Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Domestic First class dress code

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2019, 11:28 am

Programs: UA 1K and Million Miler, *A Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hertz Five Star,
Originally Posted by josephstern
I have actually flown Delta F tieless.
Yes, but a vest makes up for lack of the tie.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 11:30 am

Programs: Delta DDM 720, SPG Unobtainium, CC Adamantium, can I keep bragging now?
Originally Posted by Stephan Richard
I am flying next week and I was wondering if I will be denied my First class seat if I show up at the gate wearing a hoodie or golf shirt with a pair of Golf Shorts? Can someone please clarify the first class dress code that Delta uses.
April Fool's was yesterday.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 11:49 am

Programs: QF LTG
I was downgraded to a middle seat in economy because my pocket square was poorly folded and I had a clip on bow tie. Tread carefully, a properly fitted tux should be worn at all times. On redeyes it is suitable to change in to a hoodie and golf shorts provided you put your tux back on at least two hours before landing.
hi55us likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
I was an AA employee back in the early 90's when employee dress codes codes were still very strict. I remember wearing a suit to Hawaii so I could attempt to ride in F. It usually didn't work out and here I was riding in a middle seat on a DC-10 in the smoking section with a suit on...
Old Apr 2, 2019, 12:56 pm

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by formeraa
I was an AA employee back in the early 90's when employee dress codes codes were still very strict. I remember wearing a suit to Hawaii so I could attempt to ride in F. It usually didn't work out and here I was riding in a middle seat on a DC-10 in the smoking section with a suit on...
DL required jacket and tie in the early 90s as well (at least for travel agents on industry tickets).
Old Apr 2, 2019, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Deltaworst Peon Level, TSA "Layer 21 Club", NW WP RIP
When are you flying? If you wear white after labor day they downgrade you to a bench seat in the cargo hold, and you have to help row the plane.

Seriously, the dress code is "whatever will not get you arrested for indecent exposure in the airport terminal." The toughest airport standards on your journey apply. If you fly from San Francisco to Saudi Arabia, note they have VERY different dress codes. YMMV.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 1:16 pm

Programs: Delta
Originally Posted by omaralt
flying FC from tampa and orlando a few times i've noticed most men here are boycotting sleeves for some odd reason..
That's because they have the right to bare arms.
Gerbs and omaralt like this.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 1:19 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
An endangered rodent?
You're probably thinking about a civit, which is actually a close relative of a cat. For what it is worth, this particular animal makes some of the most highly prized, albeit controversial, coffee in the world.

For what it is worth I'm a cat lover who feels guilty drinking this coffee even though it really is that much better than what you can find at your neighborhood coffee shop.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern
I have actually flown Delta F tieless.
Scandalous!!
Old Apr 2, 2019, 1:39 pm

Programs: Delta-Million miler
How about a broken tooth, bad haircut, dirty finger nails, shaggy beard, ...
Old Apr 2, 2019, 1:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by BearX220
So... brown shoes, black belt = deplaned?
Brown...IN TOWN???? Scandalous!
BearX220 likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 1:49 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AA Plat, Hilton Diamond
Seriously?

Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
You're probably thinking about a civit, which is actually a close relative of a cat. For what it is worth, this particular animal makes some of the most highly prized, albeit controversial, coffee in the world.

For what it is worth I'm a cat lover who feels guilty drinking this coffee even though it really is that much better than what you can find at your neighborhood coffee shop.
That's an understatement:

Kopi Luwak is also called caphe cut chon (fox-dung coffee), in Vietnam, and kape alamid, in the Philippines. It is coffee that is prepared using coffee cherries that have been eaten and partly digested by the Asian palm civet, then harvested from its fecal matter. The civets digest the flesh of the coffee cherries but pass the pits (beans) inside, where stomach enzymes affect the beans, which adds to the coffee's prized aroma and flavor. 0.5 kg (1 lb) can cost up to $600 in some parts of the world and about $100 a cup in others.
worldwidedreamer, Gerbs and hi55us like this.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 2:06 pm

Programs: DL Skymiles, AF/KL Flying Blue
Originally Posted by DCAFly
That's an understatement:

Kopi Luwak is also called caphe cut chon (fox-dung coffee), in Vietnam, and kape alamid, in the Philippines. It is coffee that is prepared using coffee cherries that have been eaten and partly digested by the Asian palm civet, then harvested from its fecal matter. The civets digest the flesh of the coffee cherries but pass the pits (beans) inside, where stomach enzymes affect the beans, which adds to the coffee's prized aroma and flavor. 0.5 kg (1 lb) can cost up to $600 in some parts of the world and about $100 a cup in others.
The craziness of the direction that this thread has taken rivals that of some of the goofiest mileage run routings I've seen on FlyerTalk...
hi55us and jinglish like this.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 2:16 pm

He mentions golf shirt, shorts.....next week is The Masters. Delta will see a LOT of golfers flying in first class next week. If you paid for that FC ticket you'll be warmly welcomed in those usually expensive shorts and golf shorts!
Trust me, I know the situation with visiting patrons flying in... Have a great week in Augusta!
Old Apr 2, 2019, 2:31 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Originally Posted by Stephan Richard
I was wondering if I will be denied my First class seat if I show up at the gate wearing a hoodie or golf shirt with a pair of Golf Shorts? Can someone please clarify the first class dress code that Delta uses.
Yes. You will be denied boarding. The FAA mandates $1,350 in compensation of IDB so you can get yourself a new Tux.
Gig103 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.