FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   New Tumi pouch (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1974807-new-tumi-pouch.html)

NotHamSarnie Jun 20, 2019 12:24 am

New Tumi pouch

On this evening's JFK - CDG flight:

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...a2b5dfb5d1.jpg

Rather like the AF pouch, soft and sleek. New lotions and potions from Le Labo, nicer than the Kiehl stuff imho. Pen is purple like the DL uniforms. Missing the earplugs, fortunately brought my own.

silverforumsurf Jun 20, 2019 12:28 am

That’s a huge improvement from the mini suitcases marred by the cheap/terrible zippers..

wlau Jun 20, 2019 12:50 am

Originally Posted by silverforumsurf (Post 31221232)
That’s a huge improvement from the mini suitcases marred by the cheap/terrible zippers..

Yeah, the hard case is not space efficient and the sewing of the zippers are very poorly done.

jaimemayo Jun 20, 2019 1:29 am

I wish I would have gotten that amenity case instead of the hard case MSP-ICN on Sunday. I asked the flight attendant about them and she said she’d never seen one onboard.

MSPeconomist Jun 20, 2019 1:53 am

I hate the hard cases because theytake so much space. It's unrealistic to expect passengers to have room to add them to a carry on bag.

gooselee Jun 20, 2019 6:32 am

Nice! Hoping for one of the new ones on ATL-CDG in a couple weeks.

I always carry spare earplugs in my briefcase. :)

NotHamSarnie Jun 20, 2019 6:47 am

Originally Posted by gooselee (Post 31221847)
Nice! Hoping for one of the new ones on ATL-CDG in a couple weeks.

I always carry spare earplugs in my briefcase. :)

Me too! It's an essential of work travel and sleeping in hotels... but thought I'd warn people in case this lapse is deliberate and a sign that DL won't be providing them anymore.

cfabar1 Jun 20, 2019 2:19 pm

On what routes do the Tumi bags occur? All INTL? All Delta One?

Gig103 Jun 20, 2019 2:30 pm

That looks more like what I'd expect for a domestic transcon or PS! If this was the D1 pouch, was it really just a bag and two lotions and a pen? Or did you just not photograph the unchanged products (mask, toothbrush, tissues, socks, mouthwash)? Was it missing earplugs or are they no longer included?

cfabar1 Jun 20, 2019 2:51 pm

That’s my confusion... This looks like a domestic product, at best, and even somewhat limited.

ecaarch Jun 20, 2019 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by wlau (Post 31221274)
Yeah, the hard case is not space efficient and the sewing of the zippers are very poorly done.

Totally agree. But I like them because they are great for packing my granola bars to keep them from being broken. (Geez, doesn't that sound like a ringing endorsement?)

No earplugs in the new kits is a major error. I can't imagine that they cost that much.

The Situation Jun 20, 2019 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by ecaarch (Post 31223484)
Totally agree. But I like them because they are great for packing my granola bars to keep them from being broken. (Geez, doesn't that sound like a ringing endorsement?)

No earplugs in the new kits is a major error. I can't imagine that they cost that much.

That's a great idea. I have been keeping my granola bars crumbs:( in a Ziploc bag, but when they go from backpack to computer bag to other mode of transport, they have a rough go.

When I saw the press release, I did notice that earplugs were a notable omission from the D1 kit, but figured it was just forgotten or not important enough. Guess they assume the headphones suffice. I am sure you could always ask for one of the Y amenity kits that have them - there has got to be spares lying around.

NotHamSarnie Jun 20, 2019 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by Gig103 (Post 31223375)
That looks more like what I'd expect for a domestic transcon or PS! If this was the D1 pouch, was it really just a bag and two lotions and a pen? Or did you just not photograph the unchanged products (mask, toothbrush, tissues, socks, mouthwash)? Was it missing earplugs or are they no longer included?

Ah sorry, I didn't bother snapping the unchanged products (toothpaste, toothbrush, eye covers mouthwash, socks, hand sanitizer) but noted the missing earplugs. The sock stripes had the new plum color scheme. Now that you mention it, there were no tissues either. It's D1.

Intl359Widget Jun 21, 2019 1:32 am

I have to say I am a big fan of the improved offerings with Le Labo onboard!

YMMV but I really like different Tumi amenity kit sizes as I can store Cigars or Scotch in them for different purposes.

MSPeconomist Jun 21, 2019 2:02 am

Originally Posted by cfabar1 (Post 31223442)
That’s my confusion... This looks like a domestic product, at best, and even somewhat limited.

Could it be the PS amenity kit, distributed in D1 by mistake?

I just got another of the hard sided ones. Bad idea.