Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta MQM Reset/Rollover 2019-2022 Consolidated Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2020, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
2018/2019 Rollover Discussion Thread

History of past years rollover dates (either in mass or began to post)

2023 started on January 3rd
2022 scheduled for January 2nd
2021 on January 3rd
2020 originally scheduled for January 6th, started posting on January 3rd.
2019 on January 7th (Monday, starting at mid-late morning in ATL)
2018 on January 8th
2017 on January 10th
2016 on January 12th
2015 on January 13th
2014 on January 14th
2013 on January 2nd
2012 on January 8th
2011 on January 5th
2010 on January 14th
Print Wikipost

Delta MQM Reset/Rollover 2019-2022 Consolidated Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2022, 1:05 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by ElliottMB
Keep me honest here. PM with 90K rollover miles that posted yesterday. Historically have made use of the DL Reserve card for the MQM boost, but can't see much value in keeping it vs. trading down to the DL Platinum card to hit the spend waiver and lock in PM for '23. Other than the companion cert (which I've not used from this past year yet) and SkyClub access (which I get via the Amex Plat), seems like the smart choice would be to dip to the DL Platinum & save $300?
Originally Posted by ElliottMB
That's a great point/dynamic I hadn't considered. I guess on the other hand, those 5K MQM require me to spend an extra $5K on the Reserve card ($25K vs. $30K for the bonuses). That means I can't put that on a potentially more lucrative card for redeemable points, e.g. the Amex Plat or Gold...good food for thought though - do I value 5K MQM in a year I already have enough for Plat or not...thanks for the thoughts!
I'm considering the same thing... The issue is that MQM aren't needed that much this year, or even next year given all of the rollover. You always have the option to re upgrade in 2023 if you need extra MQM then. If you are interested in just keeping platinum through 2024, you now basically have 24 months to earn 60K MQM, which seems very easy given Amex status boosts and normal flying.
ElliottMB likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 1:27 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
So, question. I qualified for Silver last year on my own, but I was Gold last year on the extension from 2020 status. My rollover posted, but my 2022 status says "Silver." They're extending status another year, so should I be worried that for 2022 it says "silver" — or is this what everyone is seeing? At some point later in the month they'll input the extension. I'm only obsessing because I have a trip to Europe in March and the STE+ benefits are fairly significantly better than regular STE. Anyone help allay my concerns?
Old Jan 3, 2022, 1:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
IIRC there was discussion earlier in this forum that various forms of unearned status would not be extended, such as that earned solely through a status challenge. Could something like this apply to you.

My 2022 status (DM, via extension) has been showing correctly on the app for a month or two (although the app isn't recognizing 2023 GM via 2MM yet on the bar graphs).
Old Jan 4, 2022, 6:22 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold
I think I'm understanding this correctly, but let me check with those of you who know this stuff so well. I just rolled-over 176,000 MQMs into 2022. Since I'm traveling far less than I used to, it is unlikely that I'll meet the MQD for Diamond during 2022, but I would very likely hit $25k of card spending, so would that mean I'd end up as a Platinum in 2023 with 101,000 (plus whatever 2022 MQMs I acquire) rollover MQMs for 2024?
Old Jan 4, 2022, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by anon2k2
I think I'm understanding this correctly, but let me check with those of you who know this stuff so well. I just rolled-over 176,000 MQMs into 2022. Since I'm traveling far less than I used to, it is unlikely that I'll meet the MQD for Diamond during 2022, but I would very likely hit $25k of card spending, so would that mean I'd end up as a Platinum in 2023 with 101,000 (plus whatever 2022 MQMs I acquire) rollover MQMs for 2024?
That's exactly how I understand it, based on the current rules. Of course, things could change by then, but not likely in a way that would give you less than that for 2023 starting MQMs.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 12:46 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
The perfesser had no status in 2021 and his MQMs haven't rolled over yet, I guess that's a different script to run than for the 2021 elites. (If I can get him the MQDs, I can get him at least SM this year.)
Old Jan 4, 2022, 8:05 pm
ryw

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium
GM here, my rollover miles have posted, but my status for 2022 still says "SkyMiles Member." Anyone else not seeing their extended status reflected yet?

For more details, I organically earned Silver during 2019 for the 2020 year. In spring 2021 I did the status match challenge that would increase your level, bringing me to GM. (Alas I haven't hit the MQDs in either 2020 or 2021 to organically requalify for Silver). From my reading of the terms, it sounded like the Gold status would be extended, but even if I were wrong, then I would expect to see Silver extended. I'm assuming/hoping the extension is just being run in batches and hasn't gotten to me yet!
Old Jan 4, 2022, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ryw
GM here, my rollover miles have posted, but my status for 2022 still says "SkyMiles Member." Anyone else not seeing their extended status reflected yet?

For more details, I organically earned Silver during 2019 for the 2020 year. In spring 2021 I did the status match challenge that would increase your level, bringing me to GM. (Alas I haven't hit the MQDs in either 2020 or 2021 to organically requalify for Silver). From my reading of the terms, it sounded like the Gold status would be extended, but even if I were wrong, then I would expect to see Silver extended. I'm assuming/hoping the extension is just being run in batches and hasn't gotten to me yet!
There have been a few other reports from people who did a match challenge prior to July 2021 and it appears this category of pax are not getting their status extended this year (based on Match Challenge status alone). This is what would normally happen if you did a challenge between July 2020 and June 2021 and did not earn status organically during 2021 for the 2022 status year. When they did the status extension in 2020, they specifically noted that those with Match Challenge status would have it extended. They didn't make any clarifying statements about those with Match Challenge status when the 2021 extension was announced.In the past, they haven't generally allowed someone who already has status to do a Match Challenge, and I suspect the systems are not setup to recognize your status prior to Match Challenge.
MSPeconomist likes this.

