Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Skymiles devaluation again.... N America-Asia (maybe not)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2019, 4:06 pm
Original Poster

ughhh North America to Asia on partner flights went from 35k to 42.5k!!😭
Old Apr 7, 2019, 7:11 pm

Programs: Delta DM | Hyatt Globalist
Partner awards in J to Indian subcontinent seem to have gone from 120k to 95k overnight. Just got 50k back for two tickets I had booked in 2020.
MCI777 likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Currently some DL metal coach awards for between 50K - 62K roundtrip to HKG and TYO.

PHX-TYO is going for 50K. Most are 60K - 62K and require Saturday night stay. Some may require Mon-Thu travel.

Some of the markets include CHI-TYO, LAX-TYO, SAN-TYO, DFW-TYO, NYC-HKG, BOS-HKG, SEA-HKG, SFO-HKG, LAX-HKG, SAN-HKG, LAS-HKG, PHX-HKG

Sometimes can find better deals or similar awards out of other markets with a 10-day min stay.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA — the REAL Washington; occasionally (but a lot less often than before) in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K (closing in on 0.5MM)
move along, nothing remarkable here; just another instance of how FT thrives on anecdata
(and yes I admit to posting a rant or two about fares or redemption rates or equipment swaps on routes that I frequent)
Old Apr 8, 2019, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by jrl767
just another instance of how FT thrives on anecdata
That is a behavior that bugs the heck out of me, but in the absence of award charts that's what we're going to get. People looking to make generalizations on award prices (or changes in prices) could test origins and destinations a lot more broadly, however, to see if the new rule they're asserting really does fit.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 9:25 pm

One way Y cost on partner TPAC has been fluctuating over time - 35K until 2016, 40K in 2017, 35K in 2018, and 42.5K in 2019.

Weirdly, MU's ORD-PVG is still 35k.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 5:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jrl767
move along, nothing remarkable here; just another instance of how FT thrives on anecdata
(and yes I admit to posting a rant or two about fares or redemption rates or equipment swaps on routes that I frequent)
Anecdotal data is what keeps FTers informed and airlines accountable for their shenanigans.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Looks like partners to Southeast Asia are still 35K YSM350 awards with a 3-day advance booking requirement. Seeing them to KUL, CGK, and DPS.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
That is a behavior that bugs the heck out of me, but in the absence of award charts that's what we're going to get. People looking to make generalizations on award prices (or changes in prices) could test origins and destinations a lot more broadly, however, to see if the new rule they're asserting really does fit.
What we are going to have is continued use of the most worthless and overuse of the word devaluation that has been the case since the epoch of FT.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.