Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta.com Miles Ticket Error for SFO/NBO 100503A

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta.com Miles Ticket Error for SFO/NBO 100503A

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2019, 7:18 am
Original Poster

Question Delta.com Miles Ticket Error for SFO/NBO 100503A

Trying to book at icket for my mother from SFO/MEX/CDG/NBO using miles in First.
Website shows space, but when we go to book we keep getting this error, but site keeps showing availability.
Any suggestions or hints on what to do?
Called 800 number but no help alas.

We're sorry. The fare for the flights you selected just sold out. Please search again to view and select alternate flights.#100503A
Old May 22, 2019, 7:39 am
Original Poster

Update: Twitter was best source and am told this helps. Please contact our Online Customer Support Desk at 888 750 3284 for assistance with online booking.
Old May 22, 2019, 7:59 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Plat
I've found sometimes with partner flights on miles that DL.com can show phantom availability, which errors out when you try to ticket. I had this same issue with KE for an award segment from ICN-JFK, where I kept getting the same error message. When I called DL reservations, they couldn't see the availability that DL.com was pulling up - as frustrating as it is, that can sadly mean that you're SOL.
Old May 22, 2019, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I don't think that is a valid routing, which could be part of the issue. Normally they don't let you go US ->MEX->EU->AFRICA, Just US->AFRICA or US->EU->AFRICA.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old May 22, 2019, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by flyerCO
I don't think that is a valid routing, which could be part of the issue. Normally they don't let you go US ->MEX->EU->AFRICA, Just US->AFRICA or US->EU->AFRICA.
Agreed. It sounds like a married segment logic issue. Although the seats may be available on each leg you can't combine them together.
Old May 22, 2019, 11:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by thaitraveller
Trying to book at icket for my mother from SFO/MEX/CDG/NBO using miles in First.
Website shows space, but when we go to book we keep getting this error, but site keeps showing availability.
Any suggestions or hints on what to do?
Called 800 number but no help alas.

We're sorry. The fare for the flights you selected just sold out. Please search again to view and select alternate flights.#100503A
You might be able to get someone's put the segments together on one PNR but using two award tickets, and presumably a lot more miles.

OP should also note that most/all of these flights don't have FC and one cannot use DL miles for partner flights in FC (SkyTeam rule).

Does the same thing happen when you search for business class and then try to ticket it?

Last edited by MSPeconomist; May 22, 2019 at 2:00 pm Reason: correcting autocorrect
Old May 22, 2019, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
You might be able to someone the segments together on one PNR but using two award tickets, and presumably a lot more miles.

OP should also note that most/all of these flights don't have FC and one cannot use DL miles for partner flights in FC (SkyTeam rule).

Does the same thing happen when you search for business class and then try to ticket it?
I'm assuming like most that call it "First," he means business.

Regardless you can book IFC awards with DL. (On China Eastern at least) They cost a fortune. If you thought J was overpriced in miles, IFC is truly overpriced.
jdrtravel likes this.
Old May 22, 2019, 11:41 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by flyerCO
I'm assuming like most that call it "First," he means business.

Regardless you can book IFC awards with DL. (On China Eastern at least) They cost a fortune. If you thought J was overpriced in miles, IFC is truly overpriced.
However, AFAIK you still can't book IFC on AF or KE using DL miles, so I don't understand why MU is now an exception.
Old May 22, 2019, 11:45 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
However, AFAIK you still can't book IFC on AF or KE using DL miles, so I don't understand why MU is now an exception.

I'm not aware that it was ever a Sky Team rule, I think it was a just a policy with particular airlines because DL can't offer IFC award inventory to their mileage customers in exchange. They'd probably rather try to sell those seats for cash or save them for their own program members. Presumably MU has determined that whatever payment they get from DL for those miles is worth it to them.
Old May 22, 2019, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by jdrtravel
I'm not aware that it was ever a Sky Team rule, I think it was a just a policy with particular airlines because DL can't offer IFC award inventory to their mileage customers in exchange. They'd probably rather try to sell those seats for cash or save them for their own program members. Presumably MU has determined that whatever payment they get from DL for those miles is worth it to them.
I was always under the impression that there was a SkyTeam rule precluding IFC award tickets using miles from a carrier that doesn't itself offer IFC.
Old May 22, 2019, 11:49 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
I was always under the impression that there was a SkyTeam rule precluding IFC award tickets using miles from a carrier that doesn't itself offer IFC.

Perhaps, but I can't understand whose interests such a rule would serve. I could understand a Sky Team contract stating that member airlines are not required to offer IFC award tickets to pax using miles from a program that does not offer IFC, but I can't see prohibiting it.
Old May 22, 2019, 5:14 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
Perhaps, but I can't understand whose interests such a rule would serve. I could understand a Sky Team contract stating that member airlines are not required to offer IFC award tickets to pax using miles from a program that does not offer IFC, but I can't see prohibiting it.
I have no clue what the ST rules are. But MU's TPAC F cabins usually go out with 1 or 2 pax in them.

The suites look nice. But the C cabin is very good, and I suspect few will pay more than twice as much to go to F.

So yeah, I could see them being willing to use DL as a way to sell some "cheap" w/o really devaluing it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.