Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Vacations 2cpm

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2019, 9:05 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond (MM), Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by Adam1222
At the Hilton Copacabana, I did not (nor did I expect to), though I did get my elite benefits.
^^This too. If you email Hilton, they will attach your number and you'll get your regular benefits...which is mighty nice.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 9:08 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by bigcahonna
For people who have stayed at one of the major hotel companies using Delta Vacations (Marriott, Hilton, IHG), did you end up getting the night credits to count toward status?
It's also a no for IHG, but adding your IHG number can get you elite benefits.
bonoman likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by bigcahonna
For people who have stayed at one of the major hotel companies using Delta Vacations (Marriott, Hilton, IHG), did you end up getting the night credits to count toward status?
No elite nights from Marriott, but I did get points for the restaurant spend and Titanium welcome gift, after emailing to request the credit. I was able to get my Bonvoy number added to the reservation by emailing the hotel directly before my stay.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 9:24 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum, IHG Diamond, AA Plat Pro
Can also confirm, did not receive any elite nights for Hilton. Also, was not given any Hilton Diamond benefits either (had pre-attached the reservation to my Hilton account, but the manager said I shouldn't have done that and that I was not allowed to get free breakfast). This was at the Hilton Garden Inn in Kauai.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 9:51 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, AA EXP, DL PM, AS 100k (fake), B6 M3 (fake), BA Gold (fake), UA FO.
Did not receive elite nights at Grand Hyatt downtown SF, but got the elite benefits. (Although I've found that this property always goes above and beyond, so YMMV elsewhere.)
Old Dec 11, 2019, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by uitailgater
No elite nights from Marriott, but I did get points for the restaurant spend and Titanium welcome gift, after emailing to request the credit. I was able to get my Bonvoy number added to the reservation by emailing the hotel directly before my stay.
This is super interesting. I was about to post you do get a credit although it's strange and still can't figure out what happened. I stayed a few nights and received only 1 nights credit but the fascinating thing was the amount of points I received. I spent ~$700 at the resort through restaurants pool side drinks and ended up with 37,000 pts for my stay. All through Delta vacation. I have absolutely no idea why I got that much. I thought it would just be for the food spend.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 5:07 pm

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian320
This is super interesting. I was about to post you do get a credit although it's strange and still can't figure out what happened. I stayed a few nights and received only 1 nights credit but the fascinating thing was the amount of points I received. I spent ~$700 at the resort through restaurants pool side drinks and ended up with 37,000 pts for my stay. All through Delta vacation. I have absolutely no idea why I got that much. I thought it would just be for the food spend.
Did you charge everything to the room for spend tracking?

As other have also noted about Hilton your account won't be automatically attached to the hotel reservation so you must enter or call it in.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
I called Hilton with my confirmation number and they could or would not (said they couldn't) put my HHonors number on it. They transferred me to the Conrad Fort Lauderdale and they put it on in about two seconds. I am Lifetime so I don't care about nights but would like to squeeze any benefits I can out of them but not expecting a lot, maybe a better room. I would be thrilled with breakfast. Not expecting a waiver of the resort fee but will take it if offered.
AeRoSpaceman likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by indufan
I called Hilton with my confirmation number and they could or would not (said they couldn't) put my HHonors number on it. They transferred me to the Conrad Fort Lauderdale and they put it on in about two seconds. I am Lifetime so I don't care about nights but would like to squeeze any benefits I can out of them but not expecting a lot, maybe a better room. I would be thrilled with breakfast. Not expecting a waiver of the resort fee but will take it if offered.
I did the same thing. Called up Hilton and they would not touch it. Called the hotel directly and they added my number in which ALSO shows up now in my DL vacations reservation. Not really expecting much of anything but as you said a room upgrade would be nice.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by linke3
Can also confirm, did not receive any elite nights for Hilton. Also, was not given any Hilton Diamond benefits either (had pre-attached the reservation to my Hilton account, but the manager said I shouldn't have done that and that I was not allowed to get free breakfast). This was at the Hilton Garden Inn in Kauai.
That's interesting. I took the wife to Hilton Waikiloa Village in October. I called prior to arrival and they were happy to attach my Honors number to the reservation. I didn't get any credit at all for food & bev that I charged to my room, but did get a free upgrade to ocean view, and free breakfast buffet for both of us each day.
AeRoSpaceman likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 11:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I really haven't booked at a chain hotel via a site like Delta Vacations before this, but it sure feels like the food and bev should count for points even if the room doesn't. That's still optional revenue brought to the hotel by a loyal customer and no affiliate or travel agent is taking a cut of it. With Hyatt and the old SPG, if you paid for that stuff separately, you could claim for points for it.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern
I really haven't booked at a chain hotel via a site like Delta Vacations before this, but it sure feels like the food and bev should count for points even if the room doesn't. That's still optional revenue brought to the hotel by a loyal customer and no affiliate or travel agent is taking a cut of it. With Hyatt and the old SPG, if you paid for that stuff separately, you could claim for points for it.
I had more or less the same thought, but I feel like we got such a smoking deal that I didn't bother pursuing the issue. Spent 129k Skymiles to get 2 RT tickets from PDX to KOA in First, plus 4 days/3 nights at HWV. Earned back 18.5K Skymiles for me and around 15K for the wife, plus almost 9600 MQMs for the trip AND almost $1700 MQD each.

