Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Long time no Delta, need some clarification

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2020, 4:14 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AS, UA, HY, Hil, Merr

Rerouted from: thru HKG to, thru SYD on the way to DPS and from CX to DL/Virgin Australia

At SAN Delta sky club near gate 37 or 47? Phil's BBQ near 46? Delta is in T2? Wish all the data I found was the same!

At LAX, landing Compass, T. 2, leaving Virgin Australia T 3. Can I walk airside from one to the other?

It has been long enough since we flew Delta, that my mileage is gone and wife's is nearly gone (2,000) even though all flights the same!
Old Jan 31, 2020, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ranles
Rerouted from: thru HKG to, thru SYD on the way to DPS and from CX to DL/Virgin Australia
Am very confused what your route/airlines were/are
SAN-LAX-HKG-DPS on DL/CX/CX ??
Now rerouted to SAN-LAX-SYD-DPS on DL/VA/VA ??
All on 1 ticket?
CX and DL/VA are not normally partners

Minimum Connection Transfer Time at Los Angeles (LAX): The Definitive Thread

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/los-...rs-thread.html

Lounges at LAX - Access, Showers, Questions, Which One? [Consolidated thread]

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Jan 31, 2020 at 4:36 pm
Old Jan 31, 2020, 4:36 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond

At SAN Delta sky club near gate 37 or 47? Phil's BBQ near 46? Delta is in T2? Wish all the data I found was the same!

At LAX, landing Compass, T. 2, leaving Virgin Australia T 3. Can I walk airside from one to the other?
Delta uses T2 at SAN. The SkyClub is above Sunset Cove.

There isn't a T2/T3 airside walkway at LAX yet. You can transfer airside via a shuttle bus, about every 5-10 minutes.

Last edited by TTT; Jan 31, 2020 at 4:43 pm
Old Jan 31, 2020, 4:44 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Sorry, mwenenzi. Was SAN-LAX-HKG-DPS . Was able to cancel and rebook SAN-LAX-SYD-DPS DL, and Virgin

Thank you, TTT I am surprised that Virgin does not use the international terminal, Bradley.

Leaving on 2/3 so not likely to have another change.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 4:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
At SAN, DL uses the far side of T2, beyond the AA area where there's a lounge that accepts the regular AmEx charge card--I forget whether it's Centurion, Escape, or PP, but it's far from the DL gates. The DL lounge (SC) is fine, but if it seems crowded keep going back and you'll find some hidden space behind the bar that can be accessed by walking through the "porch" or balcony.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 4:59 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Sorry, mwenenzi. Was SAN-LAX-HKG-DPS . Was able to cancel and rebook SAN-LAX-SYD-DPS DL, and Virgin

Thank you, TTT I am surprised that Virgin does not use the international terminal, Bradley.

Interesting reroute. You didn't specify which airline was taking you LAX-SYD (both DL and VA operate this route). If it is VA operated, then they do operate from TBIT (you may find them listed at T3, but this is only for check-in, not gate). If it is DL, they normally operate from T2 at LAX but sometimes also from TBIT. You'll arrive at T2 ot T3, and either stay in T2 or take the bus to TBIT.

Hope you are flying J, it will be a very long day. If so VA SYD-DPS will be on a 'domestic' config, like DL First Class.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 5:03 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Delete
Old Jan 31, 2020, 5:04 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If it's VA operated LAX-SYD it will depart from TBIT as CPMaverick stated. There is a T2-TBIT airside transfer bus as well.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 5:19 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Delta air Lines DL 6798 operated by Virgin Australia Terminal 3 23:15 That is what it says on our E ticket
Old Jan 31, 2020, 5:29 pm

Delta air Lines DL 6798 operated by Virgin Australia Terminal 3 23:15 That is what it says on our E ticket
Yes, so it will operate from TBIT. You'll take the TBIT shuttle from your arrival terminal (T2 or T3).

VA has their check-in counters at T3, but then you walk to TBIT for security and your flight. This causes a lot of confusion for those that are connecting, because some systems list VA as T3 when for a connecting passenger it is not relevant.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 7:21 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

I see why it causes a lot of confusion.

I will arrive at LAX at T. 2 Then I take a shuttle to T 3 to check in?. Why is that? I should already have boarding passes for all my flights? Then I make my way to Bradley? I am edge ADA, and will be doing wheelchairs on any long walks or material lines (TSA, immigration). I have muscular atrophy in my legs. That is why we are flying J. This does seem a bit confusing. I understand that your both saying the plane will leave from Bradley, but I am unsure about this T3 stop to check in?
Old Jan 31, 2020, 8:22 pm

I see why it causes a lot of confusion.

I will arrive at LAX at T. 2 Then I take a shuttle to T 3 to check in?. Why is that? I should already have boarding passes for all my flights? Then I make my way to Bradley? I am edge ADA, and will be doing wheelchairs on any long walks or material lines (TSA, immigration). I have muscular atrophy in my legs. That is why we are flying J. This does seem a bit confusing. I understand that your both saying the plane will leave from Bradley, but I am unsure about this T3 stop to check in?
No, you don't have to check in again at LAX. That is why I said T3 is NOT relevant for connecting passengers.

Just take the shuttle from T2-TBIT when you arrive. That's it.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 11:24 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

got it...thank you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.