FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Diamond Choice Benefit - Sky Club Guest Pass (Consolidated Thread) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1994659-diamond-choice-benefit-sky-club-guest-pass-consolidated-thread.html)

Gig103 Jan 28, 2020 5:40 pm

The consensus is that if you chose the "Guest Pass (Credit Card Access)" option, it is just "two guests", as SLC is handling it. The choice benefit of "Executive Membership" includes two guests OR immediate family. This requires two choices.
https://www.delta.com/us/en/delta-sky-club/house-rules/

ryandc99 Jan 29, 2020 5:03 pm

I have never had any issue taking in 2 guests with the guest pass. It is very clear to me they allow 2 guests.

When games are played with Guest pass, ask for a supervisor, call the diamond line, etc.

flyerCO Jan 29, 2020 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by ryandc99 (Post 32009974)
I have never had any issue taking in 2 guests with the guest pass. It is very clear to me they allow 2 guests.

When games are played with Guest pass, ask for a supervisor, call the diamond line, etc.

I dont think theres any issievwith 2 guest on guest pass. I think issue is children with guest pass, when exceeding two total including them. Some agentacallow, some don't. However this one has really been clear and has never changed from start, guest pass is strictly 2, regardless of if they're your children.

WillBarrett_68 Jan 30, 2020 6:57 am

Originally Posted by readywhenyouare (Post 32002323)
I can't believe Delta hasn't tightened down on this. Executive membership should only allow two extra warm bodies, period.

"should" based on ... what? It's an arbitrary rule, there is no "should."

badgerchemist Mar 1, 2020 4:49 pm

Delta Skyclub Guest Pass

Hey All:

New DM here, and I chose the guest pass as one of my choice benefits. I don't see anything reflected in my profile confirming the guest pass at all. Should it show up somewhere? Does it go into the wallet?

Thanks in advance for anyone that can shed some light on this for me!

Cheers!

flyerUSA Dec 6, 2020 12:32 pm

SkyClub guest / Choice Benefits options

I've been mostly grounded this year because of covid.

I used to have the Platinum Amex + the Delta Sky Club Guest Pass (Diamond choice benefit).

Here's my situation...
- Finally going to be traveling again this week, with my partner, and we want to use the lounge.
- I haven't chosen any of my 2020 Diamond benefits yet, so the last time we had "Guest Pass" rights was in January 2020.
- I don't want to blow my "Choice Benefit" on SkyClub guest access for my partner if it's only going to be of use to us, on this one roundtrip, and then expires already on January 31.
- I also know the food & beverage situation in the clubs is very "meh" so the $39 fee seems like a poorer value than usual, at the moment.

Questions / ideas / comparing to the other choice benefits...

* Is there a miles option these days, to get into the club? I know the website says the $59/5000 mile guest pass is discontinued but I'm wondering if there's a mileage alternative for the current $39 fee. If I can buy guest entry with miles...that would make the 25,000 mile choice benefit a good pick, spend some miles on a couple visits and still have some leftover.

* If I selected the $200 travel voucher...can I use that toward the $39 skyclub guest fee? Also would leave me with something leftover.

* Has Delta extended the rules/expiration at all, for the Skyclub Guest option, because of covid? If he could be a guest beyond January that would also be a nicer option.

Thanks all, stay safe.

flyerCO Dec 7, 2020 3:15 am

Originally Posted by marcworld (Post 32866910)
I've been mostly grounded this year because of covid.

I used to have the Platinum Amex + the Delta Sky Club Guest Pass (Diamond choice benefit).

Here's my situation...
- Finally going to be traveling again this week, with my partner, and we want to use the lounge.
- I haven't chosen any of my 2020 Diamond benefits yet, so the last time we had "Guest Pass" rights was in January 2020.
- I don't want to blow my "Choice Benefit" on SkyClub guest access for my partner if it's only going to be of use to us, on this one roundtrip, and then expires already on January 31.
- I also know the food & beverage situation in the clubs is very "meh" so the $39 fee seems like a poorer value than usual, at the moment.

Questions / ideas / comparing to the other choice benefits...

* Is there a miles option these days, to get into the club? I know the website says the $59/5000 mile guest pass is discontinued but I'm wondering if there's a mileage alternative for the current $39 fee. If I can buy guest entry with miles...that would make the 25,000 mile choice benefit a good pick, spend some miles on a couple visits and still have some leftover.

* If I selected the $200 travel voucher...can I use that toward the $39 skyclub guest fee? Also would leave me with something leftover.

* Has Delta extended the rules/expiration at all, for the Skyclub Guest option, because of covid? If he could be a guest beyond January that would also be a nicer option.

Thanks all, stay safe.

