Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SDS for later flight

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2019, 5:06 am

He said it was confirmed, not standby. In any case, SDC requires a legal routing but a lot of fare rules allow for connections at non-hub airports (plus there are agents who don't pay a lot of attention to the legal routing requirement).
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 11:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM
Correct, this was a confirmed routing. I just mentioned I was very flexible with routing if it meant getting home that day. Net-net, if I'm looking to save money on a ticket from the west coast, as a DM (and one single experience,) I have more confidence in just booking a ticket that's the cheapest and then being flexible in how I get home. Likely really only works well standing in a hub airport.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
mea culpa, missed “confirmed” in later post (dealing w not feeling 100%, ATL delays, and impending 0100 arrival into DCA)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.