Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Priority or Main 2 boarding?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2019, 10:20 pm
Original Poster

Sky Priority or Main 2 boarding?

My boarding pass has a red Sky Priority banner but says Main 2 for Zone. Which one do I board with? Thank you.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 11:27 pm

Programs: DL PM, Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Wdwglitzy
My boarding pass has a red Sky Priority banner but says Main 2 for Zone. Which one do I board with? Thank you.
main 2 is your boarding zone if that's what it says on your zone. sky priority services and sky priority boarding zone are not the same thing
Old Apr 26, 2019, 12:48 am

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, H.com Gold^3, lowly something on others...
Originally Posted by gitismatt
main 2 is your boarding zone if that's what it says on your zone. sky priority services and sky priority boarding zone are not the same thing
This does NOT make sense, if it's a Delta operated flight.

Sky Priority is achieved at Gold and above for Delta, or SkyTeam Elite Plus for other airlines. If you have Sky Priority banner (red) on your phone boarding pass, or printed as SKY and/or Sky Priority status, you can board with Sky Priority zone.

Zone 2 is even below Silver, so it's when you have no status but then Sky Priority won't show on the boarding pass.
Either this is a bug, or something is missing from the OP's information. Sky Priority and Group 2 cannot happen at the same time - it just doesn't make sense.

What airline is this?
Tine Rod likes this.

Last edited by wlau; Apr 26, 2019 at 12:54 am
Old Apr 26, 2019, 1:20 am

Is this on Air France? They split Sky Priority into two groups, 1 for business class customers and 2 for those with status flying in economy.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 1:36 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
I've seen this happen on a mixed-cabin itinerary (e.g. outbound in Main, return in First). The Sky Priority banner will show on for flights, but the boarding group will be based on the class of travel for each particular flight.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 3:31 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Based on OP's other thread they may be flying without status on a paid C+ ticket:

Help with upgrade question
Old Apr 26, 2019, 4:17 am

Programs: DL Skymiles, AF/KL Flying Blue
Originally Posted by aacar
I've seen this happen on a mixed-cabin itinerary (e.g. outbound in Main, return in First). The Sky Priority banner will show on for flights, but the boarding group will be based on the class of travel for each particular flight.
I have a future trip where this exact thing is displaying right now. Outbound I paid for a first class upgrade, inbound remains economy. Both legs have the Sky Priority banner on top of them in the app. I have half a mind to try to use Sky Priority check-in on the return leg just for kicks, but I know better.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 6:28 am

Probably not the case, but all NRSA trips have the Sky Priority banner regardless of actual cabin assigned. If it’s a nonrev trip, ignore the banner and board with the zone.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by aacar
This -- I've encountered this scenario when I was still an FO and would get upgraded to C+/F on one leg but not the other leg
Old Apr 26, 2019, 9:44 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Zorak
Based on OP's other thread they may be flying without status on a paid C+ ticket:

Help with upgrade question
But then the boarding zone should be Comfort+, which is now its own zone, right? Zone 2 would only be main cabin non-status pax. C+ would board before Zone 1, regardless of status.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 10:03 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM - IHG Diamond
Is it possible that the OP has status (hence the SkyPriority) but is flying on a BE ticket (hence the late boarding group)?
Old Apr 26, 2019, 10:12 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by ecaarch
Is it possible that the OP has status (hence the SkyPriority) but is flying on a BE ticket (hence the late boarding group)?
I don't think that BE takes away priority boarding privileges.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
I don't think that BE takes away priority boarding privileges.
It doesn't
Weekend Away likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 7:02 pm

Programs: DL PM, Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by wlau
This does NOT make sense, if it's a Delta operated flight.

Sky Priority is achieved at Gold and above for Delta, or SkyTeam Elite Plus for other airlines. If you have Sky Priority banner (red) on your phone boarding pass, or printed as SKY and/or Sky Priority status, you can board with Sky Priority zone.

Zone 2 is even below Silver, so it's when you have no status but then Sky Priority won't show on the boarding pass.
Either this is a bug, or something is missing from the OP's information. Sky Priority and Group 2 cannot happen at the same time - it just doesn't make sense.

What airline is this?
when I was FO and traveling on the same PNR as a GM my itin in the app would have the red sky priority flag from my companion but my boarding zone would reflect whatever my status got me. if you look at the benefits of sky priority versus the benefits of medallion status, there is a slight difference. I don't know if this has changed since the new color-coded boarding policy
Old Jun 14, 2019, 1:05 pm

Programs: QF, AM, LH
Originally Posted by Wdwglitzy
I'm LH Senator, QF platinum and AM Sky Elite Plus and at CDG SEP gives me zone 2 with AF so guess which airline I'm never using again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.