Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta’s LGA Concourse and Terminal Upgrades

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta’s LGA Concourse and Terminal Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2020, 11:59 pm

Programs: DL DM/ 2MM, BA Silver, Amtrak Select Executive, SPG Life Plat/Amb, Fairmont Preferred
Any new pictures of LGA? I haven't been there since March (used to be there several times a week for 20 years).

Interested in whether/how they've accelerated any of the building plans while traffic is down.
AeRoSpaceman likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 7:25 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Some timeline updates for the entire project:
https://www.enr.com/articles/50506-f...-modernization
N830MH likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2020, 12:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I was just flying out of the new G (really for now the high D gates) this week and it’s already falling apart as far as the eye can tell......there’s cardboard as a floor as you enter and huge floor to ceiling tarps covering off a large area saying “Pardon our Dust”.

Guessing water damage so soon?
Old Nov 11, 2020, 2:31 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
I was just flying out of the new G (really for now the high D gates) this week and it’s already falling apart as far as the eye can tell......there’s cardboard as a floor as you enter and huge floor to ceiling tarps covering off a large area saying “Pardon our Dust”.

Disappointing but that sounds like NYC craftsmanship.
dw and cmd320 like this.
Old Nov 11, 2020, 2:38 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Are we sure it's not construction to eventually replace the temporary old terminal-new concourse connector with the future new headhouse-new concourse connection? Your description makes it sound like it would be in the right area for that kind of thing.
Old Nov 23, 2020, 1:42 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Gold
Here’s what the former low-C/future E gates looks like from the C SkyClub yesterday:

bgriff and ekozie like this.
Old Nov 30, 2020, 8:18 pm

I arrived into the high D/future G gates tonight. Is this what you were seeing? I could kinda see behind it and they were installing the escalators and didn’t look like water damage (it was storming pretty bad in NYC so water would be flowing if there was a problem!)

Old Nov 30, 2020, 8:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by allseas1586
I arrived into the high D/future G gates tonight. Is this what you were seeing? I could kinda see behind it and they were installing the escalators and didn’t look like water damage (it was storming pretty bad in NYC so water would be flowing if there was a problem!)

What I saw was very different
Old Dec 1, 2020, 6:46 am

Programs: DL D, UA 1k, Mar T
Originally Posted by bgriff
Are we sure it's not construction to eventually replace the temporary old terminal-new concourse connector with the future new headhouse-new concourse connection? Your description makes it sound like it would be in the right area for that kind of thing.
you are correct!
Old Dec 1, 2020, 10:47 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by allseas1586

At first glance I didn't realize the escalators at the bottom were just a photo and was trying to make the scale of the overall picture work with those being real escalators and I was really confused
AeRoSpaceman and allseas1586 like this.
Old Dec 1, 2020, 1:56 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by bgriff
At first glance I didn't realize the escalators at the bottom were just a photo and was trying to make the scale of the overall picture work with those being real escalators and I was really confused
LOL -- "What is this, AN AIRPORT FOR ANTS??!?!?"
AeRoSpaceman and ekozie like this.
Old Dec 9, 2020, 12:43 am

Programs: DL DM/ 2MM, BA Silver, Amtrak Select Executive, SPG Life Plat/Amb, Fairmont Preferred
No new status updates? It's a shame the official LGA airport expansion website doesn't really have a new post since late last summer...
Old Dec 9, 2020, 6:27 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
Originally Posted by PersonalFlotationDevice
No new status updates? It's a shame the official LGA airport expansion website doesn't really have a new post since late last summer...
The official website is more focused on the CTB, since that's the PANYNJ and LGA Gateway Partners project, and Delta is handling their terminal rebuild in-house (no, really, Delta is the general contractor for the project). Even so, they've barely updated that site in the last half-decade that this project has been happening.

I should be able to report back on the status of the Delta construction next week, barring COVID shenanigans.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 8:21 pm

I'll do a quick bump in my selfish desire to hear/see what's the latest at LGA DL terminals...

I'm projecting that I might be able to fly from LGA DL in March/April--that would be the longest duration over which I've not seen DL (or PMNW) LGA in 19 years so far as I can tell--or any airport/airline in 27 years (which I'm more certain about).

Hoping that they're getting all the construction done more quickly, a rare bright spot in a poop year...

Last edited by PersonalFlotationDevice; Dec 22, 2020 at 8:28 pm
Old Dec 23, 2020, 6:56 am

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
I was there last week on Wednesday during Snowmageddon. I am in and out of LGA 2-3x month.

The new side of D is nice (the gates in the 90s). It is a bit of a deceptive hike from the new D to the "old" D where the D skyclub is. Not crazy, but just longer than it looks. The old D is still the exact same. You can not walk to C using the walkway anymore. You have to take a bus that leaves out of one of the end D gates D6 in order to get to C. C is largely unchanged as well once you get there. you cant go much further back towards D past security since that's where a lot of the demolition took place.

They are taking the travel restriction a little more seriously than they did a few weeks ago. We were greeted by two national guardsmen when we deplaned asking to see our completed form. They glanced at it and then let me pass. Also, as you are leaving the C gates there were two guardsman at the top of the inclined walkway right before you turn left to go to the C club checking again.

Also, in the D club they are constantly patrolling to make sure your mask only comes down during an active bite of food or sip of drink. I didn't see that quite as much in C.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.