Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta’s LGA Concourse and Terminal Upgrades

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta’s LGA Concourse and Terminal Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2019, 8:19 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Platinum, Former Amtrak Select, Former Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
of all the things to nitpick with TPG this seems like a really weird one
I think most NYers probably aren't completely aware of exactly where the boundary is between the East River and the Long Island Sound. In my experience many think the Harlem River is the northern part of the East River and don't realize the East River doesn't really run between Manhattan and The Bronx.

You're technically correct, the best type of correct.

Last edited by lost_perspicacity; Nov 18, 2019 at 8:42 am
Old Nov 18, 2019, 9:00 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by lost_perspicacity
I think most NYers probably aren't completely aware of exactly where the boundary is between the East River and the Long Island Sound. In my experience many think the Harlem River is the northern part of the East River and don't realize the East River doesn't really run between Manhattan and The Bronx.

You're technically correct, the best type of correct.
And even if they are aware, they don't agree on how to spell it.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 9:22 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
And - the East River isn't a river. It's a salt water tidal estuary.
Skyboy2006 and aryan like this.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 9:25 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Also most people who refer to themselves as New Yorker's are immigrants. As far as I know, they don't teach New York City history or geography in Iowa, Minnesota, et.al.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by SuperG1955
And - the East River isn't a river. It's a salt water tidal estuary.
Also, the Hudson is technically a fjord.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 1:30 pm

the hudson river is a river. It flows through a fjord for the very last part of its run.
aryan likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
the hudson river is a river. It flows through a fjord for the very last part of its run.
Correct.

I'm wondering if DL can start selling 'A Poor man's Fjord Excursion Package"?

It would be a BE flight to LGA, and a Full Day Cruise to Bear Mountain. (The cruise is actually very nice although I don't think it compares to cruising the Sognefjord.)
Old Nov 18, 2019, 2:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
OT, but the sad thing is that the real original TPG (Brian) would know this as he lived in the NYC area for years, IIRC in one of the trendy neighborhoods (Williamsburg?) near the East River.
He lives (or used to live in) SoHo as I’ve seen him walking his dog many times.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 7:07 pm

Programs: DL DM; Marriott Ambasador Elite
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
I actually know the building he lives in. It is in that part of FiDi that an aggressive real estate agent will attempt to pass off as Tribeca. And I know that he’s lived there for some time.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 7:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
This would be the French bulldog that he got as a puppy? I've met that dog too. He brought it to some event and it was the hit of the evening.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 9:27 am
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
I have reopened this thread, please keep thread on topic.

Ryandc99
Delta Moderator
Old Dec 2, 2019, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This message is showing under "Trip Notifications" in Manage My Trips for an upcoming (non-Shuttle) flight from LGA:

LGA Delta Shuttle® Changes
All Shuttle® flights at LGA have relocated to the new gates at Terminal D. Continue to speed through security with Shuttle access to the Sky Priority® lane and other expedited security options such as CLEAR® and TSA PreCheck.

Does this also mean that all shuttle passengers get SkyPriority security access (if they don't already have pre-check/Clear)? I wasn't aware.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 9:51 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by ijgordon
This message is showing under "Trip Notifications" in Manage My Trips for an upcoming (non-Shuttle) flight from LGA:

LGA Delta Shuttle® Changes
All Shuttle® flights at LGA have relocated to the new gates at Terminal D. Continue to speed through security with Shuttle access to the Sky Priority® lane and other expedited security options such as CLEAR® and TSA PreCheck.

Does this also mean that all shuttle passengers get SkyPriority security access (if they don't already have pre-check/Clear)? I wasn't aware.
There is a dedicated security entrance for Shuttle passengers as one of the marketed features of the Shuttle. I think it is separate from SkyPriority but not 100% sure especially with the security checkpoint having been slightly reconfigured when the new gates opened.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 7:17 pm

Programs: DL D, UA 1k, Mar T
For those keepings tabs on terminal b, the bridge and headhouse is scheduled to open in late April or early mayb(originally 1/1 then 4/1). Not bad delaywise for such a massive project. Testing starts in about a month. Exciting stuff. The Delta project is nearly a year behind schedule. The D gates were, what 7months late?
bgriff likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 7:40 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
I haven't been to LGA since before Christmas, have they closed the eastern half of Terminal C to proceed with the next phase of Delta terminal construction yet?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.