Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Any tips on removing FF number from PDF receipt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any tips on removing FF number from PDF receipt

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2020, 10:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by ijgordon
It's not about what you (or I) prefer, it's about what policies the company has in place to ensure compliance. I certainly don't want to charge my airfare to my corporate Amex (vs. my Platinum at 5x miles) and I certainly don't want to have to call an agent or use the clunky Concur website, but dem's da rules. And I think they enable much more robust compliance than requiring a boarding pass.
Fine, but our rules (so far) say that I can make my own travel arrangements and I will. I save money over what the travel agent would do and it's my travel budget anyway.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 11:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
It's not about what you (or I) prefer, it's about what policies the company has in place to ensure compliance. I certainly don't want to charge my airfare to my corporate Amex (vs. my Platinum at 5x miles) and I certainly don't want to have to call an agent or use the clunky Concur website, but dem's da rules. And I think they enable much more robust compliance than requiring a boarding pass.
this, exactly ... corporate policy seldom if ever acknowledges any personal (economic, frequent flyer affiliation, etc) benefits that employees might accrue ... very few of us like it, but we’re basically stuck with it

that said, my current and prior employers’ policies allow me to upfare DL bookings with my personal AmEx, and (better) there’s an “Airfare Waiver Authorization” form that I can submit with an expense report as justification for booking outside of Concur ... I haven’t made a habit of this, but since I don’t incur change fees for AS flights (as MVPG/75K) I generally have three or four weekly SEA<—>WAS bookings that I’ll roll into the next month when it doesn’t look like the client will approve travel ... if I get approval, and if I can find a reasonable DL fare with a reasonable FCM, I’ll book thru Concur, call the corporate TA to process the upfare, and avoid submitting the waiver form
Old Jan 23, 2020, 1:43 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
OK at least you have the option to use a corporate travel agent or credit card (which you are not responsible for paying directly?).
Correct. I can get in trouble if I don't properly submit the expense report, but it's not my responsibility (it's in my name, but it doesn't show up on my credit report, so....No, I don't know how that works.)

Anyway, back on topic - I use (poorly) Adobe to redact stuff. But I've learned a lot reading this thread, so thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.