Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is delta too cheap to stock sick bags?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2020, 2:06 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
I took a few from my earlier AM flight yesterday since there were plenty of extras in the lav. I was going to stroll through Y after boarding and hand them out to folks who looked like they might need them, but had second thoughts after thinking that I might be thrown off the flight.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by defrosted
Great idea.
This would also stop all those pesky main cabin people from using the lav in first.
We could actually completely do away with the lavs under my plan! We could then cram in A couple dozen more seats as well.
strickerj likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by RealHJ
DL should install an x-ray at the gate and do not allow any pax to boat whose bladder, stomach or intestines are in any state other than empty. "Sorry, empty 'em out first and try the next flight."
And of course then no food or drinks aboard, to keep it that way and conserve the weight.
Then there will be no need for air sick bags.
And DL can charge extra on each ticket for "complementary" Weight Watchers membership for the duration of the flight.

....if it's not obvious to someone, this is obviously meant in a sarcastic tone, in tune with the poster that I was quoting immediately above...
Me sarcastic? Only with every breath I take But just trying to be light hearted.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 8:26 am

Programs: Lifetime Silver Marriott Bonvoy
I have a friend that has an extreme sensitivity to motion and resulting motion sickness. A stop and go car ride is enough to trigger it <--- barf emoji. She'll medicate two to three days before a flight, just to make it bearable. Unfortunately, her last flight in September wasn't good; she used over 10 bags. On the brighter side, she knows that it's going to happen, and doesn't fly unless she really has too.

BYOBB

-C (we really do need the barf emoji)
Old Jan 28, 2020, 9:59 am

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by jsds
I have a friend that has an extreme sensitivity to motion and resulting motion sickness. A stop and go car ride is enough to trigger it <--- barf emoji. She'll medicate two to three days before a flight, just to make it bearable. Unfortunately, her last flight in September wasn't good; she used over 10 bags. On the brighter side, she knows that it's going to happen, and doesn't fly unless she really has too.

BYOBB

-C (we really do need the barf emoji)
Copy and paste 🤢🤮
Old Jan 28, 2020, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jsds

BYOBB
WBBBBB - Want barf bag, bring barf bag?
Can you even buy these??
Old Jan 28, 2020, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by The doomed
Why expect the airline to provide a bag to be sick in? If you think you may be sick take your own
Or better still don't get on the flight

So glad DL had them on the last flight I took with them years ago. Got reseated at the gate in ATL. Sat down and saw the FA come over to the girl next to me with puke bags and a carrier bag to put the used ones in.
Pushed back from the gate and she started throwing up and this continued until we landed in SEA. Not a spare seat on the plane to move to so had to endure it. Felt sorry for her and when we were getting off I did tell her I hoped she felt better soon.

Filed a complain with DL for not booting her off when they knew before the doors closed that she was sick but all it got me was an email saying they don't proactively deboard someone because they are sick.

Wonder what would happen currently with the Corona virus doing the rounds
Old Jan 31, 2020, 9:27 am

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by The doomed
Let's take some approx numbers for Delta.

5000 flights a day X 160 seats on a plane = 800,000 sick bags per day.

9g each = 7,200kg of sick bags being flown around the world each day

2,628,000kg of sick bags a year, needlessly. Same for in flight sales.

A lot of waste. A lot of fuel. Marginal gains.
For sure that 1 pound airline magazine and 1 pound duty free magazine are more useful and eco-friendly
strickerj likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.