Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta exiting NRT, ending NRT-SIN and moving MNL flight to ICN

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta exiting NRT, ending NRT-SIN and moving MNL flight to ICN

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2019, 9:05 pm

Programs: Delta PM, SPG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, AVIS Preferred Plus
I am flying SIN-NRT Tomorrow. I guess Sep 21st is the last date?

Originally Posted by anon2k2
I'm on DL168 this morning. Over the intercom in the terminal the Pilots and Cabin crew thanked the ground staff and security staff for their years of service. It's the last flight here for this particular crew.

I briefly chatted with the captain and copilot before boarding and they were really sad to be done with the route. The captain said he'd been on the rotation for NRT-SIN for 20 plus years.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 3:16 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Love_Travel
I am flying SIN-NRT Tomorrow. I guess Sep 21st is the last date?
The 22nd is the last flight if I recall. My October flight to SIN is via ICN, and my for December I'm trying the new nonstop from SEA on SQ.
davidlhanson likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 11:54 am

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Have had two separate Delta employees make a comment over the past several days that Delta will soon be launching LAX to SIN.

Hopefully they know what they are talking about. With the loss of NRT to SIN, it would be a great additional to the route map.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 12:20 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by bcosinteno
Have had two separate Delta employees make a comment over the past several days that Delta will soon be launching LAX to SIN.

Hopefully they know what they are talking about. With the loss of NRT to SIN, it would be a great additional to the route map.
Guessing they're waiting for a new A350 to replace whatever 777 would be used on this route.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 12:55 pm

Programs: BA/BD Gold, UA Silver
I hope the rumor of DL launching LAX-SIN nonstop comes to fruition, but I have serious doubts it will ever happen. First of all, why would DL shutter a station (SIN) and pay out long-time employees, only to reopen with a single flight? I would love if this were true, but economically it would make no sense. Same thing with Taipei, I would love it if DL would launch a nonstop but they've just laid off all their TPE employees for a reason... they don't see a DL metal future there.
hsnu84053 and ryw like this.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 1:09 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by SEAUAKID
I hope the rumor of DL launching LAX-SIN nonstop comes to fruition, but I have serious doubts it will ever happen. First of all, why would DL shutter a station (SIN) and pay out long-time employees, only to reopen with a single flight? I would love if this were true, but economically it would make no sense. Same thing with Taipei, I would love it if DL would launch a nonstop but they've just laid off all their TPE employees for a reason... they don't see a DL metal future there.
Agreed. I also found this rumor highly suspicious, for all the same reasons your mentioned
Old Oct 2, 2019, 1:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Airlines serve any number of destinations where they have minimal staff. I don’t think that will matter in the least.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 1:34 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, DL FO, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 Whatevers
I thought that DL closed up shop at TPE a couple years ago?
Old Oct 2, 2019, 1:42 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Why do airlines need much local staff? It's all contracted out anyway. Perhaps a local manager or two, and that's it. Rest is contracted out, often to partner airline.

For example, if you are flying with MU from the US, it's the Delta staff manning the MU check-in desks, gate, etc. MU outsources its staffing in the US to DL.

I would think that DL would outsource it another airline in stations where it has just one, or a few, flights.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 2:11 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by bcosinteno

Maybe they were mixing Singapore up with Seoul!

LAX-ICN has been on Delta's radar for a while now (to complement the 2x daily KE-operated flights) and the SVP Network Planning mentioned it again recently:

https://thepointsguy.com/news/delta-...pand-in-seoul/

"....Already, Delta added flights between Minneapolis/St. Paul (MSP) and Incheon in April of this year. In March 2020, it will move its Manila (MNL) flights to Incheon from Tokyo Narita(NRT). The airline also serves Seoul from Atlanta (ATL), Detroit (DTW) and Seattle/Tacoma (SEA), according to Diio by Cirium schedules.

Possible Seoul additions include a flight from Los Angeles (LAX) that would complement Korean Air’s double-daily service, as well as a potential Salt Lake City (SLC) nonstop, said Esposito...."
Old Oct 3, 2019, 3:31 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
Maybe they were mixing Singapore up with Seoul!

LAX-ICN has been on Delta's radar for a while now (to complement the 2x daily KE-operated flights) and the SVP Network Planning mentioned it again recently:

https://thepointsguy.com/news/delta-...pand-in-seoul/

"....Already, Delta added flights between Minneapolis/St. Paul (MSP) and Incheon in April of this year. In March 2020, it will move its Manila (MNL) flights to Incheon from Tokyo Narita(NRT). The airline also serves Seoul from Atlanta (ATL), Detroit (DTW) and Seattle/Tacoma (SEA), according to Diio by Cirium schedules.

Possible Seoul additions include a flight from Los Angeles (LAX) that would complement Korean Air’s double-daily service, as well as a potential Salt Lake City (SLC) nonstop, said Esposito...."
I just cant fly KE until they get wifi on their planes... I hope this changes soon like they said.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 3:50 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Originally Posted by t1c
I just cant fly KE until they get wifi on their planes... I hope this changes soon like they said.
And I can't fly KE until they lower the thermostat.
PurdueFlyer, RealHJ, t1c and 5 others like this.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 5:27 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by CO-PLAT
OMG I forgot about that...its been a long time since I flew them.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 6:27 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by CO-PLAT
You have to ask. Multiple times. They will lower it. A bit, at least. And wear your thinnest possible clothing, and, of course, be prepared to be sticking wet to the seat in no time. Always need to mentally prepare before boarding oven-hot and extremely uncomfortable KE planes. Also helps to bring some wet wipes, so at least you can wipe yourself down from time to time. And bring your own large water bottle, as the water glasses (J) or cups (Y) are tiny and even then only half full.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 1:40 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold, Hertz President's Club
Originally Posted by RealHJ
Why do airlines need much local staff? It's all contracted out anyway. Perhaps a local manager or two, and that's it. Rest is contracted out, often to partner airline.

For example, if you are flying with MU from the US, it's the Delta staff manning the MU check-in desks, gate, etc. MU outsources its staffing in the US to DL.

I would think that DL would outsource it another airline in stations where it has just one, or a few, flights.
No they don’t. I fly MU 3x a year JFK-PVG-SIN and the JFK check-in as well as gate agents are NOT DL employees. I believe this is also true at ORD, LAX and SFO.
wxman22 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.