Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta exiting NRT, ending NRT-SIN and moving MNL flight to ICN

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta exiting NRT, ending NRT-SIN and moving MNL flight to ICN

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2019, 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by dcadwell
Since it's somewhat germane to the subject having been re-booked thru ICN on KE for my upcoming trip, any seat suggestions for their 777-300ER? I'm in PS for the DL legs from DTW, obviously that means economy for KE. Currently 36C inbound and 30C outbound.
I would be interested if you were able to request your seats on the KE code share flight as I had the impression from a previous post that you could not.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 11:29 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Delta 1MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by ftfmdtw
I would be interested if you were able to request your seats on the KE code share flight as I had the impression from a previous post that you could not.
I’ve heard from others that the “Delta Codeshare” Desk can help. But I just flew KE Prestige ICN-SFO, booked as DL Z fare, and was kicked back and forth between the Diamond Desk (who asked both the “JV Desk” and the “Codeshare Desk”) and Korean. Neither was willing to help me move from a middle business seat to a window seat. I was only able to make the switch on the day of. But that’s my personal experience.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 1:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I posted earlier in thread how to select seats.

DL can request a seat. If it comes back confirmed by KE is hit or miss. This was when I finally figured out the process I posted above.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 4:02 am

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Lounge access?

With loss of hub status and status of Skyclub mainly operating domestic cities only, it's unlikely Delta will invest in sky club at Haneda. If anything, it's likely DL will coordinate opening shared Skyteam lounge than to opening DL's own lounge.

I am hopeful I am wrong however.

Jiburi
Old Aug 15, 2019, 4:20 am

Programs: DL Diamond, ANA Platinum
A ST lounge at HND is absolutely warranted given the status of the city and the number of ST carriers flying into HND (DL, AF, MU, KE, CI, VN, GA). If the likes of DXB and IST can get a ST lounge, then so can HND.

I'm just not sure where they would actually build such a lounge at this point. Even if they started now, it would probably take at least a year until it's opened.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 5:15 am

Programs: Delta PM
Yes, I can. The re-booking agent for SIN-ICN initially booked me into an aisle seat. Whenever I login to delta.com, I can see the seat map, select a seat, and save. When it goes back to the itinerary it will initially show as "Requested," but after a few minutes that goes away and it returns to "Change Seat."
ftfmdtw likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 7:45 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by jiburi
With loss of hub status and status of Skyclub mainly operating domestic cities only, it's unlikely Delta will invest in sky club at Haneda. If anything, it's likely DL will coordinate opening shared Skyteam lounge than to opening DL's own lounge.

I am hopeful I am wrong however.

Jiburi
Many of the Skyteam lounges at large airports are better than SCs anyway. The main point is that a Skyteam lounge allows access to GMs and PMs. Third-party lounges do not.
Duke787 likes this.

Last edited by KDCAflyer; Aug 15, 2019 at 9:40 am
Old Aug 15, 2019, 8:00 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by flyerCO
I posted earlier in thread how to select seats.

DL can request a seat. If it comes back confirmed by KE is hit or miss. This was when I finally figured out the process I posted above.
I tried the process you posted above for my December SIN-ICN leg. It did not work for me. Logged into my Skypass, when I tried to pull up the PNR using DL PNR (changed the FF # to my Skypass #), the KE website tells me that the itinerary is for display only. I couldn't make any change.

I also made several calls to DM line, who transferred me to the Codeshare department. They said that KE only opens main cabin row 48 and after to DL for this codeshare flight (SIN-ICN), which is where I am seated right now, and that only KE can move me forward to better rows. And of course when I called KE, they said only DL Codeshare can help me because it was a DL-issued ticket. For both DL and KE, I tried HUCA no less than 4 times... no luck.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by MonAmQB
I tried the process you posted above for my December SIN-ICN leg. It did not work for me. Logged into my Skypass, when I tried to pull up the PNR using DL PNR (changed the FF # to my Skypass #), the KE website tells me that the itinerary is for display only. I couldn't make any change.

I also made several calls to DM line, who transferred me to the Codeshare department. They said that KE only opens main cabin row 48 and after to DL for this codeshare flight (SIN-ICN), which is where I am seated right now, and that only KE can move me forward to better rows. And of course when I called KE, they said only DL Codeshare can help me because it was a DL-issued ticket. For both DL and KE, I tried HUCA no less than 4 times... no luck.
Very strange. Unsure why I'm able to move myself via delta.com.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WWads
Many of the Skyteam lounges at large airports are better than SCs anyway. The main point is that a Skyteam lounge allows access to GMs and PMs. Partner lounges do not.
You mean third-party lounges, not Partner lounges. Skyteam partner operated lounges do provide access to DL Skyteam Elite Plus pax on international tickets.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 8:54 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Very strange. Unsure why I'm able to move myself via delta.com.
It also works fine for me. I chose and change seats on delta.com for KE operated flights just like I do for DL operated flights. I've never had to talk to any desks or figure out my KE PNR
Old Aug 15, 2019, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by kjnangre
It also works fine for me. I chose and change seats on delta.com for KE operated flights just like I do for DL operated flights. I've never had to talk to any desks or figure out my KE PNR
I can move seat within the bad section KE opens up to DL but cannot move to the better section KE has blocked from DL. This is the issue.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by MonAmQB
I can move seat within the bad section KE opens up to DL but cannot move to the better section KE has blocked from DL. This is the issue.
Not sure which section you're referring to? Obviously the bulkhead row (28) in the front cabin of economy is taken, but I can select anything open in rows 29 to the back.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 9:39 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by xliioper
You mean third-party lounges, not Partner lounges. Skyteam partner operated lounges do provide access to DL Skyteam Elite Plus pax on international tickets.
Yes, thanks for catching that.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 11:04 am

Not sure which section you're referring to? Obviously the bulkhead row (28) in the front cabin of economy is taken, but I can select anything open in rows 29 to the back.
I can only select in row 48 or behind.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.