Wiki Posts
Search

LAX shuttle from TBIT back to T2/T3?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2019, 4:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP 100K, DL PL
LAX shuttle from TBIT back to T2/T3?

Take the shuttle bus several times from T2/3 inter-terminal.

With an upcoming trip with 4-hour layover at LAX. My plan is arriving in T2/3 on Delta, then take the shuttle bus to TBIT and use priority pass to visit KAL lounge (though nothing excited about...). After that, head back to T2/3 from TBIT. So the question is, will the shuttle pick up people from TBIT?
Old Jun 18, 2019, 5:55 pm

It's a five minute walk!
Old Jun 18, 2019, 8:10 pm

Yes the shuttle picks up at TBIT every 15 minutes or so
Old Jun 18, 2019, 8:40 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HHonrs Diamond
Originally Posted by SanDiegoTrvllr
It's a five minute walk!
I don't think the OP wants to have to clear security a second time.
There is no airside walk from 2 or 3 to TBIT.

https://www.flylax.com/en/inter-terminal-connections
Spiff, jalves, CPMaverick and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 7:15 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Bonvoy Gold, National EC
Originally Posted by lonelygod
Take the shuttle bus several times from T2/3 inter-terminal.

With an upcoming trip with 4-hour layover at LAX. My plan is arriving in T2/3 on Delta, then take the shuttle bus to TBIT and use priority pass to visit KAL lounge (though nothing excited about...). After that, head back to T2/3 from TBIT. So the question is, will the shuttle pick up people from TBIT?
Yes. Double-check the hours for the KAL lounge for your layover. The other options are the Alaska Lounge (T6) and the Virgin Atlantic Lounge (T2). You can walk airside between TBIT and T6, though it's a bit of a hike. When I went to the Alaska Lounge in T6 and showed them my Delta boarding pass, they looked at me a bit funny, because they didn't realize that you can get from T2/T3 to T6 airside.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 8:02 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Both the Clubhouse and the KE lounge have limited hours for PP access. But they don't overlap -- Clubhouse in the morning, KE in the afternoon. But my limited experience is the Clubhouse in the morning is not worth it. Packaged pastries and coffee - not the real experience.
OP doesn't say the time of day. With 4 hours, might be worth the walk to the Alaska lounge. But not only is it TBIT-T4-T5-T6 but all the way across TBIT.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 10:29 am

Programs: DL Plat
I did this last Sunday (went plane spotting in tbit)! The kal lounge finally has hot food (chicken wings, fried rice, and pizza). The shuttle stop in tbit was difficult to find and badly marked. When you come down the ramp to the satellite gate area there are two doors straight ahead (next to a large cbp advert on the wall) with an unmarked agent that you have to ask.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP 100K, DL PL
Originally Posted by mot29
Both the Clubhouse and the KE lounge have limited hours for PP access. But they don't overlap -- Clubhouse in the morning, KE in the afternoon. But my limited experience is the Clubhouse in the morning is not worth it. Packaged pastries and coffee - not the real experience.
OP doesn't say the time of day. With 4 hours, might be worth the walk to the Alaska lounge. But not only is it TBIT-T4-T5-T6 but all the way across TBIT.
thanks! My layover is 12pm - 4pm and then head to Hawaii. So my plan now is to stop at P.F Chang to get some lunch I also have Alaska lounge membership, so then walk from TBIT to T6 to get some pancakes/beer... but that’s quite a hike in LAX
Old Jun 19, 2019, 1:52 pm
cmx

Programs: DL Diamond 1MM, AS MVP, SW ALP and CP, b6 Mosaic, UA Silver, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Gold
Last week I visited the AS lounge which is undergoing some renovations that have it on par with the (subpar) KAL lounge, might want to check if they're done before you make the hike.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 4:55 am

Programs: Delta PM 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
You didn’t mention if you are a SkyClub member, I am not and got turned away at the KAL Lounge; AmEx card or First Class does not let you in on a Delta ticket, unless you are flying international.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 5:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by danola
You didn’t mention if you are a SkyClub member, I am not and got turned away at the KAL Lounge; AmEx card or First Class does not let you in on a Delta ticket, unless you are flying international.
OP mentioned his method of access, PP.
CPMaverick likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 1:06 am

May I know where exactly is the shuttle pick-up spot at T3? Near which gate at T3?

Flying into LAX, landing at T3 most likely, and need to connect to international flight at TBIT.

This article https://renespoints.boardingarea.com...e-now-find-it/ mentions the Delta shuttle pick-up point is near Gate 21 at T2, but didnt say where it is at T3.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 1:28 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by gnomey
May I know where exactly is the shuttle pick-up spot at T3? Near which gate at T3?

Flying into LAX, landing at T3 most likely, and need to connect to international flight at TBIT.

This article https://renespoints.boardingarea.com...e-now-find-it/ mentions the Delta shuttle pick-up point is near Gate 21 at T2, but didnt say where it is at T3.
​​​​​​Near gate 35.

The LAX airport map on the Delta site should help:

https://www.delta.com/us/en/airports...ub-airport-map
gnomey likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 1:40 am

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
I like the PF Chang’s and you should head to the bar as it’s faster after you check in with your PP
Old Jul 12, 2019, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by Zorak
​​​​​​Near gate 35.

The LAX airport map on the Delta site should help:

https://www.delta.com/us/en/airports...ub-airport-map
much appreciated, thanks!

Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD
I like the PF Chang’s and you should head to the bar as it’s faster after you check in with your PP
yes,. good idea, thanks!
​​​​​​​

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.