat, National Executive
Everything the OP said is spot on. We were there for a layover post vacation two weeks ago and the coke machine was still broken then; just bring in some canned sodas already. Something in this club is always broken. And, we were there late - around 10:00pm and it was like it was the middle of the day - completely packed. And the bathrooms are absolutely the worst not to mention the chaotic food area. I really loathe having to land/leave out of in B on my trips. Don't get me started on defunct power ports (to be fair, this seems to be a pervasive problem across the clubs in ATL).

Silver lining is the bar staff usually has things running along pretty quickly each time I visit - rarely see a line more than a few people that isn't dispersed rapidly.

Unfortunately, my layovers in B are under an hour typically so it's a pain to move to one of the other terms.
beefman003 likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: