Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Tumi pouch

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2019, 11:46 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by rucksack
IIRC, Delta has alternated soft/hard shell kits East/West for years.
I just received another hard-sided case on my JFK-LAX flight. Are these new kits just replacing the westbound soft kits, or will Delta now be using the same case on both east and westbound flights?
Old Jun 24, 2019, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
IIRC the last time they updated the kits, they hit most of the intercontinental flights before they started rolling out to the TCONs. Wouldn't be surprised if the TCONs end up being some of the last flights to get the new kits.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by Bicoastal Yokel

I just received another hard-sided case on my JFK-LAX flight. Are these new kits just replacing the westbound soft kits, or will Delta now be using the same case on both east and westbound flights?
The press release doesn't directly address this, but my reading is that they are doing away with the hardshell altogether. I'd guess it will take a few months for this change to become widespread, though.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 3:05 am
Suspended

Programs: Hertz platinum, Bonvoy titanium , Delta flying colonel/platinum/MM, retired old men board member
Bicoastal: I think the soft are overseas only?
Old Jun 27, 2019, 2:02 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP
On my last eastbound TCON, there were both hardside and soft in D1. I don't care for the earplugs, I just fall asleep in my Shure sound isolating earbuds, but the little pack of tissues was handy to throw in my backpack.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
ATL-CDG today. Gray hard case in a plastic bag.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by Gig103
I had to wait until work to check. "Howard Leight by Honeywell - Max". They have an NRR (noise reduction rating) of 33. They are a foam that you compress before inserting and they expand back out to fill your ear canal, so they fit and work way better than what DL was giving away. But that doesn't change the convenience of it being in a kit!
Thanks. I've been using similar foam ones, but I think only 31db NRR. I'd heard good things about Howard Leight earplugs before.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 5:25 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Platinum
Flew CDG-ATL in D1S on Friday - old case.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 11:41 am

Programs: SPG LT Gold, DL PM 1MM
Flew D1 last Tuesday (6/25) JFK-LHR and got the new pouch. I see it as a cost reduction, feels way cheaper to me
- no ear plugs and no tissues
- toothpaste and toothbrush no longer packaged together in plastic (I care about the environment so fine with that, though feels less clean for the toothbrush to sit with the socks, despite the plastic cover)
- no organization in the pouch; the little case had straps and was much better organized
+ it is more space efficient (also a cost reduction for delta...) and probably lighter
Old Jul 2, 2019, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mayhem
Flew D1 last Tuesday (6/25) JFK-LHR and got the new pouch. I see it as a cost reduction, feels way cheaper to me
- no ear plugs and no tissues
- toothpaste and toothbrush no longer packaged together in plastic (I care about the environment so fine with that, though feels less clean for the toothbrush to sit with the socks, despite the plastic cover)
- no organization in the pouch; the little case had straps and was much better organized
+ it is more space efficient (also a cost reduction for delta...) and probably lighter
Sounds like the earlier post about these just starting out of JFK might be true.

I got an "old" hard case on my flight two days ago and it already broke. The fabric between the zipper and case split apart as I was zipping it back up empty. I almost wish this had just happened during the flight so I didn't have to figure out how to shove the thing in my briefcase.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 4:19 pm

I sent a quick note to DL requesting that they reconsider and add the ear plugs back to the D1 amenities. It might help for them to hear from more PAX about this.Hello XXX,

RE: Case XXXX

Thanks for contacting us about your recent online experience. I tried to reach you by phone today but was unsuccessful. It's my goal to ensure that all your needs are met and respond as quickly as possible.

We appreciate all feedback that can allow us to continually grow as the company that we are today. In efforts to expanding our services to you, rest assured I have shared your feedback regarding our new Delta One TUMI amenity kits with our On Board Services Leadership regarding your feedback, in hopes to better serve you in the future.

XXX, we truly appreciate you as a Platinum Medallion. Your longtime loyalty is important to us and 30 years far exceeds a “Thank You!” It is an honor to have you as part of the Delta family. We look forward to serving you well on your next flight with us.

Regards,

XXXX
Customer Care
Old Jul 6, 2019, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by gooselee
Sounds like the earlier post about these just starting out of JFK might be true.

I got an "old" hard case on my flight two days ago and it already broke. The fabric between the zipper and case split apart as I was zipping it back up empty. I almost wish this had just happened during the flight so I didn't have to figure out how to shove the thing in my briefcase.
Even at JFK it’s not consistent :/ Flew yesterday LHR - JFK - SFO and both had the old version. DL2 had the old soft pouch while DL610 has the hard shell one.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 8:06 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
A similar reply was sent to me.

Thanks for contacting us regarding your concerns about our debut in-flight amenities. I can understand how it would be frustrating on this debut and looking at the kit for Delta One without any earplugs. It is understandable earplugs are a necessities specially on international and long haul flight.
I agree having earplug available on Delta One makes the flight very enjoyable noise free. I have forwarded your concerns as well as your suggestion to our In-Flight Leadership team so they can consider adding it or Flight attendants providing them upon request.
Gig103, we truly appreciate you as a Silver Medallion. Your loyalty is important to us and we look forward to serving you well on your next flight with us.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 3:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by luka25
Even at JFK it’s not consistent :/ Flew yesterday LHR - JFK - SFO and both had the old version. DL2 had the old soft pouch while DL610 has the hard shell one.
Ahh, that sucks. Not too surprised about JFK-SFO but maybe it's only intercontinental flights ex-JFK?
Old Jul 7, 2019, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by gooselee
Ahh, that sucks. Not too surprised about JFK-SFO but maybe it's only intercontinental flights ex-JFK?
That could be the case. As far as I know though, amenity kits are loaded at JFK only for both legs across the Atlantic so I don’t see much sense in loading the new one for the outbound and the old one for the inbound.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.