Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New DL Amex Reserve Metal Credit Card

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2020, 1:44 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by M60_to_LGA
It would be deliciously ironic if having this credit card brought Delta flyers additional airport security screening
Do you keep your wallet in your pocket through security? I always put my phone and wallet in my backpack and I get past the ID checker.

Originally Posted by gooselee
I really, really hope they leave a plastic option. I don't like the metal cards at all and don't carry around my unbranded Plat card as a result (well, also because I don't use it, but the metal reinforced that decision).

I just looked and I swear the chip on my current Reserve is silver, not gold. Or maybe it's just worn? Can't say I've ever actually paid attention to it.
I'm not a huge fan, particularly of the thick Amex metal cards. My Chase Sapphire Reserve doesn't seem to be as thick, and I keep that in my wallet. My Reserve card chip is gold but is also scratched in some spots with the silver showing through.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by mattp1987
Do you keep your wallet in your pocket through security? I always put my phone and wallet in my backpack and I get past the ID checker.

I'm not a huge fan, particularly of the thick Amex metal cards. My Chase Sapphire Reserve doesn't seem to be as thick, and I keep that in my wallet. My Reserve card chip is gold but is also scratched in some spots with the silver showing through.
I keep my wallet in my pocket. One less thing to juggle in/out of a bag. I also pay attention when buying belts/shoes to get ones that have less metal so they won't set off WTMDs.

All cards in my wallet are plastic, though. Including my CSR as they still have the option to request a plastic one.
M60_to_LGA likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 6:25 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by gooselee
I keep my wallet in my pocket. One less thing to juggle in/out of a bag. I also pay attention when buying belts/shoes to get ones that have less metal so they won't set off WTMDs.

All cards in my wallet are plastic, though. Including my CSR as they still have the option to request a plastic one.
Interesting, I’ll have to try it. I do keep a flat metal spare car key in my wallet though, so that might be enough to set it off even without the metal cards.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 6:27 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by griffy208
Requested my platinum one for giggles. We'll see.
Same here. Roommate had a nice metal one for the longest time and always wanted one myself.
griffy208 likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 6:42 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
If we like the existing plastic card just fine, can we keep it? Or is replacement coming anyway?
Old Jan 31, 2020, 7:02 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by msp3
If we like the existing plastic card just fine, can we keep it? Or is replacement coming anyway?
Apparently plastic is still available. Just choose "contactless" when ordering a replacement card.
msp3 likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 7:31 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by mnbp
Apparently plastic is still available. Just choose "contactless" when ordering a replacement card.
I don't know if this is the case, I was just speculating if this would be a plastic card.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 11:18 am

Programs: DL SM, DL Amex Plat, Hilton Silver
The images suggest the metal are contactless as well...
Old Feb 5, 2020, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

New Metal card arrived 3 days before amex indicated.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
New Metal card arrived 3 days before amex indicated.
Mine was supposed to arrive on the 7th and now its showing it's 3 days behind to the 10th.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 3:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
Mine was supposed to arrive on the 7th and now its showing it's 3 days behind to the 10th.
Mine was scheduled for 10th. Arrived regular mail on 5th.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 8:43 pm

Programs: Pre✓, Delta DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Mariott Plat, PC Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by HDQDD
Good to see AmEx getting with the 2000's.
LOL ... It only took them 20 years!

... Anyway, ordered mine up yesterday.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
Mine was scheduled for 10th. Arrived regular mail on 5th.
Well mine might be here sooner now. AMEX shows the card is in Jacksonville now (USPS), but still showing February 10th arrival.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 11:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
I do pay 80% of the time using my phone (google pay) my Visa Ring 10% r my Fitbit watch 8% and 2% cash - why you guys ever need to have this metal "thingie"
Old Feb 6, 2020, 1:53 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by olegator
I do pay 80% of the time using my phone (google pay) my Visa Ring 10% r my Fitbit watch 8% and 2% cash - why you guys ever need to have this metal "thingie"
you never keep a tab open?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.