Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Diamond access to KLM lounge AMS

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2019, 6:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
What status were you using? If you're just a no-status J passenger, you're not entitled to any guests. If you have skyteam elite plus status, you need to write to whatever airline you have that status from and let them know you were denied a guest.
It might have been an extra guest beyond the first one.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 7:32 pm

yeah could be, "extra guest" sounds like he probably did get the first one free.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 12:15 am

Originally Posted by lucycan
Really just looking for a place for my 2 small children to nap. I was thinking there were some public areas at AMS for this, but I think the quiet room at the KLM lounge would be better. Open to ideas.
What is your itinerary? There is a baby lounge which you can access, but I believe it is in the non-schengen area so you might have to plan your transfer carefully.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 9:18 am

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Tacking my own question here:

I presume there is no Arrivals Lounge at AMS?

Wife and I — both DMs arriving on KLM J tix next week — are terminating in AMS. Our travel companions arrive 3-4 hours later, so we have time to kill. I like the new KLM lounge at 52, but that’s departure-only, correct?

ETA: I just signed up for the Schipol VIP service. Does anyone have any experience with that service? Is it similar to AF La Premiere? It *seems* like it can be used for arrivals.

Last edited by TheHorta; Sep 2, 2019 at 9:26 am
Old Sep 2, 2019, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by TheHorta
[left]Tacking my own question here:

I presume there is no Arrivals Lounge at AMS?

Wife and I — both DMs arriving on KLM J tix next week — are terminating in AMS. Our travel companions arrive 3-4 hours later, so we have time to kill. I like the new KLM lounge at 52, but that’s departure-only, correct?
Correct. there is no arrivals lounge at AMS unless things have changed recently. Kill time in town.
TheHorta likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 10:16 am

Programs: DL DM; AFKL FBE; ITA Exec
Back to original question, if you're SkyTeam elite/+ traveling on same-day itinerary you *should* have access for yourself and one other at KL lounge outside the C gates. I think that if you have small children they'll wave one in too, as I have known this to happen, but if it is quite busy (and it can be in early morning and later afternoon), they might take a hard line. Be polite and explain your situation, and most agents are kind enough. If not there are quiet corners and kid-friendly places in Schipol.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 2:07 pm

Programs: Delta
Sorry if I wasn't clear. One guest free, extra guests beyond that at ~69 Euros each is what I was told.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.