The on-property spend was something like $500 or $600 - which I paid with Hilton Surpass (or whatever they are calling it this week) so I got some credit that way.

All in all, while I didn't claw out every possible point, I feel like we did pretty well!
AeRoSpaceman likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 12:12 am

Originally Posted by Qwkynuf
I had more or less the same thought, but I feel like we got such a smoking deal that I didn't bother pursuing the issue. Spent 129k Skymiles to get 2 RT tickets from PDX to KOA in First, plus 4 days/3 nights at HWV. Earned back 18.5K Skymiles for me and around 15K for the wife, plus almost 9600 MQMs for the trip AND almost $1700 MQD each.

The on-property spend was something like $500 or $600 - which I paid with Hilton Surpass (or whatever they are calling it this week) so I got some credit that way.

All in all, while I didn't claw out every possible point, I feel like we did pretty well!
Did they charge your a per day resort fee? That is what is killing me for my upcoming trip to the HHV in HNL from the promo.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 12:50 am

Originally Posted by AeRoSpaceman
Did they charge your a per day resort fee? That is what is killing me for my upcoming trip to the HHV in HNL from the promo.
Yes, that's the first time I have had to pay it there - every other time I have stayed on points and had it waived. The biggest chunk of the $500-$600 was the resort fee and valet parking. We had one dinner at their steak house and one at the cantina, we upgraded to the full breakfast buffet both days that we ate there, and I think we had a ice cream at the ice cream stand - and charged it all to our room.

The fees were painful, but I told myself that it was a small price compared to what we had saved. Our total cash outlay for the airfare and the hotel room, on top of the Skymiles, was $51.00. The rental car from National was free, apart from $60 or so in taxes & fees. We had one lunch off site. So our total cash out-of-pocket was on the order of 800 bucks.

The gist of it is that I will very probably do something like that again next year if they offer a similar deal.
AeRoSpaceman likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 1:58 am

Originally Posted by Qwkynuf
Yes, that's the first time I have had to pay it there - every other time I have stayed on points and had it waived. The biggest chunk of the $500-$600 was the resort fee and valet parking. We had one dinner at their steak house and one at the cantina, we upgraded to the full breakfast buffet both days that we ate there, and I think we had a ice cream at the ice cream stand - and charged it all to our room.

The fees were painful, but I told myself that it was a small price compared to what we had saved. Our total cash outlay for the airfare and the hotel room, on top of the Skymiles, was $51.00. The rental car from National was free, apart from $60 or so in taxes & fees. We had one lunch off site. So our total cash out-of-pocket was on the order of 800 bucks.

The gist of it is that I will very probably do something like that again next year if they offer a similar deal.
I am looking at that exact same type of trip. Thank you for posting this. I don't have a rental car booked yet but I think once I do it will be ~$800-$1000 thousand for a six night stay with first class there and back out of pocket after "fees". Can't beat that summer deal. Thanks again and this is what FT is about.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.