FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Delta Domestic First class dress code (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1963595-delta-domestic-first-class-dress-code.html)

Stephan Richard Apr 2, 2019 3:06 am

Delta Domestic First class dress code

I am flying next week and I was wondering if I will be denied my First class seat if I show up at the gate wearing a hoodie or golf shirt with a pair of Golf Shorts? Can someone please clarify the first class dress code that Delta uses.

JesseRohr Apr 2, 2019 3:25 am

Is this for real?

LoganFlyer Apr 2, 2019 3:53 am

There is no dress code for DL F. If you can wear it on the plane, you can wear it in first class.

eastindywalrus Apr 2, 2019 3:55 am

I assure you that it's almost impossible to violate any "dress code" that Delta might have for domestic first class. I think you'll find that you might not even be the most casual passenger in that attire. First class is a great place for people with way more money than fashion or common sense, and it often really shows.

dilbertsdaddy Apr 2, 2019 4:02 am

Often the sloppiest people on the a/c are in F. Go figure.

tennessetom Apr 2, 2019 4:12 am

Maybe the question relates to those on buddy passes and things of the such being denied boarding because they were not dressed appropriately and the related news articles. If you paid for your ticket either with cash or miles there are no rules

LondonElite Apr 2, 2019 4:19 am

Shorts are obviously frowned upon. To be on the safe side, proper trousers (ie with a crease) and a shirt, and blazer. A cravat is always nice but not strictly necessary.

josephstern Apr 2, 2019 5:04 am

I have actually flown Delta F tieless.

DLdweeb Apr 2, 2019 5:31 am

Originally Posted by josephstern (Post 30955717)
I have actually flown Delta F tieless.

That was you????

MountainGuy Apr 2, 2019 6:05 am

I actually wore jeans in first last Friday. They weren't going to let me board, but I flashed my brag tag and they said they could make a one time exception

MSPeconomist Apr 2, 2019 6:06 am

If you're not a DL employee flying nonrev or a buddy pass rider, the only dress code is that you be sufficiently dressed to not violate any local laws, which effectively means that you can't be naked. DL rules say that you could be offloaded if you stink or are wearing something offensive. Common wisdom is to avoid things that could cause trouble at airport security, meaning no fake guns and no clothing with lots of metal that cannot be removed quickly and easily.

davetravels Apr 2, 2019 6:10 am

What's a cravat??? :eek:

MSPeconomist Apr 2, 2019 6:11 am

Originally Posted by davetravels (Post 30955841)
What's a cravat??? :eek:

An endangered rodent?

3Cforme Apr 2, 2019 6:14 am

tennesetom's suggestion of a standard for pass riders is useful.

Delta has a relaxed dress code for pass riders, including Buddies. The standard is based on respect — for our customers and for you. Delta trusts your good judgment when traveling on a Buddy Pass. Just remember, Delta has a relaxed dress code for pass riders, but that doesn’t mean a sloppy appearance is acceptable. You should never wear unclean, revealing or lewd garments, or swimwear or sleepwear on a flight. The relaxed dress code also applies for Buddy Pass travel on Delta Connection carriers.

https://thegate.boardingarea.com/bud...lta-air-lines/

As for non-Pass riders, welcome to the U.S.A. of the 21st century. You need footwear. A shirt, and pants or shorts - nothing lewd. No profane proclamations on the garments. That's about it. It used to be detailed in the Contract of Carriage, but they've broken up the CofC and dumbed it down a dozen ways.

UKtravelbear Apr 2, 2019 6:17 am

Gentlemen should wear a Tuxedo and ladies long dresses. Decorations and jewels optional.

Tiaras should be removed if using the emergency slide in case it tears (plus you don't want to lose a slew of diamonds on the runway)