Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

quick basic gate pass/refundable ticket q

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

quick basic gate pass/refundable ticket q

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2019, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by CarmenOM
I would have expected that your same-day boarding pass (if you hadn’t thrown it away) would have gotten you back through security. I know that at some airports arriving passengers can go back through security if they find they have a long wait for an airport pickup and want to get a meal.
Nope, I tried that first and TSA didn’t take it.
Or actually maybe I didn’t because I was using the app and it had already gone away, so I could only show them my itinerary? Can’t remember exactly, but they definitely wouldn’t take what I had available at that point.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 8:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
You need a boarding pass, not just an itinerary, to go through TSA airport security.

In my case, I showed my used paper boarding pass for the inbound flight *TO* MSP.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 10:57 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
At MSP this works--I once went back airside to use the SC while waiting for luggage that was on the next flight, rather than having it delivered the next day--but you don't get PreCheck even if it's on the boarding pass. [You can use elite lines; I'm not sure about CLEAR.]
Yes, it definitely works at MSP, although I didn’t realize that you can’t use (or re-use) PreCheck. At MSP you can also use a same-day boarding pass to access either Terminal 1 or Terminal 2, for example departing from Terminal 2 but wanting to have lunch with someone leaving from Terminal 1.

You cannot return airside after arrival on an international flight unless you have an onward connection.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.