Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta exiting NRT, ending NRT-SIN and moving MNL flight to ICN

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta exiting NRT, ending NRT-SIN and moving MNL flight to ICN

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2019, 9:27 am

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by RealHJ
If you are flying DL in J outbound from KIX you get to use the Asuka lounge, yes (need the piece of paper from check-in desk to get in
On my inbound to KIX I am connecting to JAL in J, so I will be able to use their lounge, which appears to be fairly decent. My outbound from KIX is not a connection. Thanks for the tip about getting the piece of paper for lounge access. Normally I try to avoid going to a check-in desk and self check-in, as I travel with carry on only. I'll be sure to stop by to get my lounge pass from DL.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 9:45 am

Programs: DL Gold
Originally Posted by Zorak
Does CI J still get access to the JL lounge?
yes, actually all STE+ on CI can access to the JL lounge. However, you will need to clear immigration to the land side to obtain the invitation pass at CI check-in counter if you are connecting from the US.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 11:22 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by Richard1148
On my inbound to KIX I am connecting to JAL in J, so I will be able to use their lounge, which appears to be fairly decent. My outbound from KIX is not a connection. Thanks for the tip about getting the piece of paper for lounge access. Normally I try to avoid going to a check-in desk and self check-in, as I travel with carry on only. I'll be sure to stop by to get my lounge pass from DL.
If you don't get it, you may be still able to get in, but then they will call to the DL check-in desk and someone has to come from there, in through immigration and security, to bring them that little slip. If it's busy at the check-in desks, you may be waiting some 10-20 minutes before they can bring it to the lounge.

And yes, the JAL lounge at KIX is pretty good, both seating and food selection wise.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 5:05 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
IAnd yes, the JAL lounge at KIX is pretty good, both seating and food selection wise.
Would I also need to go out to get a lounge pass from JAL like with DL for the Asuka lounge, or would my J boarding pass for my JAL flight be sufficient for admission to their lounge?
Old Sep 9, 2019, 6:21 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by Richard1148
Would I also need to go out to get a lounge pass from JAL like with DL for the Asuka lounge, or would my J boarding pass for my JAL flight be sufficient for admission to their lounge?
No need for any of that. JL J (C) boarding pass, paper or mobile*, is all you need.

Unlike DL JL also doesn't need to do any documents check for int'l (e.g. to US) flights, so there is no reason to go to any outside counter or gate inside, as there would be with DL, if you checked in online, for "document check."

JL is very quick and efficient, and the JL lounge is one of the best at KIX. Always has Japanese curry among other food. Nothing to write home about, but pretty decent.

*With JL you may need to check in online and save boarding pass to PDF, then just open it in a PDF reader on your phone. I mean in cases where mobile app checkin is not available, but online is.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 6:36 pm

No need for any of that. JL J (C) boarding pass, paper or mobile*, is all you need.
Thanks. That sound much more sensible.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 8:17 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold
I'm on DL168 this morning. Over the intercom in the terminal the Pilots and Cabin crew thanked the ground staff and security staff for their years of service. It's the last flight here for this particular crew.

I briefly chatted with the captain and copilot before boarding and they were really sad to be done with the route. The captain said he'd been on the rotation for NRT-SIN for 20 plus years.

Last edited by anon2k2; Sep 16, 2019 at 12:18 am
Old Sep 15, 2019, 11:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by anon2k2
I'm on DL186 this morning. Over the intercom in the terminal the Pilots and Cabin crew thanked the ground staff and security staff for their years of service. It's the last flight here for this particular crew.

I briefly chatted with the captain and copilot before boarding and they were really sad to be done with the route. The captain said he'd been on the rotation for NRT-SIN for 20 plus years.
While getting rerouted via AMS was great IRROPS recovery, I'm sad that I missed flying NRT-SIN one last time. I booked it instead of via PVG just to say goodbye to some of the staff/crew who knew me. Never thought DL would pull out of SIN. I do think SQ rapid expansion, along with UA flying nonstop from US has probably hurt yields. I'm curious if SQ/UA will be able to continue with as many US/SIN seats as have been added.
ryandc99 likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Very sad that the end comes to Delta service to SIN. I regret not traveling there recently and getting to experience the trip flight crew again for one last time.
davidlhanson likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
FYI, you can now go between T4 (KE flies out of T4) and T1-3 in transit. Till recently there was no option to connect between T4 and the others without clearing immigration. No longer the case. There's a bus between T4 and T2 transitside. When going to T4 it drops you into the arrival all and then you clear security like you were an arriving transit passenger. (T4 security is centralized and not at gate like T1-3).
Old Sep 18, 2019, 3:39 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by flyerCO
FYI, you can now go between T4 (KE flies out of T4) and T1-3 in transit. Till recently there was no option to connect between T4 and the others without clearing immigration. No longer the case. There's a bus between T4 and T2 transitside. When going to T4 it drops you into the arrival all and then you clear security like you were an arriving transit passenger. (T4 security is centralized and not at gate like T1-3).
Is this referring to some particular airport?
Old Sep 18, 2019, 4:05 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by kjnangre
Is this referring to some particular airport?
I'm ASSuming he's referring to SIN, but if so I thought the T4 airside bus has been there more or less since T4 opened, just that SIN being SIN you had to show a boarding pass for the direction you were trying to go on the shuttle.

But I may be thinking of something else or just plain confused.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

I'm ASSuming he's referring to SIN, but if so I thought the T4 airside bus has been there more or less since T4 opened, just that SIN being SIN you had to show a boarding pass for the direction you were trying to go on the shuttle.

But I may be thinking of something else or just plain confused.
SIN. The airside transit if it was available wasnt publicly announced. There didnt used to be signs and per employees it was new. (I asked because I didnt remember seeing the signs before) Before recently it was just the landside (outside immigration) bus between terminals.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 5:02 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by flyerCO
SIN. The airside transit if it was available wasnt publicly announced. There didnt used to be signs and per employees it was new. (I asked because I didnt remember seeing the signs before)
Looks like you're right about this part at a minimum -- I did some searching:

Changi Terminal 4

SIN - T4 boarding pass to access T1-3?

Sounds like it was a hassle though. If they've improved the process then ^
Old Sep 19, 2019, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Looks like you're right about this part at a minimum -- I did some searching:

Changi Terminal 4

SIN - T4 boarding pass to access T1-3?

Sounds like it was a hassle though. If they've improved the process then ^
I checked old version of SIN airport website concerning transfers. Sometime between Aug 3 and Sept 3rd the website updated to include a transfer process for those in transit. Posted it here since KE uses T4 and with DL pullout, more DL flyers will be connecting to KE.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.