Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta MQM Reset/Rollover 2019-2022 Consolidated Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2020, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
2018/2019 Rollover Discussion Thread

History of past years rollover dates (either in mass or began to post)

2023 started on January 3rd
2022 scheduled for January 2nd
2021 on January 3rd
2020 originally scheduled for January 6th, started posting on January 3rd.
2019 on January 7th (Monday, starting at mid-late morning in ATL)
2018 on January 8th
2017 on January 10th
2016 on January 12th
2015 on January 13th
2014 on January 14th
2013 on January 2nd
2012 on January 8th
2011 on January 5th
2010 on January 14th
Print Wikipost

Delta MQM Reset/Rollover 2019-2022 Consolidated Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2020, 6:10 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
As often happens with similar threads, this thread has evolved from when will rollover occur to whose is the biggest. Rollover, that is.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by CarmenOM
...this thread has evolved from when will rollover occur to whose is the biggest. Rollover, that is.
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
As I mentioned earlier, my 147K rollover posted yesterday.
Lol. I see your Schwartz is (nearly) as big as my 160K MQM rollover.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 9:09 am

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
I got my rollover over the weekend. The good news is that I'm sitting on over 117k MQMs, less than 8k away from DM. The bad news is that I have to get 15k MQDs.

I'm 111k MQMs away from 3 MM status. I'd like to make it, but I turned 65 on Monday and can start to see the end of my flying days. I've got to get their more expensive credit card to get the MQD waiver for 2021. I don't know.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 10:19 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by ND76
I got my rollover over the weekend. The good news is that I'm sitting on over 117k MQMs, less than 8k away from DM. The bad news is that I have to get 15k MQDs.

I'm 111k MQMs away from 3 MM status. I'd like to make it, but I turned 65 on Monday and can start to see the end of my flying days. I've got to get their more expensive credit card to get the MQD waiver for 2021. I don't know.
I retired 2 years ago and am a bit farther from 3MM then you (and don't need another piece of luggage). You probably already know the partner tips for the MQDs. Find low price long-distance AF/KL/MU/VA/VS business class tickets for the 40% MQDs.
I used to do really well with AF PE S/W (Ithink those were the discount PE classes) fares from the US-CDG-Asia-back to somewhere in Europe via CDG-US. I've not priced anything recently but you were able to do these for $2400-2800 and get an Asian and a Euro trip on the same ticket. W/S/A are 30% of distance now.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 11:36 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by El Boocho
Lol. I see your Schwartz is (nearly) as big as my 160K MQM rollover.
I'd answer but I don't want to get suspended.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 7:03 am

Do MQMs above the threshold still rollover if you achieved status through the status match challenge? I was in a weird situation this year of getting DL silver through the challenge since I calculated that I'd be way short on dollars but far over on MQM (thanks, dirt cheap SIN flights!) to achieve it the normal way, and just matched with my UA status. Haven't seen rollover MQM post so was wondering if I could expect them to
Old Jan 9, 2020, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by CountZero
Do MQMs above the threshold still rollover if you achieved status through the status match challenge? I was in a weird situation this year of getting DL silver through the challenge since I calculated that I'd be way short on dollars but far over on MQM (thanks, dirt cheap SIN flights!) to achieve it the normal way, and just matched with my UA status. Haven't seen rollover MQM post so was wondering if I could expect them to
Looks like MQM rollover is only for what you earned traditionally, outside of a challenge, so you probably won't get any
Old Jan 9, 2020, 7:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
In the past, you only got rollover above the status level earned according to normal requirements, but IIRC there was someone here who reported an exception this year. YMMV.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
I matched to Plat last year and finished with 33,574 MQM and 3,821 MQD. I rolled over the 8,574 MQM excess over reaching Silver organically, so that seems consistent with normal reports.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 1:30 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond , Marriott Ambassador, Alaska MVP Gold, American Airlines Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
What about MQDs? Do you have a foreign address or just some expensive tickets? OTOH, to get close to 75,000 MQMs from just these three trips, at least some of them must be earning 150% or more.

Will you hit DM MQMs or MQDs first?
So, I’ve already hit MQDs just on the bookings (I’m in J on all the flights). I’m at 33,000 MQM for JNB because I have to fly back on VA.

I’m still playing with the SYD and SIN legs (I’m also considering flying Singapore for the experience instead of the miles, since I’m positive I’ll hit DM by mid-year anyway), but I should be very close on MQM with those — but you’re right, I might be short. I’ll need to play around with the bookings to see if I can expedite things. But if I am short, I go to Zurich in March and that should take care of it. But I’ll hit MQD spend by the first week of February.

My Delta spend last year was like $43k on 41 segments or something. I don’t anticipate hitting that number this year, but I’ll clear $15K in one and a half trips.
bunsofsteel likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 1:40 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond , Marriott Ambassador, Alaska MVP Gold, American Airlines Gold
Originally Posted by LDNConsultant
Probably will hit the DM MQD first. Generally JFK - SYD will cost circa $14k on D1 return so will probably hit the MQD WAY WAY before the necessary MQM.
Yeah, that’s my scenario. Most of my trips are over 10 hours and always in J (assuming it is for work), so even with corporate discounts and advance bookings, I hit the spend minimum first.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 1:48 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
[QUOTE=MSPeconomist;31920697]This is late for a DM with so much rollover.

Better late than never. I only qualified for PM next year, so I had bigger than normal rollover. But I think I can hit DM in Q2 next year, due to some planned partner travel in paid J.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 11:48 am

Programs: DELTA DL360 / HILTON DM / Bonvoy DM
Reviving an old thread, and pretty stoked to rollover more than 1M MQM's into 2020. Have been fortunate to be invited to the Delta360 level for the last 4 years, hoping it will happen again this year. Will have to wait and see

1M+ MQM's rolled over into 2020 says way too much time in an aluminum fuselage

Last edited by ryandc99; Jan 13, 2020 at 3:42 pm Reason: removed screenshot where personal numbers are not scrambled well
Old Jan 13, 2020, 11:58 am

Programs: DELTA DL360 / HILTON DM / Bonvoy DM
Really curious what the heavy hitters roll over? I fly a LOT, 200-400 MQM's a year and this year rolled over 1M+ MQM's into 2020, but I come nowhere close to putting the BIS miles that some guys do. Last year saw some of Delta's heavy hitters were well over the 10M mile mark. Anyone have any idea what they roll over each year?
Old Jan 13, 2020, 2:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I wonder how many elites have more than a million rollover.

Any guesses?

Any others here?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.