Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAX shuttle from TBIT back to T2/T3?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2019, 8:38 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
So much unnecessary noise from wlau... the question was if there is an airside bus from TBIT->T2/3. The answer is yes. Why this poster wants to ramble about all the other irrelevant details, I don't know.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 3:05 pm

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
A little confused about where to catch the shuttle from T2 nowadays.

Flying LAX-JFK in D1. Many of these flights have been leaving TBIT.

I noticed on the DL.com LAX map the shuttle picks up pax in two places; one by Gate 21 and the other by what seems like the D1 check-in area. Or perhaps that's for some T1 pax? (Is T1 no longer isolated from the rest of the terminals airside?)

Anyway, where would I catch the shuttle to TBIT if needed?
Old Aug 6, 2021, 3:13 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Oakshadow
A little confused about where to catch the shuttle from T2 nowadays.

Flying LAX-JFK in D1. Many of these flights have been leaving TBIT.

I noticed on the DL.com LAX map the shuttle picks up pax in two places; one by Gate 21 and the other by what seems like the D1 check-in area. Or perhaps that's for some T1 pax? (Is T1 no longer isolated from the rest of the terminals airside?)

Anyway, where would I catch the shuttle to TBIT if needed?
The shuttle picks up in T2 at Gate 21. The second shuttle you are seeing on the map is from “Terminal 1.5” which is a check-in/Baggage facility for some airlines that operate out of TBIT and it has its own airside bus depot. “Terminal 1.5” (and theoretically T1) will be connected with Terminal 2 once they finish the 130 foot connector hall which should be finished any month now.
Oakshadow likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 10:20 pm

Programs: DL Gold
Originally Posted by flyerCO
You have to reclear security to use the bus at any terminal, its airside. How hard is that to understand.

The bus that comes from T2/3 has to turn around and go back to T2/3. It doesnt go poof into a cloud of smoke upon letting passengers off at TBIT. It then loads up and takes them to T2/3.

LAX doesnt make this complicated, you are. Arriving international you can 1)reclear security at TBIT and take bus, or 2)walk to T3 and reclear security there. If you arrive domestic at TBIT you simply get on bus to T2/3.
This thread has been quiet for a long while, so does it still hold that if I arrive in terminal B from an international flight, I can recheck my bags once clearing the custom, and a security lane for transfer pax is available so I will not need to go to landside to clear security? Then I just need to take the inter-terminal shuttle to T3 if I have a DL domestic flight.

I assume bag recheck at terminal B is still available but not sure about the transfer pax security lane.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 4:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by hsnu84053
This thread has been quiet for a long while, so does it still hold that if I arrive in terminal B from an international flight, I can recheck my bags once clearing the custom, and a security lane for transfer pax is available so I will not need to go to landside to clear security? Then I just need to take the inter-terminal shuttle to T3 if I have a DL domestic flight.

I assume bag recheck at terminal B is still available but not sure about the transfer pax security lane.
You always are "landside" once clear customs in US. Yes, can drop bags at bag redrop. Then can clear at TBIT, T3, or T2. I would normally just walk over to T3. Its generally just as long as walking through TBIT to bus area.
hsnu84053 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.