Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL moving to PKX

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2019, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by james318
One may argue semantics on that. The actual quote:
I must've missed the announcement that DL/MU were building jointly operated lounges. If this was to be a ST lounge it would've said a ST lounge and never mentioned MU.
CPMaverick likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 3:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Then I'm missing something. If it's a MU lounge, that would mean MU operated (and not a contract lounge). SkyTeam rules then apply and GM+/SkyTeam ElitePlus traveling on any DL, MU or other SkyTeam operated flight, even in coach, would have access (as a departure lounge, not upon arrival).

Of course, a potential problem with the rules is that they wouldn't guarantee acces before a (presumably MU operated) domestic flight within mainland China.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Then I'm missing something. If it's a MU lounge, that would mean MU operated (and not a contract lounge). SkyTeam rules then apply and GM+/SkyTeam ElitePlus traveling on any DL, MU or other SkyTeam operated flight, even in coach, would have access (as a departure lounge, not upon arrival).

Of course, a potential problem with the rules is that they wouldn't guarantee acces before a (presumably MU operated) domestic flight within mainland China.
MU Grant's lounge access to J/STE+ passenger, even on domestic flights.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 7:01 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Sad for the change, but I understand.

I stay at the Conrad in the Sanlitun area when I go to Beijing. Very convenient from Capitol Airport. Not so much from "Starfish."
Capitol is a dump, so it is hard to complain too much about the change.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Bowgie
I stay at the Conrad in the Sanlitun area when I go to Beijing. Very convenient from Capitol Airport. Not so much from "Starfish."
I'll miss the PEK Hilton. I know they're building a Hilton for Daxing. However the PEK Hilton is one of my favorite. I enjoy it even more than the Beijing Conrad. Always been upgraded to a duplex (2 floor) suite.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards 2MM, Diner Club points
Originally Posted by flyerCO
link is now broken ....
Old Nov 22, 2019, 12:44 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by rufflesinc
link is now broken ....
I guess they didn't expect us to find it ... and publicize it. lol
Old Nov 23, 2019, 8:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Bowgie
I will still use PEK for my SHA flights because Daxing is inconvenient for me as well, but I will welcome it with open arms for ATL and DTW.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.