FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Diamond Choice Benefit - Sky Club Guest Pass (Consolidated Thread) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1994659-diamond-choice-benefit-sky-club-guest-pass-consolidated-thread.html)

kazuyuki330 Mar 27, 2019 7:13 am

Originally Posted by suvayanr (Post 30918476)
Yup! Both AX regular platinum and AX DL Reserve work

Thank you!

dmann33 Apr 12, 2019 9:31 am

Originally Posted by suvayanr (Post 30918476)
Yup! Both AX regular platinum and AX DL Reserve work

What if you are using one card, cancel it, then get another qualifying card. (ie, DL Res > AX PL or DL Res > different DL Res)?

Does your 1 + 2 pass remain valid or does it on some way get invalidated if you have no qualify card of a period of time?? Of course, I am not referring to the period w/o the qualifying card, but after getting a different card.

rileydogmi Jul 20, 2019 5:55 pm

I have the reserve card, and have 3 kids (under 21). Both the executive membership and the Delta Sky Club Guest pass indicate 2 guests per visit. However, in the past when I had executive membership, all 3 kids and my wife were admitted without any additional fees. Can I bring my family if I choose the "Delta Sky Club Guest pass" option with my DR card? Or, do I need the exec membership? I ask because the guest pass is only 1 choice benefit and the exec membership is 2. Thanks.

flyerCO Jul 20, 2019 7:22 pm

Does the reserve provide free access or an actual membership to the Skyclub? I thought the reserve provided an actual membership. If that's the case only need to use the one benefit to upgrade to executive. You can also you miles to pay for upgrade to executive if the reserve does in fact grant a regular membership. Hopefully someone can know the answer about membership.

Zorak Jul 20, 2019 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO (Post 31325310)
Does the reserve provide free access or an actual membership to the Skyclub? I thought the reserve provided an actual membership. If that's the case only need to use the one benefit to upgrade to executive. You can also you miles to pay for upgrade to executive if the reserve does in fact grant a regular membership. Hopefully someone can know the answer about membership.

The Reserve card is access, not an actual membership; although I'm not sure there is any functional distinction any more.

Although the T&C for guest access explicitly mention spouse/children under 21 for the Exec membership, there are no T&C for the guest pass that I can find beyond what's on the Choice Benefits page. The intent certainly *seems* to be that the Guest Pass functions as an upgrade-to-Exec for people with DL Reserve or AMEX Plat, but it doesn't mention spouse/children.

Hopefully someone with actual experience will chime in...

WillBarrett_68 Jul 20, 2019 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak (Post 31325340)
The Reserve card is access, not an actual membership; although I'm not sure there is any functional distinction any more.

It's definitely not a membership, but since the changes to partner lounge access there is nothing I'm aware of that is functionally different, though I don't specifically know what they do in this particular case.

NOLAnwGOLD Jul 21, 2019 3:14 pm

So I think the purpose of the guest pass is the basically give you access like an executive membership would. The Reserve card is access only since you must use the card to enter, as well as have a same day Delta ticket. I assume that AMEX pays Delta for each use (hence why you have to use the card to enter) rather than AMEX buying annual membership for each person.

Until recently, if you had SkyClub membership, it didn't matter if you were flying Delta or not. You could enter at any time. I believe the only people that still have access to SkyClubs without a same-day Delta ticket are the people that purchased Northwest lifetime WorldClub memberships (ME!) who have the grandfathered access (lifetime Executive without needing to have a same-day Delta ticket).

My many guests over the years, they don't check BPs and rarely are my guests on the same PNR.

Sounds like you should choose the Guest Pass option and save one of your choices for something else.

Nw_Adventure Jul 23, 2019 10:43 am

Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD (Post 31327419)
So I think the purpose of the guest pass is the basically give you access like an executive membership would. The Reserve card is access only since you must use the card to enter, as well as have a same day Delta ticket. I assume that AMEX pays Delta for each use (hence why you have to use the card to enter) rather than AMEX buying annual membership for each person.

Until recently, if you had SkyClub membership, it didn't matter if you were flying Delta or not. You could enter at any time. I believe the only people that still have access to SkyClubs without a same-day Delta ticket are the people that purchased Northwest lifetime WorldClub memberships (ME!) who have the grandfathered access (lifetime Executive without needing to have a same-day Delta ticket).

My many guests over the years, they don't check BPs and rarely are my guests on the same PNR.

Sounds like you should choose the Guest Pass option and save one of your choices for something else.

Sounds like a sweet deal- I miss NW- Maybe you could just make a quick 3D printer scan of that card and put my name on it- Thx- lol

enoscabell Jul 24, 2019 11:08 am

I don't know how I ever missed this benefit as a choice as a Diamond. I have an Amex plat and a wife and two kids. We're all taking a trip together in a few weeks, so I'll report back if the lounge allows for me to bring in all 3 of them as guests, or if I'm only allowed two. Even if only two, I guess it's not such a bad deal as I'll just pay the $29 fee for one more person.

I still have two unchosen benefits for 2019 and I've already qualified for Diamond for 2020. In this case, it would make sense for me to choose the guest pass benefit as part of my 2020 benefits, since I'd then be covered for the rest of 2019, correct?

stor Aug 17, 2019 10:56 am

Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD (Post 31327419)
So I think the purpose of the guest pass is the basically give you access like an executive membership would.

Up until today I have had no problem getting myself and +3 immediate family members in using my Choice Benefit Guest Pass. But today the SC agent made me pay for the 3rd person. I am pretty upset by this. It is funny that the executive membership explicitly says "spouse and children under 21" but the guest pass ONLY says "2 guests". Anyone have any pointers I can use to argue with Delta CS why they should refund the fee I paid and/or I can use in the future if the SC agent tries to make me pay for the 3rd person again?

Nw_Adventure Aug 17, 2019 11:03 am

Originally Posted by enoscabell (Post 31337800)
I don't know how I ever missed this benefit as a choice as a Diamond. I have an Amex plat and a wife and two kids. We're all taking a trip together in a few weeks, so I'll report back if the lounge allows for me to bring in all 3 of them as guests, or if I'm only allowed two. Even if only two, I guess it's not such a bad deal as I'll just pay the $29 fee for one more person.

I still have two unchosen benefits for 2019 and I've already qualified for Diamond for 2020. In this case, it would make sense for me to choose the guest pass benefit as part of my 2020 benefits, since I'd then be covered for the rest of 2019, correct?

Does S/C really charge $29 per visit on the same day ? I miss the day use passes...

MSPeconomist Aug 17, 2019 5:28 pm

That's been the going rate if you have a DL AmEx card. They haven't sold day passes for several years.

rnbwdsh Nov 8, 2019 1:02 pm

SkyClub guest pass question

Does anyone have experience with the the guest pass choice benefit and children? Specifically I am a family of 4 (spouse, 2 kids). Will all four of us be allowed in SC? I have read the language differences between executive and guest memberships, but it truly seems as though Delta is trying to market guest benefit to be a replacement to executive for those who carry reserve/amex plat. Would love to hear personal experiences of success vs. failure for trying to get spouse + at least 2 dependents in.

WillBarrett_68 Nov 21, 2019 11:45 am

Has anyone actually tried access with the "guest access" choice benefit and their family? I haven't had any trouble with this benefit since selecting it but I haven't traveled with my entire family at the same time since I picked it up.

bgriff Nov 21, 2019 1:08 pm

I don't know how it's been enforced over the years, but the distinction in guest language between exec membership and the guest pass has always been very clear -- noted as early as this post (the first point in that post is no longer a distinction). Annoying if they hadn't been enforcing it as such for a while and have started to do so, though.