Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Mileage credit for DL ticket stock, KL marketed and operated flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2019, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA Gold/1MM, AS MVP 100K, AA Gold

I have an unusual situation coming up and I’m coming to the experts..

I have an upcoming trip that I booked through my corporate portal. Below flights are marketed and operated by respective airlines:
KL686 MEX-AMS (Class Z)
KL1417 AMS-LYS (J)
AF7649 LYS-CDG (J)
AZ333 CDG-FCO (I)
AZ676 FCO-MEX (I)

I’m not sure how, but it was booked on 006 ticket stock. I’m used to similar itineraries being booked on KL or AF stock.

So my question is that since these flights are all marketed and operated by KL/AF/AZ, will I get partner earnings and MQM/MQD at 40% of mileage or will I earn as if I’m flying delta since it’s on 006 ticket stock.

The website seems to say to say that if it’s operated and marketed by partner, its partner earnings but it doesn’t explicitly mention if thats the case with 006 ticket stock.

Thanks for the guidance.

Last edited by TechMarauder; Mar 27, 2019 at 3:11 pm
Old Mar 27, 2019, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Stock doesn't matter anymore. It used to, but they removed it from calculations.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA Gold/1MM, AS MVP 100K, AA Gold
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Stock doesn't matter anymore. It used to, but they removed it from calculations.
Thank you!
Old Jul 29, 2019, 8:54 pm

Location: SEA, or BOS, or MUC, or other places (probably connecting). "Detroit, Michigan is in the Eastern time zone."
Programs: DL PM/1MM, AS 100K, NEXUS/GE, CLEAR, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Gold
Related question: for partner-marketed flights under 500 miles, does anyone know if you get MQDs based on the actual mileage or the 500 minimum? (I'm going to be close enough to the threshold that this might actually matter this year....)

EDIT: found the answer in another thread and, sadly, it's the lower actual mileage. Oh well.

Last edited by CKDGM; Jul 29, 2019 at 8:58 pm Reason: found the answer, added link
Old Sep 25, 2019, 5:45 am

Programs: DL DM & 2MM; Marriott Titanium
Hi - I’m a newbie here, and in a similar situation. Just so that I understand: if the flight is operated by AF/KL, even if the ticket is starting with “006”, one will earn MQM, RDM etc. per partner arrangements? I just bought my tickets from JFK to NCE via Amex IAP in PE. Tickets are starting with “006”, but all flights are operated by AF.

Wil appreciate any insights. Thanks!
Old Sep 25, 2019, 6:52 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by metalblaze
Hi - I’m a newbie here, and in a similar situation. Just so that I understand: if the flight is operated by AF/KL, even if the ticket is starting with “006”, one will earn MQM, RDM etc. per partner arrangements? I just bought my tickets from JFK to NCE via Amex IAP in PE. Tickets are starting with “006”, but all flights are operated by AF.

What matters is not the stock, nor who operates the flight, but the two letters that appear before the flight number on your itinerary as booked.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 7:07 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Zorak
What matters is not the stock, nor who operates the flight, but the two letters that appear before the flight number on your itinerary as booked.
According to the DL website:
Any eligible flight that is not Delta-marketed will earn miles according to these partner airline rules. For certain partners, earn will be determined based on marketing and ticketing carrier. [my highlighting]
So this does suggest the ticket carrier may matter.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by speed.skater

Leftover language in the generic info section that got skipped.

The earning rules for each partner (listed by clicking on the partner name) have had the language removed. Ticketing carrier has zero to do with earning on DL anymore.
speed.skater likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by speed.skater

It's just leftover language from when it's used to matter. If you actually click on each partner section, there are no longer any earning restrictions based on ticketing carrier. I believe the last one where it mattered was KE. But that ended on on May 1, 2018 after their JV was approved and KE became a Tier 1 partner.
speed.skater likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 11:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by metalblaze

AF operated flights would mean a CDG connection. If you're traveling in the summer, there's a very nice daily nonstop DL flight from JFK to NCE, although sometimes it's more expensive. If it's still within 24 hours, you might want to consider changing the ticket. For PE, DL versus AF seats and service have their pros and cons.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 9:04 pm

Programs: DL DM & 2MM; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
AF operated flights would mean a CDG connection. If you're traveling in the summer, there's a very nice daily nonstop DL flight from JFK to NCE, although sometimes it's more expensive. If it's still within 24 hours, you might want to consider changing the ticket. For PE, DL versus AF seats and service have their pros and cons.
I am traveling in March next year to NCE, but did the JFK—NCE non-stop earlier this year. It was a DL flight, and there wasn’t any PE; only Comfort+.

I think the new/updated AF A330s have a nice PE cabin.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 9:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
My *guess* is that the NCE flight will get PS fairly soon as it's a high yielding route.

However, for March there won't yet be the nonstop flight, which means that if you want PE, AF through CDG would be it as you don't want to add a connection and fly in the reverse direction to get DL PS, for example using the DTW-AMS nonstop. [MSP-CDG had PS on the DL 777 this summer, but there's been an aircraft change and I don't expect it to change back by March.]
Old Apr 18, 2020, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
This is amazing. I used to get burned by this restriction quite a bit since AF/KL tickets are usually ticketed to 006 stock within the US. Does anyone know when this changed?
Old Apr 18, 2020, 1:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
This is amazing. I used to get burned by this restriction quite a bit since AF/KL tickets are usually ticketed to 006 stock within the US. Does anyone know when this changed?
Delta Partner Mileage Accrual Changes Effective Jan 2018
Old Apr 18, 2020, 2:13 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I have had multiple AF and KL tickets plated on 057 and 074 but maybe I've just been lucky.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.