Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New DL Amex Reserve Metal Credit Card

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2020, 3:19 am
Original Poster

New DL Amex Reserve Metal Credit Card

These are now available to Reserve cardmembers at no additional cost. I ordered mine online yesterday. They said it should arrive in about a week.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 5:12 am

Programs: Delta PM
Believe it's also an option for Platinum Delta Amex cards.
N174UA and jalves like this.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 6:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The picture looks like it will be a distinctive purple color, very different looking than the current black with blue and gray plastic one with the gold colored chip that seems to clash.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 7:14 am

Programs: DL DM
This is so exciting, it has made my whole week!
MNflyerGuy and KenTarmac like this.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 7:23 am

Programs: DL SM, DL Amex Plat, Hilton Silver
Requested my platinum one for giggles. We'll see.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 7:34 am

Programs: Delta
Did some searches and found that some brands of metal cards will set off metal detectors. Too early to tell if the AMEX Reserve one will?
Old Jan 31, 2020, 7:42 am

Programs: Delta PM, American Platinum
I haven't had any problems with the metal Amex Platinum card (non Delta-branded) and imagine this construction is very similar. I think it will be just fine.
MNflyerGuy likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 8:21 am

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
Good to see AmEx getting with the 2000's.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 10:20 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The picture looks like ......
Do you hava link to an Amex page about this?

PS: Thanx for the welcome back!
Old Jan 31, 2020, 10:26 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
The picture looks like it will be a distinctive purple color, very different looking than the current black with blue and gray plastic one with the gold colored chip that seems to clash.
My AmEx app is showing the new purple color as well. I had to do a double take because I thought for a second it was showing a picture of an old SPG card. I have not yet ordered a metal card, but my current Reserve expires this summer. I wonder if the replacement will automatically be a metal card.
rogo likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 10:35 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
It wonder if it actually might still be possible to get a plastic replacement. I went online to replace my companions reserve card earlier (I did mine yesterday) and I noticed there were two options for replacement, metal or contactless. According to the card renderings, the metal cards are already contactless enabled so I wonder if it’s still possible to get just the contactless plastic card?
Old Jan 31, 2020, 10:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by davetravels
Do you hava link to an Amex page about this?

PS: Thanx for the welcome back!
I received an email yesterday that had a tiny picture of the metal card with apparently a link to request it. I couldn't see much about the design of the card, just the color.

I wouldn't expect the new metal Reserve card to be any heavier or thicker than the regular AmEx Plat charge card, metal edition.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 1:17 pm

Programs: AA GLD, AC
Originally Posted by MNflyerGuy
Did some searches and found that some brands of metal cards will set off metal detectors. Too early to tell if the AMEX Reserve one will?
It would be deliciously ironic if having this credit card brought Delta flyers additional airport security screening
MNflyerGuy, fsuj25 and scklumb like this.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
It wonder if it actually might still be possible to get a plastic replacement. I went online to replace my companions reserve card earlier (I did mine yesterday) and I noticed there were two options for replacement, metal or contactless. According to the card renderings, the metal cards are already contactless enabled so I wonder if it’s still possible to get just the contactless plastic card?
I really, really hope they leave a plastic option. I don't like the metal cards at all and don't carry around my unbranded Plat card as a result (well, also because I don't use it, but the metal reinforced that decision).

I just looked and I swear the chip on my current Reserve is silver, not gold. Or maybe it's just worn? Can't say I've ever actually paid attention to it.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 1:36 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Marriott Plat, National Exec
Originally Posted by M60_to_LGA
It would be deliciously ironic if having this credit card brought Delta flyers additional airport security screening
That would be annoying AND hilarious.
MNflyerGuy likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.