Community
Wiki Posts
Search

10% Off Delta Gift Cards

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2019, 2:34 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Bought $2,000 worth. Didn't want to tie up the full $3,000 at Mama Delta so early in the year. I put it on my Bank of America CashRewards credit card, which has a 3% cash back on "online shopping" and/or 2% cash back at "warehouse clubs", plus I'm top tier preferred rewards which gives me a 75% bonus and ultimately means I'm out of pocket either $852.75 or $868.49, depending on which category it codes as. Pretty sweet discount on next year's MQDs...
lsquare and Gig103 like this.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 3:13 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Costco.com accepts Visa, MC, Discover, Diners Club and JCB.

Looks like a $2699 purchase of $3000 DL e-gift card would garner a 2% exec rebate ($53.98), and the same amount of rebate with the Citi Costco card.
Seems to me that other cards could give a better return. I used a CFU card that gives 1.5 UR points/dollar. Transferred to my CSR card I can get at least 2.25% credit toward booking and even more if transferred to an airline program for flights.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 4:20 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
I just maxed out $4,500 worth @ $4,049.94 - was also just notified of $81.00 rebate to my account for exec account.
Tomorrow will be booking 3 tix ATL-SAN in FC for Jan & Feb. That will chew up a good bit of it!
Old Nov 21, 2019, 5:32 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, DL FO, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 Whatevers
This is a great deal - are there alternatives to CSR/AMEX travel insurance that make the savings worth it?
Old Nov 21, 2019, 5:41 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
There have been a number of comments about trip insurance and I always check the NO box when booking. I have been flying for business since ‘81 and have never once been in a situation where I would have needed it. Am I missing something?
Old Nov 21, 2019, 5:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tomphot
There have been a number of comments about trip insurance and I always check the NO box when booking. I have been flying for business since ‘81 and have never once been in a situation where I would have needed it. Am I missing something?
I think much of it stems from the new Amex included trip delay/cancellation insurance. I’ve never bought trip insurance either.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by lifeandmylens
I ended up purchasing $3,000 worth before they might sell out. It seems like a great deal for 10% off rates and they never expire (plus 2% Costco, plus chase visa points).

Amex trip insurance probably won't cover it even if a portion is paid via Amex.
I don't really have a card that's optimized for Costco spend. I want to buy $3k as well. Should I use my Citi Premier, CSP, or Chase Hyatt since they don't accept AMEX?
Old Nov 21, 2019, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by jrkmsp
Bought $2,000 worth. Didn't want to tie up the full $3,000 at Mama Delta so early in the year. I put it on my Bank of America CashRewards credit card, which has a 3% cash back on "online shopping" and/or 2% cash back at "warehouse clubs", plus I'm top tier preferred rewards which gives me a 75% bonus and ultimately means I'm out of pocket either $852.75 or $868.49, depending on which category it codes as. Pretty sweet discount on next year's MQDs...
Totally agree with ya. I probably should consider the BoA Premium Rewards in the future.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 7:48 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
I just bought $2k worth. The $1k were on "backorder." Got $36 for the executive membership rebate plus card rebate (2% if you have the Costco card).
Old Nov 21, 2019, 7:49 pm

Programs: DL GM, MR Gold, Hilton Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by fti
Seems to me that other cards could give a better return. I used a CFU card that gives 1.5 UR points/dollar. Transferred to my CSR card I can get at least 2.25% credit toward booking and even more if transferred to an airline program for flights.
You would've gotten 3% which turns into 4.5% if you would just use your CSR at DL directly...or 5x MR with a Plat...so it's actually costing you.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 8:16 pm

Programs: DL DM; Marriott Ambasador Elite
Just to be sure... can these gift cards be used for any flight booked on delta.com, regardless of the operating airline? I’m about to book JFK-HAN roundtrip in J; 10% off would be pretty sweet.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 11:09 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by fti
Originally Posted by bloc0102
You would've gotten 3% which turns into 4.5% if you would just use your CSR at DL directly...or 5x MR with a Plat...so it's actually costing you.
I'm slightly confused, or at least unsure of what the comparison is supposed to be here. It's true that booking directly at DL with a CSR/Plat would earn 3-5+% in rewards, but then you don't get the 10% discount which is the subject of the thread.
lsquare likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 12:10 am

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
So it seems they are cancelling the order after you place it, so seems to be a moot point now....
Old Nov 22, 2019, 7:33 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD
So it seems they are cancelling the order after you place it, so seems to be a moot point now....
really? Interesting. Is that because of the back order? Because I got my gift cards via email already and verified them on Delta.com.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 7:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jrkmsp
really? Interesting. Is that because of the back order? Because I got my gift cards via email already and verified them on Delta.com.
Same here, received the email with the gift cards and mine all verified on delta. And now Costco is showing out of stock.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.