Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"You're #1 on the waitlist"

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2019, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by MikeNYC1
Perhaps I've mis-read, but from the GUC thread, I'd gleaned that a RUC and a GUC sit at the same priority, and a GUC doesn't trump a RUC?
I don't think there's any official, published rule on this
Old Sep 27, 2019, 12:21 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by CloneCones
Well the seats are gone now anyway must've sold the upgrade. 0/5 on attempting to use a RUC. God these are worth less
I have had the same luck as you on RUC's. Looking like 4 will expire this year or be used on some short hop.

Recently looking to go to LAS and had a 7 day flexibility (no huge conferences going on) and nada on space on any route there or back any time of the day. Ended up just buying the F using PWM as it was a brutal stretch of travel and didn't want to be in Y.

Only one I ever got to clear in advance was ATL-SJU and my boss who was Gold ended up getting upgraded day of back in 2017.

I am sure there are many who deem them valuable though and have success with them. Unfortunately haven't been one of them.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 5:23 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Originally Posted by MikeNYC1
Perhaps I've mis-read, but from the GUC thread, I'd gleaned that a RUC and a GUC sit at the same priority, and a GUC doesn't trump a RUC?
I've been specifically told multiple times by DM desk agents that GUCs and RUCs are identical when it comes to hierarchy.
Old Sep 28, 2019, 5:25 am

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Dia, Avis Pres Club
Originally Posted by TheHorta
I've been specifically told multiple times by DM desk agents that GUCs and RUCs are identical when it comes to hierarchy.
And I have been told many times a GUC has higher priority. So does anybody know for sure?
Old Sep 28, 2019, 9:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Singleflyer
And I have been told many times a GUC has higher priority. So does anybody know for sure?
I think we know that DL agents make up stuff when they don't know.
WillBarrett_68 likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2019, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I think we know that DL agents make up stuff when they don't know.
I thought GUC had a different code than RUC and thus higher priority?
Old Sep 28, 2019, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by mnredfox
I thought GUC had a different code than RUC and thus higher priority?
There's no evidence of that, as far as I have seen, and I can't really see any logic behind Delta doing it.
Old Sep 28, 2019, 8:21 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, SM Diamond
I find this on the thepointguy.

"A Diamond elite applying a GUC is at the top of any Delta waitlist for an upgrade and can usually count on at least one seat not being sold on a long-haul flight".
Old Sep 28, 2019, 9:13 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, SM Diamond
Ask Delta on Twitter...

"For a domestic flight, if I use a GUC (Global Upgrade Certificate), dit I will have "priority over a RUC (Regional Upgrade Certificate) in the wait list ?"

Answer from Delta:

"No, using a GUC will not give you a higher priority over using a RUC while on the wait list.".
Old Sep 28, 2019, 11:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold, Hertz President's Club
Originally Posted by TheHorta
You mean the same DM desk agents that insist you need a YBM fare to use a GUC on KL. Great source and we should all breathe a sigh of relief we finally have an honest answer, lol.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.