Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade List Question

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2019, 4:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM
Upgrade List Question

This could be a very dumb question.. but I am a DM (without reserve CC) and on two flights in a row now (SEA-JFK) and (JFK-SFO) I am finding myself way down the list (8/24) and (18/81).

now I understand popular RUC route and reserve and whatnot but I fly these routes all the time and it seems super off. SFO is an impossible UG anyways but is there a way the system isn’t properly registering my place in the queue? SEA was a bit wierd as I’m normally in the top 3 on that route.

Old Jul 15, 2019, 5:09 am

Originally Posted by tdm1
This could be a very dumb question.. but I am a DM (without reserve CC) and on two flights in a row now (SEA-JFK) and (JFK-SFO) I am finding myself way down the list (8/24) and (18/81).

now I understand popular RUC route and reserve and whatnot but I fly these routes all the time and it seems super off. SFO is an impossible UG anyways but is there a way the system isn’t properly registering my place in the queue? SEA was a bit wierd as I’m normally in the top 3 on that route.
It does seem fairly high numbers on the upgrade list. Traveling with a companion so that you are a party of two versus single DMs? Or IROPs where others were pushed up the priority list?
Old Jul 15, 2019, 5:26 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
Originally Posted by cre95
It does seem fairly high numbers on the upgrade list. Traveling with a companion so that you are a party of two versus single DMs? Or IROPs where others were pushed up the priority list?
Agree with this. Summer travel, folks are traveling with companions and using RUCs, folks on a higher fare class, Reserve card tiebreakers, irrops, it's the perfect storm.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 5:28 am
Original Poster

Yeah fair comments just a seemed really extreme.. no just me traveling flight on-time so no idea. Like I said jfk-sfo on a Monday is always gonna be a no go it’s some of the other flights that I just seen a bit far down the list.. probably nothing but wasn’t sure if there is any IT issues that could have me tagged wrong.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 8:51 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
On routes like that, Medallion density will be skewed to Diamond. It's not surprising at all. 8/24 or 18/81 sounds about right to me if you have a lower fare class and no reserve card.

If it's any consolation, I was 7/74 this morning on an M fare with a reserve card with corporate booking priority (I was #1 non-instrument though based on C+ upgrade list).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.