Wiki Posts
Search

Japanese meal not selectable?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2019, 5:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM; DL AMEX Reserve; HHonors Gold
Japanese meal not selectable?

I have a flight next summer from HND-DTW in J that doesn't have a Japanese meal option in the usual pull down menu. Called CS and they weren't able to see it there either and declared that maybe it wasn't available anymore. Has anyone else seen/heard about this?
Old Dec 10, 2019, 5:54 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
I usually order my meal when they send an email a few days before departure. I would wait and not worry. I’ll
Old Dec 10, 2019, 6:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
On my recent TPAC trips in D1, one of the pre-order choices at T-72 to T-24 has been the Japanese or Korean meal. It might not be possible to order it anymore by the same method that one orders vegan, diabetic, etc. special meals.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 6:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM; DL AMEX Reserve; HHonors Gold
Interesting - thank you for the information. Last TPAC in J was about 4 months ago and hadn't read about this new policy...
Old Dec 10, 2019, 6:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by DeltaFan4Now
Interesting - thank you for the information. Last TPAC in J was about 4 months ago and hadn't read about this new policy...
I don't know whether it's a new policy. I'm just saying that DL probably doesn't want to simultaneously have two different ways to order a Japanese meal for the same flight.

Wait until you get the meal choice email at T-72 or watch your itinerary on the app at about a month before travel. However, if you do it from the emailed link, you get an email receipt confirming your choice.
DeltaFan4Now likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
It migh also be a glitch due to flight moving to HND. System may be programmed to only offer on NRT flights.
DeltaFan4Now likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.