Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta to upgrade Sky Club Terminal A (Atlanta)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2020, 7:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Death March, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life

Anyone clarify what this might mean?
I've been here (center one) maybe 100 times, and can't recall what it is (unless I'm thinking of the different Sky Club - center spine instead of the one @ A17)

"... infill of the existing floor opening between the boarding level and level three..."​​​​​​​

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/..._news_headline
Old Jan 23, 2020, 9:32 am

Behind a paywall. Any cliff notes?
Old Jan 23, 2020, 10:05 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by lindros2
Anyone clarify what this might mean?
I've been here (center one) maybe 100 times, and can't recall what it is (unless I'm thinking of the different Sky Club - center spine instead of the one @ A17)

"... infill of the existing floor opening between the boarding level and level three..."
When you take the escalator up from the main level, when you first enter the club on the third level, all there is a check in-desk and stairs/elevator up to level 4 and the rest of the club. It sounds like they will be expanding the club on the check in level to add seating and another restroom.

Originally Posted by JTE458
It’s a free article, but you have to create an account to view it. To sum it up, they are going to renovate the A Center club (not A-17) to fill in the rest of Level 3 (currently its just a small lobby with a check in desk and stairs/elevator up to level 4 and the main club area) with new seating and another restroom. The article states that “The renovation is part of a multiyear, multimillion dollar plan to renovate and open new Sky Clubs across the Delta network. The Atlanta-based airline often issues surveys to determine the wants and needs of its customers and responds with updates such as this. The A centerpoint project has been in the works for more than a year. “
Old Jan 23, 2020, 3:29 pm

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA
Snippet taken from bizjournals.com
The Delta Sky Club at Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport's Concourse A centerpoint will soon accommodate more travelers.

Delta Air Lines Inc. is renovating this Sky Club lounge with new partitions and finishes and infill of the existing floor opening between the boarding level and level three, according to plans filed with the City of Atlanta. Construction is estimated to cost $670,000.

"As a part of our ongoing efforts to continuously improve the guest experience across our network of Delta Sky Clubs, we’ll be adding more seating and restrooms in the Delta Sky Club (Concourse A, in center on second level) in the coming months," a Delta spokesperson told Atlanta Business Chronicle in an email.

The renovation is part of a multiyear, multimillion dollar plan to renovate and open new Sky Clubs across the Delta network. The Atlanta-based airline often issues surveys to determine the wants and needs of its customers and responds with updates such as this. The A centerpoint project has been in the works for more than a year.

Construction will be done in phases, allowing the lounge to remain open for the duration.....
Old Jan 23, 2020, 3:46 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
I've always wondered with A17 and A Centerpoint being so close - can't they just join them together? It seems like the check in for Centerpoint has to be almost against the back wall of A17?
Old Jan 23, 2020, 5:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Death March, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by JTE458
Sorry - apologies - the Cliff's note was really about which club it was.

I think they have the same idea - seating and restroom - at another club (B? C? D - but not the one in the basement)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.