Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Another seat change with no reason

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2020, 8:26 am

Programs: DL Platinum, MR Platinum, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by ethernal
I realize that "better seat" is subjective, but who really cares about the fact that the IFE is on a stick? Admittedly I don't use IFE anyways, but even if you do, you only lose it for like 10 minutes each flight. Doesn't really matter on a transcon, especially when the seat itself is 10x better than 12C.
I think OP's concern is more regarding the confines of a narrower, more uncomfortable seat. Some people put more value in leg-room and others in width or pitch.

Originally Posted by rylan
Sorry, but this 'schedule change' is on the order of minutes and now I was moved to 10C on the 739, which is the first row of C+ behind F and so the monitors are in the seat which means hard/unmovable armrests and narrower seat width.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 8:54 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by landgraf13
I think OP's concern is more regarding the confines of a narrower, more uncomfortable seat. Some people put more value in leg-room and others in width or pitch.
The seat width is effectively the same. Seat width is valuable because it increases separation from you and the person sitting next to you. Given that for an anatomically normal human (especially for males, which is admittedly an assumption I am making about OP), you are far wider at your shoulders than your tuchus, if you can't fit your rear end between the seat railings, then you should be either buying 2 seats or sitting in first class because that would mean that your shoulders are overflowing several inches into your neighbor's seat (rather than just the usual 1 or 2).
Old Jan 2, 2020, 9:39 am

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
My wife and I were bumped out of F seats we had had for some months into C between OLCI and arriving at the airport with the equipment change excuse, though the actual aircraft was the same as we booked on. On the plus side we discovered that on an RJ there wasn't much advantage to F as they did manage to put us in C+. On the minus side we then had vouchers and had to fly DL again which earned us an overnight stay due to MX. It wasn't very auspicious for our first flight on DL/NW in 25 years!
Old Jan 2, 2020, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I can fit in the seat no problem... my concern stems from the seat being in a spot where it sticks out in the aisle more (goes from F to C+ in this spot) so am likely to be bumped frequently and I have wide shoulders. The monitor in the seat is a minor annoyance. I haven't sat in that particular spot on the 739 so I don't know exactly how it'll be, since I'm hoping to be able to use a laptop to do some work as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.