Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SDC / SDS with infant in arms?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2019, 7:18 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by btonkid12345
A Diamond Desk agent wanted to charge a DM $75 to SDC the infant-in-arms? That's insane.
I was surprised too. Because I've done it once before and the agent never mentioned a charge. But this agent said the lap infant is a ticketed passenger on the reservation, without elite status, so the system asked for a collection to process the change. Dropping the lap infant and re-adding at the airport (or anytime after the SDC is processed) is a work-around if you don't want to pay.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Billy Mumphrey
I was surprised too. Because I've done it once before and the agent never mentioned a charge. But this agent said the lap infant is a ticketed passenger on the reservation, without elite status, so the system asked for a collection to process the change. Dropping the lap infant and re-adding at the airport (or anytime after the SDC is processed) is a work-around if you don't want to pay.
Agent can override system, just was lazy or didn't care.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.