1. You can ask. You're supposed to be able to pay for fees with miles. However as the rate wasnt great I don't know anyone whose tried.
  2. No. Ecredits can't be used except for actual tickets.
  3. Anyone with an active membership back in March had their membership extended by six months. They did this by adding a six month membership effective day after your current expires. Thus if you pull card up in system it'll show your current membership expiration. You have to got delta.com or call to see the 6 month extension before current expires. This includes those from choice benefits. However this only applies to those that had chosen the benefit when they extended. If you choose it now, no 6 month extension.

mattp1987 Dec 8, 2020 2:19 pm

Depending on your travel patterns, I can think of two options.

1. You could cancel your unbranded Platinum card and apply for a Delta Reserve card. That comes with two Sky Club guest passes each year including at sign-up and the same SC access as the Platinum card. (Note, one big disadvantage is that while the DL Reserve card provides Centurion Lounge access, that is only in conjunction with a same-day Delta flight.)
2. You can add up to 3 additional cardholders to your AmEx Platinum account for $175/year. They get the same lounge benefits as you even when not traveling with you including their own Priority Pass card as well as the Marriott and Hilton status benefits. If your partner ever travels without you this might be worthwhile, and you could also add others you trust with a card such as your parents or siblings.

flyerUSA Dec 8, 2020 3:04 pm

Thanks for the tips! Both of the credit card hacks did occur to me....but sadly....

I could convert my Delta Blue back up to Delta Reserve....but I called to check and Delta tells me the guest passes are per club not per day, and we are have connecting flights....so with 4-6 airports in the trip overall (need an espresso upon arrival!) and blowing the guest passes, we'd still only be able to hit 2 of them.

Then I thought about adding users to my Platinum card, but it's the business card and an additional business ("employee") user is $300 each, instead of a 3-pack for $175. Huge difference, and...the new card wouldn't have come soon enough anyway. Seems like a lot of overhead, calling Amex, changing cards, going on a trip, calling back to downgrade cards again....I mean, I've certainly done things this crazy before but covid 2020 has worn me down, I just don't have the appetite.

So...I guess I'm going to just eat it and select the benefit.

Maybe.

(Also considering shlepping over to TBIT in LAX to use the Amex lounge instead but that's probably a long trek? And a topic for another thread....)

mattp1987 Dec 8, 2020 3:37 pm

In the current climate, it’s probably much easier to do grab and go than it used to be. Even pre-COVID, despite the rules saying all food and drink was for consumption in the SC most lounges had to-go cups by the coffee/espresso machines.

There’s a bus that runs from the Delta terminals to TBIT, but the Centurion Lounge website says it’s only open for takeout right now. Maybe someone who has been through LAX lately can weigh in on whether this rule applies to the Sky Club as well.

Due to local government directives, The Centurion® Lounge at LAX is not offering in-lounge seating or dining and instead is providing grab-and-go pre-packaged food and beverage options for Card Members to enjoy outside of the lounge.

MSPeconomist Dec 8, 2020 4:43 pm

Check in the COVID lounge closures etc. thread here, but IIRC the LAX SC allows people to sit, use restrooms, etc. but all F&B are grab and go.

flyerCO Dec 8, 2020 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by mattp1987 (Post 32872072)
In the current climate, it’s probably much easier to do grab and go than it used to be. Even pre-COVID, despite the rules saying all food and drink was for consumption in the SC most lounges had to-go cups by the coffee/espresso machines.

There’s a bus that runs from the Delta terminals to TBIT, but the Centurion Lounge website says it’s only open for takeout right now. Maybe someone who has been through LAX lately can weigh in on whether this rule applies to the Sky Club as well.

You can sit inside, but all drinks/food must be taken togo and consumed outside lounge.

rnbwdsh Feb 1, 2021 2:29 pm

Choice benefit clarification (guest pass) Please help!

Trying to find clarity if anyone can help. Does the guest pass choice benefit allow for spouse + children under 21 similar to the executive membership? On the choice benefit selection page the wording is identical and does not mention children under 21. It only states “2 guests” for both the executive and the guest pass. On DL’s web page describing all the types of SC access, only the Executive membership is listed (not the guest pass). The executive pass DOES say on the web page that spouse + children under 21 receive access.

So, is the guest pass basically an executive pass for reserve card holders, or does it function differently??

kchengg1 Jun 13, 2021 12:54 pm

Sky Club agent used my Delta Reserve pass instead of my Diamond Choice Benefit (Free Guests on top of an eligible credit card), and said that it will now show as 3 versus 4 but I should get it back soon. Has this happened to anyone? I want to make sure I get it back without having to call the 2 hour wait Diamond desk

flyerCO Jul 10, 2021 11:25 pm

CB Huest pass with 2ndry Reserve card

How does CB guest pass (for Skyclub) work if you have a Reserve card, but it's an authorized user card, not primary. I get SC access since pay the fee to have an actual reserve card. However it doesn't "link" to my account since I'm not the primary account holder.