Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

No IFE between Dublin and Atlanta--Delta handled it correctly!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No IFE between Dublin and Atlanta--Delta handled it correctly!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2019, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by blagger
No lounge access for DL Y passengers. Not even DMs. But you do get lounge access if flying Y as Elite+ (GM/PM/DM) on other Skyteam airlines!
there aren't any other skyteam airlines operating out of the DUB US-preclearance area.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 2:36 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
there aren't any other skyteam airlines operating out of the DUB US-preclearance area.
51st is not a Sky Team lounge. It is a generic lounge and available to Biz class pax, or for pay. And, AFAIK, 51st does not offer admission to anybody based on status.

There is no Sky Team lounge in DUB.

Last edited by exwannabe; Aug 22, 2019 at 2:42 pm
Old Aug 22, 2019, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by exwannabe
51st is not a Sky Team lounge. It is a generic lounge and available to Biz class pax, or for pay. 51st does not offer admission to anybody based on status.

There is no Sky Team lounge in DUB. And, AFAIK,
no where did he say it was. Also 51st does offer access based on status, just not for those flying DL.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Also 51st does offer access based on status, just not for those flying DL.
I think a better way to put it is that 51st offers access to anyone who the airline will pay for, and Delta will not pay for their own elites (while most others will)
Old Aug 22, 2019, 3:50 pm

I should have been clearer. I wasn't referring to a specific lounge, just the lounge access rules for Delta Elite+.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 4:03 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, 2 MM
My IFE was not working a couple of weeks ago AMS-DTW and I got 15,000 miles.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 4:08 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, 2 MM
I am flying DUB-ATL D1 in about three weeks on a 767-400. So I should assume there will be no IFE? I am confused by some of the comments here.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 4:17 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Was on an A330 BCN-ATL earlier this year with no IfE. Purser told me it was a known issue on the flight in from JFK (actually happened on the inbound to JFK before coming to BCN).

Nothing proactive from Delta and no pro active offer of compensation. Had to write in.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 9:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by btonkid12345
While I applaud Delta for announcing it in advance, owning it, and transparently announcing it multiple times - these are all excellent -

why isn't it working? Do they just not have the media servers for the new 764s yet?

Also, 7,500 miles seems low. I think they should be doling out 15K for non-status passengers and 30K for Medallions in a case like this, maybe more [using the same dynamic pricing scheme they price their awards with, lolz]
Well, the spin in the letter was that the IFE wasn't working because the aircraft had just returned from being renovated, and it wasn't yet working. But it was rather vaguely worded, so they have plausible deniability if they lied.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 9:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by btonkid12345
While I applaud Delta for announcing it in advance, owning it, and transparently announcing it multiple times - these are all excellent -

why isn't it working? Do they just not have the media servers for the new 764s yet?

Also, 7,500 miles seems low. I think they should be doling out 15K for non-status passengers and 30K for Medallions in a case like this, maybe more [using the same dynamic pricing scheme they price their awards with, lolz]
Originally Posted by jaimemayo
I am flying DUB-ATL D1 in about three weeks on a 767-400. So I should assume there will be no IFE? I am confused by some of the comments here.
Who knows? You'd think in that amount of time, they'd finally get it operating. But the impression I had was that they had been forced to move this aircraft into service earlier than they had planned because of problems with the original aircraft. But if they follow the pattern, they'll let you know ahead of time.
jaimemayo likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 11:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by jaimemayo
No. Theres only 1 renovated 764 in service. This is only plane with issue.
jaimemayo likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 6:36 am

I should have been clearer. I wasn't referring to a specific lounge, just the lounge access rules for Delta Elite+.
well, that doesn't really help the OP since they're flying DUB-US, and in that case this is STILL incorrect.

No lounge access for DL Y passengers. Not even DMs. But you do get lounge access if flying Y as Elite+ (GM/PM/DM) on other Skyteam airlines!
DL does of course give lounge access to GM/PM/DM both in their own skyclubs and lounges operated by skyteam members, as all skyteam member airlines do (it's an alliance-wide benefit for elite+ flyers).

Perhaps you meant Delta doesn't give access to third-party lounges for STE+ passengers.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 6:47 am

well, that doesn't really help the OP since they're flying DUB-US, and in that case this is STILL incorrect.
If flying DUB-US on DL there is no lounge access. If flying DUB-anywhere (including the US, via CDG/AMS) on Skyteam partners there is lounge access.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by apodo77
Was on an A330 BCN-ATL earlier this year with no IfE. Purser told me it was a known issue on the flight in from JFK (actually happened on the inbound to JFK before coming to BCN).

Nothing proactive from Delta and no pro active offer of compensation. Had to write in.
Me too, on a LHR-JFK flight two weeks ago - got nothing!
Old Aug 23, 2019, 8:07 am

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
If flying DUB-US on DL there is no lounge access. If flying DUB-anywhere (including the US, via CDG/AMS) on Skyteam partners there is lounge access.
Where is there any lounge access in DUB airport based on being a Sky Team Elite? I still can not find it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.