FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Delta exiting NRT, ending NRT-SIN and moving MNL flight to ICN (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1981092-delta-exiting-nrt-ending-nrt-sin-moving-mnl-flight-icn.html)

Tanaka07 Aug 1, 19 2:00 am

Delta exiting NRT, ending NRT-SIN and moving MNL flight to ICN

Last flight SIN-NRT appears to be September 22, 2019.

zerod out in bookings

BHammy Aug 1, 19 3:19 am

following

lsquare Aug 1, 19 3:25 am

I'm assuming DL isn't making money on this route?

dcadwell Aug 1, 19 5:47 am

Originally Posted by Tanaka07 (Post 31365972)
Last flight SIN-NRT appears to be September 22, 2019.

zerod out in bookings

Wellllllll, this isn't good. I just booked a flight the other day for 9/24...

Duke787 Aug 1, 19 5:54 am

Well that sucks -- was hoping it would stay through end of October so I could use one last time for an October work trip to Singapore

hockeystl Aug 1, 19 6:07 am

They're pulling out of NRT completely.... Everything moving to HND

KDCAflyer Aug 1, 19 6:11 am

Originally Posted by lsquare (Post 31366107)

They're making money, it just makes more sense to consolidate ops at HND, and the SIN flight obviously can't stand alone.

Now hopefully DL will build a proper SkyClub at HND...

rabingham89 Aug 1, 19 6:52 am

If they are ending this route and the MNL>NRT route as well that should free up two additional 767s. Are there any clues in their upcoming schedule of where these will go or do we think they will end up being used to create new routes/frequencies?

aviatorzz Aug 1, 19 6:52 am

Originally Posted by lsquare (Post 31366107)

Don't think it has anything to do with money, more so than they just happened to be one of the two cities that don't originate from the US. So, if you need to get to SIN, you can always route via ICN. My guess is that once more A330-900s come to DL property, they can think about LAX/SEA-SIN (one not both) in the future.

ClipperDelta Aug 1, 19 7:10 am

Originally Posted by rabingham89 (Post 31366444)
If they are ending this route and the MNL>NRT route as well that should free up two additional 767s.

DL will continue to serve NRT-MNL until the end of March 2020 when everything moves over to HND, and then switch MNL over to ICN (with Delta metal). They announced it internally already that they intend to continue serving MNL from the US with their own metal but through ICN.

Cory6188 Aug 1, 19 7:28 am

Originally Posted by ClipperDelta (Post 31366488)
DL will continue to serve NRT-MNL until the end of March 2020 when everything moves over to HND, and then switch MNL over to ICN (with Delta metal). They announced it internally already that they intend to continue serving MNL from the US with their own metal but through ICN.

Interesting - I'm surprised that they'd decide to continue forging ahead with ICN-MNL, while giving up on SIN entirely, rather than switching to ICN-SIN. One would think that the yields would have to be higher on SIN than MNL, given the mix of traffic. Maybe there's not enough local demand from ICN-SIN?

eneq Aug 1, 19 8:06 am

The problem is DL has to compete in SIN with both UA and SQ who both offer multiple nonstops from the US. I'm just surprised they haven't tried a SEA-SIN route yet, but maybe the failure of HKG scared them off.

Duke787 Aug 1, 19 8:16 am

Originally Posted by hockeystl (Post 31366372)
They're pulling out of NRT completely.... Everything moving to HND

Originally Posted by WWads (Post 31366385)

They're making money, it just makes more sense to consolidate ops at HND, and the SIN flight obviously can't stand alone.

Now hopefully DL will build a proper SkyClub at HND...

+1. They need to make an announcement on this ASAP -- or at least provide a pathway for GM/PM/DM to access TIAT again

rylan Aug 1, 19 8:17 am

So now no way to get to SIN on Delta metal which was a big benefit since you could use GUCs there. Trying to use a GUC on KE is basically a waste of money and effort. Very disappointing.
And even more so with the demise (albeit we knew this) of NRT, since they have a nice club there. HND is good for O/D if you want to go to Tokyo, but really is garbage for connecting to rest of Asia. No SC or lounge access in HND unless you're flying in D1 is a big negative as well.

Duke787 Aug 1, 19 8:22 am

Can't find any actual article but this OMAAT article sums things up:

https://onemileatatime.com/delta-end...arita-flights/

Wish they would have also kept an ICN - SIN flight on DL metal like they're doing with ICN - MNL. Sucks that you can no longer go C+ all the way to SIN -- big benefit erosion there