Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta FT Photograph Collection- a flame free thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta FT Photograph Collection- a flame free thread

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2021, 7:43 pm

Programs: Pre✓, Delta DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Mariott Plat, PC Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
Rainy night takeoff at ATL yesterday evening.

Last edited by KenTarmac; May 5, 2021 at 8:20 pm
Old May 6, 2021, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Absolutely gorgeous day on the F SkyDeck at ATL.

Old May 6, 2021, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
Absolutely gorgeous day on the F SkyDeck at ATL.
Good thing you were there today and not yesterday or the day before...
Old May 6, 2021, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by cmd320
Good thing you were there today and not yesterday or the day before...
That was all luck too. My original plan was to fly yesterday but there were no window Suite seats available on the A350 so I opted to fly today where there were window Suite seats available.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
en route SEA-FAI (from DL1220, N903DN)

a couple more pix in the LoungeTM thread
cmd320, strickerj, Zorak and 4 others like this.
Old Jun 11, 2021, 1:11 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Hyatt Explorist, Wyndham Diamond
Departing LAX in 767-400 D1

Old Jun 21, 2021, 9:46 pm

Programs: AA,DL,F9,UA,WN
Delta 267 Flies Over Greenland

Southern Greenland
I've traveled dozens of time over the Atlantic to/from mainland Europe and the UK and all of those flights did not loop north far enough to see Greenland. That was not the case with Delta 267 from Reykjavik to Boston last week. We passed over the southern Kujalleq tip of the island. It was spectacular looking!
photojojo, bonoman, ck8 and 9 others like this.
Old Jun 21, 2021, 10:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Doesn't the straight line (or better, geodesic or minimum distance, although I know that flight paths are optimized for fuel burn, turbulence, flight duration, etc.) path between Iceland and BOS go over Greenland?
Old Jun 22, 2021, 1:21 am

Programs: Delta Diamond (MM), Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by SUPERTRAVEL
I've traveled dozens of time over the Atlantic to/from mainland Europe and the UK and all of those flights did not loop north far enough to see Greenland. That was not the case with Delta 267 from Reykjavik to Boston last week. We passed over the southern Kujalleq tip of the island. It was spectacular looking!
Loved that view too when I left KEF a few years back.
SUPERTRAVEL likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 1:28 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Quite common to pass over Greenland on the TATLs to/from the West Coast. Have gotten some amazing views on a few westbound day flights.
SUPERTRAVEL, bonoman and ATOBTTR like this.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 2:17 am

Programs: DL DM

Southern Greenland
My brother and his wife were on that flight earlier this month. He sent me some amazing pics of Greenland. He are a couple of them.

Old Jun 22, 2021, 2:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Doesn't the straight line (or better, geodesic or minimum distance, although I know that flight paths are optimized for fuel burn, turbulence, flight duration, etc.) path between Iceland and BOS go over Greenland?
It comes pretty close -- A map from Great Circle Mapper - Great Circle Mapper

I recall flying over it at times on AMS-DTW flights even though GC distance is pretty far south of it. Here's a recent example -- https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...855Z/EHAM/KDTW
Old Jun 22, 2021, 5:36 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium

Southern Greenland
I’ve flown over Greenland several times out of my 300+ Transatlantic crossings and it’s more common than you think but usually there’s a cloud cover. It’s always amazing to see Northern Canada, Siberia, and Greenland in the summers and winters with the snow capped glaciers and tundra.

Now I just need to visit Greenland and see it up front for myself.
SUPERTRAVEL, photojojo and cmd320 like this.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 5:45 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire
Here are some Greenland snaps from three different DOH-ORD flights so far this year. I make sure to stay up for the view and wonder how many people have no idea what’s waiting outside their closed window

Old Jun 22, 2021, 7:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
I had a few great flights over Greenland on board LHR to LAX.

I remember one flight in 2019 (my last 747 flight as well) where we were heading almost up straight to the North first and left the UK at the very top of Scotland (great coastal views as well) which ended up to be my most Northern flight ever. Was a one timer though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.