Last edited by xliioper; Jan 4, 2022 at 8:33 pm
Old Jan 4, 2022, 8:43 pm
ryw

Originally Posted by xliioper
There have been a few other reports from people who did a match challenge prior to July 2021 and it appears this category of pax are not getting their status extended this year (based on Match Challenge status alone). This is what would normally happen if you did a challenge between July 2020 and June 2021 and did not earn status organically during 2021 for the 2022 status year. When they did the status extension in 2020, they specifically noted that those with Match Challenge status would have it extended. They didn't make any clarifying statements about those with Match Challenge status when the 2021 extension was announced.In the past, they haven't generally allowed someone who already has status to do a Match Challenge, and I suspect the systems are not setup to recognize your status prior to Match Challenge.
Thanks, yes I did mine back in May. I recall that when the status extension was announced, there was some discussion about whether or not status gained from the Elevated Status Match Challenge would be extended (since most of us still got the "your status has been extended" emails). The current language on Delta's website now seems to indicate that it should be extended: "If you recently completed and met the published requirements in a challenge or promotion to earn Medallion Status, such as Reclaim My Status, or Status Match Challenge, your earned status through these programs will also be extended through January 31, 2023."

Of course I wouldn't be surprised if there's IT issues causing a hang up! Anyways, I'm happy for the rollover MQM for now, and I suppose I have some time to wait and see if anything changes with my 2022 status before contacting DL about it -- patience being a virtue and all that
Old Jan 4, 2022, 8:53 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by ryw
Thanks, yes I did mine back in May. I recall that when the status extension was announced, there was some discussion about whether or not status gained from the Elevated Status Match Challenge would be extended (since most of us still got the "your status has been extended" emails). The current language on Delta's website now seems to indicate that it should be extended: "If you recently completed and met the published requirements in a challenge or promotion to earn Medallion Status, such as Reclaim My Status, or Status Match Challenge, your earned status through these programs will also be extended through January 31, 2023."

Of course I wouldn't be surprised if there's IT issues causing a hang up! Anyways, I'm happy for the rollover MQM for now, and I suppose I have some time to wait and see if anything changes with my 2022 status before contacting DL about it -- patience being a virtue and all that
Given DL's normal reluctance to grant status challenges to those who already hold some sort of DL status, this raises the question(in my mind at least) of whether you had a normal status challenge or perhaps one arranged by an employer with a corporate travel contract. The language you quote above about *published* requirements in a challenge or promotion would seem to suggest that only normal status challenges following published rules qualify for the extension.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ryw

Okay, I guess the issue here is what they mean by "recently". If you expand the detailed T&C's on the website, it would seem to contradict that language. Note the part about those with a Status Challenge --

"Gold or Silver Medallion Status from another Member through Choice Benefits, Members currently enrolled in a Medallion Status challenge or promotion that have not yet met requirements or Centurion Card Members who are awarded complimentary Platinum Medallion Status will not be extended. "
Old Jan 4, 2022, 9:10 pm
ryw

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Given DL's normal reluctance to grant status challenges to those who already hold some sort of DL status, this raises the question(in my mind at least) of whether you had a normal status challenge or perhaps one arranged by an employer with a corporate travel contract. The language you quote above about *published* requirements in a challenge or promotion would seem to suggest that only normal status challenges following published rules qualify for the extension.
It was this promo that was announced in Fall 2020, where DL would match you to one level higher of status than you have on another airline: New Status Match promo from delta. It seems to have been targeted, but it was open to a lot of members. And uniquely, it was available to existing medallion members (which was a point of discussion/contention!)

Originally Posted by xliioper
Okay, I guess the issue here is what they mean by "recently". If you expand the detailed T&C's on the website, it would seem to contradict that language. Note the part about those with a Status Challenge --

"Gold or Silver Medallion Status from another Member through Choice Benefits, Members currently enrolled in a Medallion Status challenge or promotion that have not yet met requirements or Centurion Card Members who are awarded complimentary Platinum Medallion Status will not be extended. "
My interpretation of that part of the T&C was that if you currently had status because you were in the middle of a challenge and did not complete the requirements ("currently enrolled"), you were ineligible for extension. But those who had met the requirements would be extended. (I agree that their use of "recently" makes things sort of murky though).
Old Jan 4, 2022, 9:12 pm

My interpretation is that a targeted promo is not published. YMMV.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 9:25 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, WN A-List, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Has anyone else had the following issue?

It almost seems as if the rollover posted too soon. I had a flight on a partner (Air France) on Dec 31 so it took a few days for the miles/MQMs to post. The rollover on my account had already posted and then I had MQMs post for Dec 31 so as it stands now, those MQM aren't counting at all.

Do I need to call Delta to fix this? Or might it resolve on it's own after a few days?
Old Jan 4, 2022, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by jmgriffin
Has anyone else had the following issue?

It almost seems as if the rollover posted too soon. I had a flight on a partner (Air France) on Dec 31 so it took a few days for the miles/MQMs to post. The rollover on my account had already posted and then I had MQMs post for Dec 31 so as it stands now, those MQM aren't counting at all.

Do I need to call Delta to fix this? Or might it resolve on it's own after a few days?
In the past, DL did several sweeps to take care of this. Be patient but don't forget to verify that you received proper credit.
dburns and jmgriffin like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.